Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I wonder if the xo-1 axles would have fared better with its 6mm stub axles.

In any case I agree. I am repurposing actually a set of my Rustl4r build’s 3978+6882x+spiral gears along with x duty drive shafts on a new xo-1 project I’m putting together in place of the stock xo-1 drive shafts since it may or may involve two 2200kv motors.
    That is a good question. At this point, I'm not going to bother. I know for a fact that MIP X-Duty axles are the way to go. Most of my sets are over seven years old! Still working perfectly
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

So I took out my new Ultimate edition! It is in the mid 80's and I went hard on it! I wanted to see how hot I could get it. Well full throttle from full battery to 3.75v per cell got me the first motor temperature. The second picture is after about four minutes with the fan running

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Wow ! You sure can't argue about fans and heat sinks with those temp differnces can you?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    So I took out my new Ultimate edition! It is in the mid 80's and I went hard on it! I wanted to see how hot I could get it. Well full throttle from full battery to 3.75v per cell got me the first motor temperature. The second picture is after about four minutes with the fan running

That's sweet! I got my 2600kv temp up to 215 a couple weeks ago. Pavement and speed with no rest on 4s, 19/54, and fan was still in the mail at the time. Didn't phase my motor, thank goodness. Ran it hard on pavement today on 3s, 16/54, about 98 degrees out. I expected temp to be high again, but the fan, gearing, and 3s had it sittin pretty at 125! The fan made 100% difference for me. Also, do you have a good pic of your telemetry setup? Thinking about finally putting mine in.

Quote Originally Posted by ScRue58 View Post
    That's sweet! I got my 2600kv temp up to 215 a couple weeks ago. Pavement and speed with no rest on 4s, 19/54, and fan was still in the mail at the time. Didn't phase my motor, thank goodness. Ran it hard on pavement today on 3s, 16/54, about 98 degrees out. I expected temp to be high again, but the fan, gearing, and 3s had it sittin pretty at 125! The fan made 100% difference for me. Also, do you have a good pic of your telemetry setup? Thinking about finally putting mine in.
    Hopefully you didn't damage your magnets. Recently on one of mine I got the motor to 254F. My single motor fan died on me and I didn't know it. Only noticed something was wrong because it started cogging really bad. Took the body off and the fan wasn't spinning. So it likely got higher than 254F, it was just 254F when I checked it. I replaced the motor with a new one, but with the motor in my hand, spinning the output shaft, there was very minimal magnetic notching compared to the new motor.

I've since replaced my motor cooler with a dual fan unit in hopes that if a fan dies, I'll still have one which will hopefully avoid another motor failure.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Hopefully you didn't damage your magnets. Recently on one of mine I got the motor to 254F. My single motor fan died on me and I didn't know it. Only noticed something was wrong because it started cogging really bad. Took the body off and the fan wasn't spinning. So it likely got higher than 254F, it was just 254F when I checked it. I replaced the motor with a new one, but with the motor in my hand, spinning the output shaft, there was very minimal magnetic notching compared to the new motor.

I've since replaced my motor cooler with a dual fan unit in hopes that if a fan dies, I'll still have one which will hopefully avoid another motor failure.
    I've ran several times since and no issues. Think I got lucky. Didn't mean to push it that high, but she's dialed in nicely, and I was mesmerized with repetitive long runs, back and forth...

Oh, and 254??? Dang!!!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-12-2020 at 12:58 AM. Reason: merge

Oh, and 254??? Dang!!!
    Yep. I was surprised the kevlar/epoxy inside holding the magnets didn't let go. I pulled it apart to take the nearly new hybrid ceramic bearings out of it to put in the new motor and aside from the lack of magnet strength, it still looked fine.

Wow! 254į is crazy!!! The El Sob special 2.0 is a sensored motor system. One of the perks of it is you are able to set what temperature you want the motor to shut down at. I have it set at 160į. So far I have never gotten to that temperature. Even running in 90į+ and humid running full throttle almost the whole 7200mah 3s lipo it didn't get to 140į

I had a break today. It is windy out but I decided to take it for a spin anyway. So I ripped the front toe bar out of the shock tower. Instead of replacing the shock tower, I decided to make it stronger! If you remember I put nuts on the rear end of the truck on the shock tower? I decided to put them in the front also! That should put an end to the toe bars being ripped out of the shock tower

I had a break today. It is windy out but I decided to take it for a spin anyway. So I ripped the front toe bar out of the shock tower. Instead of replacing the shock tower, I decided to make it stronger! If you remember I put nuts on the rear end of the truck on the shock tower? I decided to put them in the front also! That should put an end to the toe bars being ripped out of the shock tower

I almost did that with mine when I installed the RPM towers... I really should do that as I've had two of them back out on me, or get torn half out.

I almost did that with mine when I installed the RPM towers... I really should do that as I've had two of them back out on me, or get torn half out.
    Putting nuts eliminates any problems. I have had them on the rear for a long time. I put nyloc nuts so you don't have to worry about tighten them. They don't loosen

RC Competitor
    [mention]El Sob [/mention] question. I have your 2.0 system on my slash platinum and it flips over at 3S full power. Any ideas for keeping it on the ground with minimal changes? I noticed in your video it doesnít try to flip like mine does. Some mods that make sense to mention:

- Proline body extension posts (just enough to clear 2.8 tires)
    - Bandito MT 2.8 tires
    - Proline bash armor body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeffucd View Post
    [mention]El Sob [/mention] question. I have your 2.0 system on my slash platinum and it flips over at 3S full power. Any ideas for keeping it on the ground with minimal changes? I noticed in your video it doesn’t try to flip like mine does. Some mods that make sense to mention:

- Bandito MT 2.8 tires

I don't run 2.8 Bandito tires. I tun 2.2/3.0. Could you please post a video of what your truck is doing?

[mention]El Sob [/mention] question. I have your 2.0 system on my slash platinum and it flips over at 3S full power. Any ideas for keeping it on the ground with minimal changes? I noticed in your video it doesn’t try to flip like mine does. Some mods that make sense to mention:

- Bandito MT 2.8 tires
    Wheelie bars and throttle finger mod?

Goob luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    ^^^

[mention]El Sob [/mention] question. I have your 2.0 system on my slash platinum and it flips over at 3S full power. Any ideas for keeping it on the ground with minimal changes? I noticed in your video it doesnít try to flip like mine does. Some mods that make sense to mention:

- Bandito MT 2.8 tires

I've been using the Monster Fusion body on 2.8's and it really does help with blowovers at speed, at least in my case. There is some magic in that body for those running 2.8's. There's more to it than that (suspension, power distribution, slipper, weight distribution, rear squat, etc.), but if I put my extended mounts and regular body on, I'll get blowovers at speed on my same setup.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-15-2020 at 02:10 AM. Reason: merge

^^^

I've been using the Monster Fusion body on 2.8's and it really does help with blowovers at speed, at least in my case. There is some magic in that body for those running 2.8's. There's more to it than that (suspension, power distribution, slipper, weight distribution, rear squat, etc.), but if I put my extended mounts and regular body on, I'll get blowovers at speed on my same setup.
    I am happy that you found something that works well for you! I had an Ultimate edition where it always blew over at precisely 65mph! A wheelie bar stopped that problem

RC Competitor
    I don't run 2.8 Bandito tires. I tun 2.2/3.0. Could you please post a video of what your truck is doing?
    Ah I see. Iíll post a video this weekend.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Wheelie bars and throttle finger mod?

Goob luck!
    Hehe, yes the twitchy finer mod always solves the problem. I can keep from flipping it over when driving it around. Just noticing I canít go full power when I want to wind it out.

I took off the body a moment ago and put the GPS on it and it didnít blow over. Have a new body on order thatís more aero-friendly so will see how it goes. Smaller tires will def help too.

On a separate note, I just put a 4S in and with the body off ran a top speed of 58mph. Lower than I thought it would be with the El Sob setup and a 20 tooth pinion and the stock (57T/32P?) spur gears.

RC Competitor
    ^^^

Interesting. I ended up cutting my extended post mounts down to help with aero, but then I cut them too short and on turns I get some rubbing with the 2.8 tires. I have a JConcepts Bajr body and will see if thatís any different.

Also, I used to only have MIP X-Duty CVDís on the rear and the Traxxas extreme duty driveshafts on the front. Today I put in the front ones to add some weight to the front and that helped too

Interesting. I ended up cutting my extended post mounts down to help with aero, but then I cut them too short and on turns I get some rubbing with the 2.8 tires. I have a JConcepts Bajr body and will see if that’s any different.

Also, I used to only have MIP X-Duty CVD’s on the rear and the Traxxas extreme duty driveshafts on the front. Today I put in the front ones to add some weight to the front and that helped too

Sounds like you have you truck dialed in pretty good! Do you have any pictures you can post? How did you only get 58mph? On 4s with 15 volts left in the pack and 19/54 gears I ran a consistent 65 mph.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like you have you truck dialed in pretty good! Do you have any pictures you can post? How did you only get 58mph? On 4s with 15 volts left in the pack and 19/54 gears I ran a consistent 65 mph.
    Thanks! Yes, it has been a nice evolution and I'm happy with where it is now. Which is all the more surprising that it can't get higher than 58mph. I made some changes to the truck last night: changed wheels to 2.2 GLOC's, removed the front bumper and body. Truck is very stable now and doesn't flip! However, the GPS only registered 57mph on 4-5 runs. The tires seem close to the end of their life, so that might have something to do with it. I have GRP S7's on the way, so once that's on there I'll feel more confident that I eliminated tires as a variable.

Link to pictures attached. I'm converting it to fit the GT style body in the picture, but have some parts coming. I'll try again tonight to get a video of the car running - it was a bit windy last night and I didn't want to send it flying again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KDJyZa1jeP8mQ1r58

Looks good and looks fun!

FYI: Your front rith and left read tires are swapped...

RC Competitor
    Looks good and looks fun!

FYI: Your front rith and left read tires are swapped...
    Thank you! I didnít know these were directional tires. Thanks for the note, Iíll swap them out.

I also just added a video to the album but you canít see much detail and thereís no audio (shot from my drone).

Thanks! Yes, it has been a nice evolution and I'm happy with where it is now. Which is all the more surprising that it can't get higher than 58mph. I made some changes to the truck last night: changed wheels to 2.2 GLOC's, removed the front bumper and body. Truck is very stable now and doesn't flip! However, the GPS only registered 57mph on 4-5 runs. The tires seem close to the end of their life, so that might have something to do with it. I have GRP S7's on the way, so once that's on there I'll feel more confident that I eliminated tires as a variable.

Link to pictures attached. I'm converting it to fit the GT style body in the picture, but have some parts coming. I'll try again tonight to get a video of the car running - it was a bit windy last night and I didn't want to send it flying again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KDJyZa1jeP8mQ1r58
    It sure has a lot of torque! It takes out of the hole like nobody's business. Looks like you have it dialed in pretty good

RC Competitor
    It sure has a lot of torque! It takes out of the hole like nobody's business. Looks like you have it dialed in pretty good
    Yes Iím happy with it

With the 17mm conversion and GRP slicks (Picture has different wheels/tires) the speed is about the same as before. Adding cooling to ESC and motor to enjoy it for a while in its current form.

Yes I’m happy with it

With the 17mm conversion and GRP slicks (Picture has different wheels/tires) the speed is about the same as before. Adding cooling to ESC and motor to enjoy it for a while in its current form.

It looks amazing! I really like the looks of the on-road body. If you are going to install fans, let me recommend Yeah Racing.

RC Competitor
    It looks amazing! I really like the looks of the on-road body. If you are going to install fans, let me recommend Yeah Racing.
    Thank you!! The good part is that itís a quick change back to truck form.

I actually saw your post about yeah racing fans on another thread. I have a tornado plus on the ESC and have 2 tornados coming for the motor. I like having a mesh covering to keep debris out, which substantially increases heat, so might upgrade all to the tornado plus and cut holes in the body to help airflow.

The reason I haven't been here as much is because I had a near death experience that had me in the hospital for a week. I thought I died but it was not my time.

I have been recovering for a week or so and decided it was time to freshen the newest Ultimate up a little. A new Raptor body, a new set of Bandito sc-m c2 tires and clean the chassis! We are doing virtual learning at school, what better place to do a photo shoot

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hi Wallace-

I noticed that you weren't here much recently and was going to PM you and ask if all was fine with you and your family. I am glad that you are feeling better now.

Your rig is looking good as well!

Keep up the good work!

Hi Wallace-

I noticed that you weren't here much recently and was going to PM you and ask if all was fine with you and your family. I am glad that you are feeling better now.

Your rig is looking good as well!

Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! It was really rough for awhile! I had a horrible infection that spread through me. I couldn't see and hardly breathe. I thought I died. It wasn't my time.
    Thank you! I built a new XO-1 differential for my other Ultimate edition and freshend the new one. It is helping me get stronger. It also helps my memory and dexterity.

Hey El Sob....very glad you're doing ok!

And that Raptor looks sweet. I've always been a "Chevy" guy I guess, but I would buy a 1:1 Ford Raptor in a heartbeat if I had the coin. Might have to go the 1/10th route. Lot cheaper.

Thank you! It really made me appreciate the small things in life. I'm more of a Dodge HEMI, Silverado man. I have had a few C10 trucks. The Ford Raptor is the best looking body for the Slash 4x4 in my opinion.

I alsi noticed you wernt posting much. Were glad that your here and hopefully doing well. And we love your company

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    I alsi noticed you wernt posting much. Were glad that your here and hopefully doing well. And we love your company

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much! I love being here. It is my home away from home. A place where we can all sit back and enjoy the Slash 4x4 ♡

RC Enthusiast
    I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital. The hospital itself can kill ya quicker than anything sometimes! Are you all better now or still on the mend? If you're not don't push it 'till you're 100%, we need your knowledge and experience around here. How else would we know what motor to get without you ? And that Raptor body is waaaay cool! Rig is looking great!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHog View Post
    I'm glad to hear you're out of the hospital. The hospital itself can kill ya quicker than anything sometimes! Are you all better now or still on the mend? If you're not don't push it 'till you're 100%, we need your knowledge and experience around here. How else would we know what motor to get without you ? And that Raptor body is waaaay cool! Rig is looking great!
    We also need you as a person, Dont wanna lose a freindly person here.

8)

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
    "Speed and power solve many things"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHog View Post
    Thank you! Being in the hospital is almost like being in prison! After seven days, my spirit was bruised. You know what motor system that I will recommend

LargeCar1999 thank you very much! We have all worked hard to make and keep this as a comfortable friendly place. I'm doing my best to make myself get better. I will always keep trying

New video of the new SMC lipo I got for my Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Rig looks and sounds like it likes it!

Thank you! Now that I'm feeling better it's time to get back to business

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast