Rustler 4xX4 VXL

This looks like an awesome little rig!

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/rustler-4x4-vxl/
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I have dreamed of this existing for years.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    Sure does this is my next Traxxas buy for sure!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I kinda think I'd like to take one of my 4x4 slashes, use the longer chassis, and convert to this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

I've wanted to get a Slash 4x4 but never liked the size of the tires. When I saw this it immediately went to my wish list.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Any news on a release date?

RC poster
    Where o where is the nitro rustler 4x4? Traxxas need to make one just for the people that got them going.
    I have a nitro rustler that 12 years old. It will still do 70mph with the 3.3, a 60t spur, a 19t clutch and with old school foamy tires.

I would like to have this rustler but a nitro rustler 4x4 is my wet dream.

I was an electric hater. That all changed when I was given a rc10 b3. I rebuilt it with a cheap brushless system and some 2s 2200 lipos. Turnd out to be faster then I thought so the next day I went and picked up a 3s 3300 Lipo 50c.
    That day I became a believer. I my rustler was still faster.
    So I still love my nitro.
    LscottD

RC poster
    id like to see an e-jato

RC poster
    Lol the only way a nitro rustler is hitting 70 is while flying off a cliff.

RC Enthusiast
    Got my Rustler 4x4 VXL last week. Great car . Handles great, proving to be a lot more robust at taking jumps and odd landings then my Revo 2.0 or my old revo for that matter.

Couple things I would note, that so far with half dozen attempts with a 3S battery the self righting feature has yet to work on this truck, it does work on my Revo 2.0 and X-maxx . Also speaking of 3S batteries. Traxxas has a new 5000 3S 25C with that is shorter. I saw on the website there were several batteries listed as compatible with the Rustler 4x4, including a 5000 3S 25C batteries, which I have several of those 25C 5000 traxxas batteries that I use in my X-maxx's, UDR's, E-revo's, Slash's etc. etc. Turns out those won't fin in the Rustler. I am glad we did some test fitting at the store, I thought the battery compartment looked a little short for 25C 5000 Traxxas battery , and it was or is to short unless you get the new short version of the Traxxas 25C 5000 battery.

So far it handles really well and is proving to be just as tough as my Slash ultimate. I like the size of this thing.

Looking forward to the E-bay RC parts strippers getting ahold of the cheaper brush models, I am not crazy about the Hawaii theme splash paint job on this VXL version , the bush version is coming with a more traditional paint job, and I plan to get one of those bodies soon as possible.

Overall good job Traxxas on another great RC.
    RC's UDR's=2-Red,1-White,1-Custom/1-XMaxx/1-Slash

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
    Lol the only way a nitro rustler is hitting 70 is while flying off a cliff.
    Would you put money on that? Because i have and will again. I own the car so?
    LscottD

Rustler 4xX4 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Lscottd View Post
    Would you put money on that? Because i have and will again. I own the car so?
    Your comment is noted.
    Do you have anything to post about a Rustler 4x4 in this Rustler 4x4 thread?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    I can't wait to get one. I have a nitro and a vxl rustler. I'm betting this is going to become my favorite. I don't mean to go off topic but I feel as if I'm being discriminated against because I can make a car go faster than someone think is possible so they have to make a rude comment and my love for nitro and saying I would like to see one made. Sorry.
    LscottD

RC poster
    It looks like a shorter, narrower Slash LCG, which would be really cool! If so, I'd be a chassis, driveshaft, and 2wd Ruster body away from a true Rustler 4x4!

RC Enthusiast
    I think it shares a lot with the slash, it is sort of a factory monster slash without the body rub issues you tend to have with ballooning tires on a monster slash conversion.
    RC's UDR's=2-Red,1-White,1-Custom/1-XMaxx/1-Slash

RC poster
    I bought mine today 379.99 plus tax. I got the first one.
    The owner called me and said since a shipment was on the way he sold me the unopened demo Traxxas sent him.
    I asked him to sell it to me out of the shop window about 2 weeks ago.
    Point being they should all be hitting the hobbies stores very shortly.

RC poster
    Does anyone know the lowest c rating that should be used in the new 4x4

RC poster
    Let me rephrase that. I got the first one from my local hobby store.
    Others may already have them. Not sure .

RC poster
    In some stores now

Traxxas Employee TraxxasMacgyver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post

Couple things I would note, that so far with half dozen attempts with a 3S battery the self righting feature has yet to work on this truck, it does work on my Revo 2.0 and X-maxx . Also speaking of 3S batteries. Traxxas has a new 5000 3S 25C with that is shorter. I saw on the website there were several batteries listed as compatible with the Rustler 4x4, including a 5000 3S 25C batteries, which I have several of those 25C 5000 traxxas batteries that I use in my X-maxx's, UDR's, E-revo's, Slash's etc. etc. Turns out those won't fin in the Rustler. I am glad we did some test fitting at the store, I thought the battery compartment looked a little short for 25C 5000 Traxxas battery , and it was or is to short unless you get the new short version of the Traxxas 25C 5000 battery.
    HEY CC1999 Glad to hear that you like the Rustler! As far as the self righting goes I would try reseting the profile through the app as well as make sure that your slipper clutch is properly tightened. That should take care of it.

As for the 3s 5000 25c you are correct we do have a new shorter one. It is part #2832X found here. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...ah-111v-3S-25C

Let us know if these suggestions help!