cutting 2mm lexan body

For my speed run slash, I bought one of the delta plastik Jaguar XRS bodies. It is made of 2mm lexan and im not quite sure how to cut it. I know ive seen others use this body so what did you use to cut it?
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Enthusiast
    I have a 2mm Delta Plastil Peugeot 206 WRC body. First I ran the cut line with a hobby knife (just through the surface not deep). Then just start twisting from the cut. Pull and twist and it should cut nicely.

Then do the finishibg touches with sand paper and use the hobby knife again if needed.

Hope this helps!

2mm Is some thick stuff. I think I would go the extra effort of scoring it 2 or 3 times. Maybe even 4. On the last one you should put a bit extra pressure since the knife will follow the previous . Take your time with an exacto knife. They will get off track sometimes.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Champion
    I used lexan scissors.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    I used lexan scissors.
    How difficult was it compared to a standard thickness body? I'm not a very strong guy and cutting normal Lexan bodies is a pain for me

RC Racer
    This is the first I've heard of extra thick lexan bodies. What is the standard lexan thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by sevin7 View Post
    This is the first I've heard of extra thick lexan bodies. What is the standard lexan thickness?
    I believe standard thickness is 1mm

RC Competitor
    i've always just used a dremel on my bodies.. cut off wheel for the main cuts, and a drum sander to clean up and get the wheel openings

2mm... wow! I think I would use a chain saw!

For a body that thick, you just need a sharp exacto knife. Score the body where you want it cut, then give it a good bend away from the score and the lexan will snap. Recommend trying this on the flashing before you get close in to the body.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    https://www.sears.com/craftsman-evol...FYiOaQod5DELYw
    I use these instead of lexan scissors, they are about the same price, and come in 3 different variations, left, right, and strait. They would be able to cut the 2mm lexan like butter if they can cut through iron.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    How difficult was it compared to a standard thickness body? I'm not a very strong guy and cutting normal Lexan bodies is a pain for me
    its tough to cut, but the sides are thinner than 2mm. really the back was the hardest part.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    For my speed run slash, I bought one of the delta plastik Jaguar XRS bodies. It is made of 2mm lexan and im not quite sure how to cut it. I know ive seen others use this body so what did you use to cut it?
    I use a tile cutting blade in my dremel as close as possible and then switch it out for the 1/2" or 1/4" 80 grit sanding drum in my dremel and it's fast and never had an issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickitSAM View Post
    https://www.sears.com/craftsman-evol...FYiOaQod5DELYw
    I use these instead of lexan scissors, they are about the same price, and come in 3 different variations, left, right, and strait. They would be able to cut the 2mm lexan like butter if they can cut through iron.
    I have a pair of those but they are not good on round things like the cutout for the tires. this was the first thing I tested.

Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    its tough to cut, but the sides are thinner than 2mm. really the back was the hardest part.
    I'm going to give the lexan scissors a try.I will test them on the extra scrap on the edges.