RC Racer

A story you should all hear...

So I'm in my neighborhood area, I'm at a quiet place that I always go to when I want to make some speed runs with my Slash. It's a long straightway, no bumps, just smooth asphalt. Today on my run, three ladies were walking their dogs when I came with my car to test out my new lipos. I set my car down and plug in the On-Board Audio system, and then take it for a rip. I bought the car back and was reading the speedometer when this lady walking her dog comes up to me and says, "you can't do this hear, you're scaring our dogs." So I kindly offer to unplug my OBA system because honestly that thing was making a bit of noise. I was halfway through my second speed run when the two other ladies walking their dogs started shouting at me. "YOU CANT DO THIS! OUR DOGS ARE GETTING SCARED!" Now I'm furious, but I've decided that's enough. I pack my gear up and go back home.

Honestly, it sucks that people will go out of their ways to ruin your fun. Like honestly, big giant SUVs must be passing by every day, but I doubt that they'd say a word to them. When it comes to a little tenth scale car with a cheap built-in speaker system, suddenly its a HUGE deal because they do not understand my idea of fun. Anyways that's enough for my rant, I'm pretty angry about it still that people went out of their way to make stupid excuses, just to ruin my fun.

Any comments on this?

Somewhere a lady is posting on the dog forums about some jerk blasting an RC car up and down the street of her favorite dog walking route and scaring her dog.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

So maybe you should tell them that (you can't walk your dogs your dogs are scaring the kids). People will alway be ignorant.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good

RC Qualifier
    Dog people......

Not as bad as horse people. ☺

RC Racer
    HAHAHA! Yea earlier one of the ladies' dogs actually ran up to my grandma and she got scared, literally didn't say a word about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jainm View Post

Any comments on this?
    I live on a street where at least four ladies walk their dogs. When I see them
    coming I stop my truck and waite. As they pass we exchange smiles and maybe
    some small talk. It's the polite thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    I live on a street where at least four ladies walk their dogs. When I see them
    coming I stop my truck and waite. As they pass we exchange smiles and maybe
    some small talk. It's the polite thing to do.
    I do the same on the trails and on the rare occasion I'm in a park or on my street. FWIW, it never hurts to compliment them on their animal.
    Now if I could only get these wonderful people to pick up after their belongings that they treat like or better than their children...
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I do the same on the trails and on the rare occasion I'm in a park or on my street. FWIW, it never hurts to compliment them on their animal.
    Now if I could only get these wonderful people to pick up after their belongings that they treat like or better than their children...
    I had to break down and install a camera to watch my front yard; I asked a gentleman down the street to pick up after his about ten times, ten times he denied it.
    When I should him the video and he actually got offended .
    I walk my Yorkie every morning but take a plastic bag and paper towels.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

I usually always stop when dogs are passing or take my slash slow. But there is this one dog that seriously growls and barks at me when I walk by its gate, and whether I'm driving my slash or not, it gets so mad at me. It scares the heck out of me. Because if it ever got out, I'd be dead.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    Dog people......
    What do you mean, "Dog people..."?

Two things you have to be extra careful around, dogs and kids. Honestly, the dogs are easier to predict than the kids are, I have had neighbor kids jump in front of one of my RCs doing 35mph. Sadly, sometimes the best course of action is a hasty retreat.

I would have recommend to the ladies to not walk their dogs in an area where they might get frightened, and that you had as much right to be there with your RC as they did with their dogs (moronic HOA rules not withstanding).
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I have had neighbor kids jump in front of one of my RCs doing 35mph. Sadly, sometimes the best course of action is a hasty retreat.
    Haha. Wow. The only person I've hit with my trucks was myself sadly.. It was a mistake letting a friend keep the controller when I tried grabbing it for a quick repair.

RC Qualifier
    If you are going 60+ which I believe you are? You really cannot do that when people are around.
    The scaring our dogs thing is annoying but honestly someone could get very hurt if you were to loose control which is highly likely at those speeds.

I speed run out on a farm road between two corn fields. It sucks to drive 20+ mins out to it but at 100+mph I could literally kill someone.

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    I try my hardest to stay away from dogs, If i go to a local park and theres a dog there, ill usually just go to the next park. but if I was there first, I try to kinda stay to one area.
    I'm more afraid of the dogs catching one of my rc's.lol

If theres a lot people around at a park. Ill usually just keep it easy until I kind of feel them out. most people don't mind or even better yet come and talk story. you get your occasional staredowns lol

I've had a parent let her kids chase my xmaxx around the park(funniest thing ever, kid was having a blast, he got tired out pretty fast)

Some people you just can not please though, I would just remember the time, I'm sure they walk there dogs around the same time everyday, best to just avoid them, doesn't mean they're right though.

If your walking your dog and see an rc car driving around, i don't know why you would want to continue to go closer anyway,
    and then to tell them they have to move?!

RC Competitor
    i've had people whine about my rc's, but i just tell them to pound sand. last i checked, the parks/streets/etc belong to neither one of us. we both have just as much right as the other to be there.

it's not like they're gonna stop their dog from yapping, or their kids from throwing some random tantrum just because it annoys me.

RC Qualifier
    That's a ridiculous reaction from the dog owners. Personally I have no problems on my street and every time I go out to play with my RCs someone usually joins me and we just bash in my front yard and eventually drive down to the park and bash there. No one has ever bothered me about RCs other than "where can I get one?"
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

My road is pretty good for speed runs and the dogs all are either in a fenced back yard or in a front yard with an invisible fence. No problems from them. The kids however, are a pain. They chase your car or jump out in front of them (one jumped out and caused me to wreck my truggy at 70mph and it hit a rock and broke) or they ask to drive them and whine when you say no. I dont blame them though. If I were 10 Id want one some fast toy trucks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Empire932 View Post
    I'm more afraid of the dogs catching one of my rc's.lol
    Ive had that happen.. Not fun. The dog left some huge dents in my body and ripped it in a couple areas. It was fun having the dogs chase them. Just not when one caught it... It was just an old basher body though, so I didn't make a big deal out of it to my friends.

For me, I live out on country-ish roads. Its just quiet roads with the occasional neighbor that drives by. once I'm at the point where I'm just about to go out of range, I drive my car over to the grass and ditch when there is a car. However, I dont have fast speed machines like you guys. (Yet) My top speed I ever got was 41 km/h.
    Last edited by Traxxas9008; 09-04-2018 at 04:16 PM.

RC Competitor
    Agree totally with the cleaning up after comment. Here in the country unfortunately too many people just let em roam.
    This may catch a little backlash. Honestly I don't care
    But I've chased large dogs off on numerous occasions with both electrics and nitro burners.

Nothing more aggravates me when someones dog they let roam comes onto our property for a rest stop.
    Had a few nice flower bed and garden decor ruined from dogs chewing them up or urinating on plants
    Ridiculous.

I used to do tests on my street when I was prepping for race day and didn't want to go all the way to the track... To make along story short, neighbor pulled out of his driveway right in front of me and I had no lid on my R/C... This equaled to my TMAXX being totaled as I was doing over 35 easy and it slammed right into the cross-member of his Chevy S-10 truck....

Here's my post from way back when... Pics included. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ighlight=Chevy

That was the last time I ever ran on a public road... And actually, by law in most states, running them on the streets IS illegal.

Next time you see the lady walking her dog have some dog treats, make peace and ask if and when she thinks you could run your R/C and let her know you love your hobby as much as she loves her dog.

Sometimes it's better to rise above the problem instead of confrontation.... You catch more flies with honey than vinegar..

I'm a dog person, but I'm also a lot more easy going about things.... Prevents heart troubles and promotes longevity
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Oooh, Man, That must of sucked with your Tmaxx.
    And I should probably check the laws on running my Traxxas on the streets. lol.

RC poster
    Our dog loves my Stampede 4x4, mostly loves chasing it in an off leash dog park of all places. I am also trying to shy away from areas with more dogs. It helps anyone passing by to see that our dog loves chasing it, and haven’t heard any complaints about scaring their dog. Although they would kind of make their dog look bad in comparison to ours if they did. Lol

It’s actually what first made me interested in this hobby. A dog owner was running his RC around the same park with his dog, when our dog showed interest in the chase too. Great exercise for a dog!
    Stampede 4x4