RC poster

UDR light kit issue

I just installed the new Traxxas UDR lightkit and I'm having an issue with the Traxxas link app. When i try to use the light function on the app I'm getting a message "no Traxxas power amplifier detected". Everythings been updated , reinstalled the app on my phone (iphone X) , and restarted my phone. The lights work without the app and will cycle through the modes. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Thanks

RC poster
    Im having the same issue with the traxxas 8029 kit on a trx-4. Anyone solve this?

Im all updated on a 6s iphone. The lighting kit is plugged into the spare channel 1.

Traxxas Employee
    The #8029 TRX-4 light kit does not work with the #6590 High-Voltage Power Amplifier and the Traxxas Link App.

On the UDR light kit #8485, the #6590 power amplifier talks to the app through the VXL6Sv2 ESC and the Traxxas TQi radio system.

RC Enthusiast
    that doesn't help us who have no Traxxas power amplifier detected in the app, my lights worked fine before, now they say that when I go to light part of the app..

RC Enthusiast
    well, i tried out something, i took off the body, powered on the truck, hit the button on the light kit amp, lights came on.
    I then could turn the lights on and off using the app for when it's day time. So i see now that if u turn off the amp with the little button on top, it will say there is no amp detected. So make sure you have it on, then use the app to turn off the lights for daytime running, if you are wanting to save on batt time.

RC poster
    I had the same issue, after trying to update my power amp burned out. I took my truck to traxxas and they replaced my transmitter and power amp for free. now it all works as it should.

RC poster
    My issue is the light kit worked fine after fitting, updating and then updated again and now i have no brake lights. The red lights come on when cycled but not when braking. Not sure what has happened

RC Competitor
    I’ve got the same issue, did anyone find a fix?