RC poster

Steering problem.

My Bigfoot will only turn with calibration nob on the transmitter but not with steering wheel. What's the problem?

Either your steering knob is broken or a receiver issue most likely. Open up the receiver box on your truck and try swapping channels. i.e. Plug the servo plug in channel 1 into channel 2, and the esc throttle plug into channel 1 and see if they work that way. The trigger will now control steering and the wheel will now control throttle. (make sure your steering trim in set to the middle though before turning it on)

You should be able to figure out if it's the transmitter or the receiver itself that way. If the throttle doesn't work with the steering wheel in channel 2, it's your transmitter. If the steering doesn't work with the throttle trigger while pluggedinto channel 1, it's your receiver.

Also try calling traxxas support if you're not sure what to do, they can talk you through the steps and this is most likely the first thing they will have you do. Also protip when calling support: call in the afternoon during the work week and not at night although you might have to wait until tuesday as tomorrow is a holiday and i don't believe they work on weekends. The late night guys don't seem to know jack.

RC Champion
    Definitely call Traxxas after doing what PJ suggested for troubleshooting, I think the wheel pot is shot.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PJbottoms View Post
    Either your steering knob is broken or a receiver issue most likely. Open up the receiver box on your truck and try swapping channels. i.e. Plug the servo plug in channel 1 into channel 2, and the esc throttle plug into channel 1 and see if they work that way. The trigger will now control steering and the wheel will now control throttle. (make sure your steering trim in set to the middle though before turning it on)

You should be able to figure out if it's the transmitter or the receiver itself that way. If the throttle doesn't work with the steering wheel in channel 2, it's your transmitter. If the steering doesn't work with the throttle trigger while pluggedinto channel 1, it's your receiver.

Also try calling traxxas support if you're not sure what to do, they can talk you through the steps and this is most likely the first thing they will have you do. Also protip when calling support: call in the afternoon during the work week and not at night although you might have to wait until tuesday as tomorrow is a holiday and i don't believe they work on weekends. The late night guys don't seem to know jack.
    Thanx PJ. I will try that.

Just to give warning again, make SURE your steering trim is centered before turning it on after swapping the channels. You don't want the truck taking off as soon as you turn on the esc before you have hands on the transmitter.

No, I never did that. If someone says I did, they're lying! Yeah, that's it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by guapost View Post
    My Bigfoot will only turn with calibration nob on the transmitter but not with steering wheel. What's the problem?
    Have you tried to factory reset the tx and see if it still does the same thing.

RC poster
    Hi all.

Yes i did try to reset the tx with no effect. Tried the above and that proves that the wheel on the TX is the problem. I have contacted the store where i bought it to get the TX replaced. Fingers crossed...

RC Qualifier
    Good luck and I hope that solves your issue.