Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 361 to 400 of 416
  1. #361
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,455


    Nice runs! Nice video as well... but I miss seeing Violet. She has grown so much over the years of watching your videos!

    Keep it up!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  2. #362
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Violet is almost ten now! I got here all of the parts to convert her Slash 4x4 into the 2017 Raptor! We got the body and just looking for a good time to paint it
    Last edited by El Sob; 09-18-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  3. #363
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    I usually don't use this truck for speed runs. My other truck ( Truckie ) has been in need of parts. Parts that are sitting at home ready for me to tear things apart
    Last edited by El Sob; 09-18-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  4. #364
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Went to a secret location and filmed a video! It was my first time doing slow motion
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  5. #365
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Somewhere up North
    Posts
    45
    Cool vid Sob ! Love that Raptor body and talk about a great drift track. It was cool too cause you could hear exactly how you would get on and off the throttle with precision instead of just wot like some noobs do and then wonder how their car got broke.

  6. #366
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHog View Post
    Cool vid Sob ! Love that Raptor body and talk about a great drift track. It was cool too cause you could hear exactly how you would get on and off the throttle with precision instead of just wot like some noobs do and then wonder how their car got broke.
    Thank you! I'm happy that you found my video entertaining! I have posted the full speed version for comparison
    Last edited by El Sob; 09-24-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  7. #367
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Thank you! I'm happy that you found my video entertaining! I have posted the full speed version for comparison
    That is awesome, that swagger and stance

  8. #368
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    That is awesome, that swagger and stance
    Thank you! I put a lot of work into my trucks to get the stance and performance I almost demand of them
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  9. #369
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Well I can no longer call this truck my newest Ultimate edition. I got another Ultimate edition today! Here is a picture of them side by side. Looking forward to modifying the new truck

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  10. #370
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,455
    Nice! Your job/school must treat you well!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  11. #371
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Nice! Your job/school must treat you well!
    Actually I met an older gentleman that had the Ultimate edition and an X-Maxx. We told me he would trade for two chargers and lipos. So I made him a deal that we are both happy with
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  12. #372
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,455
    Good deal!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  13. #373
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    So here's a picture of what the brand new Ultimate looks like. I'm trying to decide what exactly I am going to do with it. It is pretty


    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  14. #374
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Somewhere up North
    Posts
    45
    If you can't decide, you could just give it to me! No, never mind. I don't have time to drive my own so that would just make me twice as frustrated. Nice score though, I love that color combo, sharp looking truck.

  15. #375
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Well, since this thread is about the other Ultimate edition I will try not to put too much about the newest Ultimate here. So I put Yeah Racing fans on the motor and esc. Aluminum heatsink for the motor, rubber grommet for the driveshaft, adjusted the springs and sway bars, correct the gear mesh, switched the left and right rear hub carriers and cleaned up the wires.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  16. #376
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Somewhere up North
    Posts
    45
    Sorry to be late to the party but what is the rubber grommet on the driveshaft for and where exactly do you put it? I've been reading this forum for a while ( back to page 701 so far) and must have missed that one.

  17. #377
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    2
    Hello guys, please help me. I bought a used Traxxas Slash 4X4 ultimate, but the prev. owner changed the controller and the receiver. Car works perfectly, but the TSM function is not on as default, it is hard to control the car while accelerating. As far as I know, the TSM function can not be switched on with the ESC multi function button, and I can not use the traxxas phone app either, as the controller is not original, and not bluetooth capable at all. The actual controller is 3 channel, but it seems that on channel 3 I can not adjust the TSM. (I have a brand new slash ulti as well, and as default, TSM is on channel 3).

    What can I do to switch ON the TSM on this great car?

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad english.

  18. #378
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    not in an ocean
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by kselmeci View Post
    Hello guys, please help me. I bought a used Traxxas Slash 4X4 ultimate, but the prev. owner changed the controller and the receiver. Car works perfectly, but the TSM function is not on as default, it is hard to control the car while accelerating. As far as I know, the TSM function can not be switched on with the ESC multi function button, and I can not use the traxxas phone app either, as the controller is not original, and not bluetooth capable at all. The actual controller is 3 channel, but it seems that on channel 3 I can not adjust the TSM. (I have a brand new slash ulti as well, and as default, TSM is on channel 3).

    What can I do to switch ON the TSM on this great car?

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad english.
    Your English is fine. You might want to make your own thread to ask any questions you have. Tsm is only on traxxas transmitters and receivers, it is not in the esc. What radio system is in it right now?

  19. #379
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    Your English is fine. You might want to make your own thread to ask any questions you have. Tsm is only on traxxas transmitters and receivers, it is not in the esc. What radio system is in it right now?
    It is an Ansmann W6 radio. Thank you for your help!

  20. #380
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHog View Post
    Sorry to be late to the party but what is the rubber grommet on the driveshaft for and where exactly do you put it? I've been reading this forum for a while ( back to page 701 so far) and must have missed that one.
    Please excuse me for answering your question late. The rubber grommet is for taking up the slack in the driveshaft. I have had the ends get stripped and this is a fix for that. It also enables the truck to run with less drive train noise. I put them on all of my trucks.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  21. #381
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Somewhere up North
    Posts
    45
    No prob Sob! After reading so much of this forum, that's one thing I've come to know and respect about you, you always follow through.

  22. #382
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Well, since this thread is about the other Ultimate edition I will try not to put too much about the newest Ultimate here. So I put Yeah Racing fans on the motor and esc. Aluminum heatsink for the motor, rubber grommet for the driveshaft, adjusted the springs and sway bars, correct the gear mesh, switched the left and right rear hub carriers and cleaned up the wires.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    [mention]El Sob [/mention] why do you switch the left and right rear hub carriers?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #383
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,455
    When you switch the rear aluminum rear hub carriers, it reduces your reat toe-in to -1.

    Have fun!

    Before:


    After:
    Last edited by Squeegie; 10-21-2020 at 01:01 AM.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  24. #384
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    41
    Thank you for replying, how does this improve performance?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #385
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,455
    Read pages 23-24 of the manual for your answers:

    https://m.traxxas.com/sites/default/...-OM-EN-R06.pdf

    “In general, increasing toe-in improves stability, while reducing toe-in may help “loosen up” the truck’s handling to improve corner speed, especially on high-grip tracks. Experiment to see what works best for your track and driving style.”
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  26. #386
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    41
    Tqvm understood now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #387
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by gaba View Post
    Tqvm understood now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These trucks are trial and error to find out what works best for you. I setup most of my trucks pretty much the same way. They all work extremely well and are very stable at speed. I need to write it down one day.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  28. #388
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Well I believe that I blew up my rear differential. In the next few days I will be posting pictures of what I find when I take it apart.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  29. #389
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    55
    I gotta ask. What happened?!
    ꜱʟᴀꜱʜ 4x4 ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴠxʟ

  30. #390
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    I was just doing some street runs on the street by my house. I started hearing a loud clicking sound. I picked the truck up and it acted like it had an open differential. I always put 500,000 weight in my rear differential so I knew something was wrong. I will try and take it apart today when I get home. Yes I am running XO-1 differentials.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  31. #391
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Somewhere up North
    Posts
    45
    Man, that sucks. Guess it just goes to show nothing is truly bullet proof. Cept Superman!

  32. #392
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    So I disassembled the differential at first I couldn't find anything wrong. But I had to take a closer look. I could see a little bit of wear on the gears. I could probably clean everything and refill it with more 500,000 weight fluid since there isn't a lot of damage it I decided to go ahead and order a new set of XO-1 gears. I run this truck hard so I want it in top shape!

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  33. #393
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    798
    Im not terribly surprised at what you found. Considering both diffs are held in place by two fairly flexible half housings sitting on plastic bulkheads, there is a bit of a flex that can wear out the ring gear teeth pretty quick if you do a lot of sudden deceleration and sudden accelerations.

  34. #394
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Im not terribly surprised at what you found. Considering both diffs are held in place by two fairly flexible half housings sitting on plastic bulkheads, there is a bit of a flex that can wear out the ring gear teeth pretty quick if you do a lot of sudden deceleration and sudden accelerations.
    Do you know of a solution to the problem? Is there an aluminum differential case I should use? The ring and pinion gears are fine. Its the spider gears that have wear.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  35. #395
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    98
    I think GPM makes them in aluminum with the option of 3 or 4 color choices.

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  36. #396
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,572
    Quote Originally Posted by radio uncontrol View Post
    I think GPM makes them in aluminum with the option of 3 or 4 color choices.

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Do you know anyone who has tried them? I know back in the day, a company made aluminum cases that would get oval-shaped after a few runs.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  37. #397
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    98
    I have a few trucks I run GPM shocks on and have never had an issue other than the o ring dry rotting from age.. I personally haven't used the GPM diff covers...
    A T6 aluminum would probably hold up fine but I haven't done any research to even see if those are available

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by radio uncontrol; 11-10-2020 at 11:37 AM.

  38. #398
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    98
    Here is a link to the GPM version..the description has some info regarding your concerns..also states it a T-6 alloy
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/GPM-Blue-Al....m46890.l49292

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  39. #399
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Do you know of a solution to the problem? Is there an aluminum differential case I should use? The ring and pinion gears are fine. Its the spider gears that have wear.
    An okay I misunderstood.

    You may recall this thread, it’s like the holy grail of slash diffs for me. Now the 6mm out drive is not feasible as far as I know as RPM no longer makes the 08137 hub, but I think someone mentioned in another thread that LEM is back in some capacity

    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-X-Duty-Users&

    Looking at how my tekno and proline cars are built, the obvious difference is the 1/8 based cars have THICK, but plastic, gearbox(I guess that’s what gpm calls it?) sitting on metal chassis bulkheads, whereas traxxas bulkheads are plastic and the diffs gearboxes are fairly thin. That’s my hypothesis that The spider gears get a lot more off axis stress when the outdrives move when under torque both from the gearbox flexing and the diff cup heating up and deforming. Here is the rub, if the gearbox and diff cups are metal, I think the spider gears will survive longer but when it fails, it will be more catastrophic than in a plastic diff cup and flexible housings. There is no free lunch.

    I think in the long run a quality metal diff cup like LEM is the most critical upgrade. I would leave the gearbox and bulkheads stock to leave some “give”, but a more durable diff cup that can absorb more heat seems logical for higher stress set ups. Heck even tekno acknowledged their fairly durable diff cups are okay for 4s but made metal cups for people who want to run 6s in their mt410 or et48.x models, not to mention M2C. The metal cups won’t seal against the ring gear as well as plastic cups so you may have to refill the diff fluid more often, again, no free lunch. :/
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 11-10-2020 at 12:44 PM.

  40. #400
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    98
    GPM offers those as well.. can't imagine they would flex more than the plastic



    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •