Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffucd View Post
    [mention]El Sob [/mention] this looks great! Just wondering why you prefer the 2400kv over the 2650kv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To answer your question, in feburary 2011 I was given a Mamba Max Pro and 2400 motor combination. It was an extremely reliable motor system. You could gear it for good speed and power. I ran it mostly on 4s. I bought the first generation Ultimate edition which was a HCG chassis. I had another Mamba Max Pro esc. So I brought another 2400 motor when I felt the need to replace the stock motor system. In December 2013 I bought my first LCG chassis Ultimate edition! March 10th 2014 I received my first ET-3S and ET-2400KV motor system for less than $100.00! So that in a nutshell is the beginnings of my love affair with the 2400kv motor ♡
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    was geared 36t spur 21t pinion mod1 with weight on the front of the truck with stock slash wheels amd tires . only good for speed runs though .

sorry just checked the gearing now and it's 20 8 pinion with a 36t spur . . .
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-13-2020 at 10:34 PM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by More power View Post

Oh is that what el sob was running getting those wheelies?

RC poster
    no . I'm going for top end speed . his gearing will be more realistic for every day running

RC Enthusiast
    no . I'm going for top end speed . his gearing will be more realistic for every day running

Ok ok that make sense. I just find it hard to believe he was wheelieing like that with 19/54. I have the exact same setup as him and donít get me wrong it rips! But wonít wheelie on command like that lol

How tight is your slipper set?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    To answer your question, in feburary 2011 I was given a Mamba Max Pro and 2400 motor combination. It was an extremely reliable motor system. You could gear it for good speed and power. I ran it mostly on 4s. I bought the first generation Ultimate edition which was a HCG chassis. I had another Mamba Max Pro esc. So I brought another 2400 motor when I felt the need to replace the stock motor system. In December 2013 I bought my first LCG chassis Ultimate edition! March 10th 2014 I received my first ET-3S and ET-2400KV motor system for less than $100.00! So that in a nutshell is the beginnings of my love affair with the 2400kv motor ♡
    Now I know the story! Very cool and appreciate your sharing. Iím on my first system thanks to your input and look forward to many fun years to come!

Cool thanks for checking. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    How tight is your slipper set?
    Slipper was set 1/2 turn loose from full tight. Car wouldnít do wheelies on 4S.

Last edited by cooleocool; 04-13-2020 at 10:35 PM. Reason: merge

Slipper was set 1/2 turn loose from full tight. Car wouldn’t do wheelies on 4S.

I don't set my slipper clutch by turns. I remove the clutch from the chassis and tighten it in my hand. I get it to where it will turn with pressure but not locked.
    For everyone who is curious about my gears. I'm running 19/54! Runs really well.

RC Competitor
    I don't set my slipper clutch by turns. I remove the clutch from the chassis and tighten it in my hand. I get it to where it will turn with pressure but not locked.
    For everyone who is curious about my gears. I'm running 19/54! Runs really well.
    Thanks, Iíll try your method if this doesnít work out. So far so good though.

Thanks, I’ll try your method if this doesn’t work out. So far so good though.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. You may be inundated with knowledge but ultimately it is you who has to find what works best for your liking

RC Enthusiast
    Hello EL sob an everyone. I been following this thread an I ordered the t maxx brake pad for my revo slipper. Installed it even scuffed up the plate an ran the slash. But it isnt very fast an acceleration is slow. I adjusted the slipper an found out it even slips fully locked. After I ran it put the temp gun on the slipper an it was 138 degrees my motor was 115. So the slipper is probably burning up. Just wondering if maybe could think of any ideas. Maybe just need a slipper rebuild kit, but i didn't think id need one with this slipper pad.

Ok... I decided to take a look at the slipper again. An I discovered the problem, part that holds the spur gear an the slipper pads. Cracked... broke! Just held together by the screws. Ill have to order another one. In the mean time I'll just use the old stock slipper.. i should have looked more before I asked lol. Stay safe an healthy!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-16-2020 at 01:24 AM. Reason: merge

I believe I know exactly what you are talking about! I had a broken part on my slipper and didn't realize it. When you get the new part, inspect it to make sure it's ready to go

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    [mention]El Sob [/mention] off topic question - Iím looking to get a set of mounted Duratrax Bandito SC2 2.8 tires and was wondering did you get the front, rear, or 1/2Ē offset for your slash? Iím running a proline lift kit and currently have Bandlands MX28 but am running pavement more lately

[mention]El Sob [/mention] off topic question - I’m looking to get a set of mounted Duratrax Bandito SC2 2.8 tires and was wondering did you get the front, rear, or 1/2” offset for your slash? I’m running a proline lift kit and currently have Bandlands MX28 but am running pavement more lately

To be honest with you, I have only used 2.2/3.0 Bandito tires. I can be of any assistance with the 2.8 size tires.

RC Competitor
    To be honest with you, I have only used 2.2/3.0 Bandito tires. I can be of any assistance with the 2.8 size tires.
    Got it. Appreciate the honesty. Iíll just give one of them a shot and see how it goes!

Today was a nice day. So I had my beautiful baby girl take a video of my Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Competitor
    Today was a nice day. So I had my beautiful baby girl take a video of my Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Very nice!

RC poster
    Hey El Sob! Been reading your posts, for a couple years actually, though this is my first forum comment. If I have it correct, you are running 500k diff fluid in the rear, hand-tightened slipper, 19/54 gearing, 4s, and the El Sob combo in your ride. I'd like my Slash 4x4 to wheelie on demand like that! Doing about the same as you--hitting parking lots and keeping my ride clean! What diff fluid weight are you running in the front? How do you have your suspension set up (springs, positions, wt oil)? Any other tips for power on demand like that? Does adjusting the punch setting on the esc help? I'm running 2.8 belted Trenchers, and I've got some 2.8 belted Banditos on the way. Running a HW Max8 with 2600kv combo on 4s. I've got all the necessary drivetrain upgrades to handle whatever I need to throw at it.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

Well first off let me correct you on one thing. In my two newest videos I am running 3s, not 4s. I am running the El Sob special 2.0 motor system, the stock 30,000 fluid in the front and 500,000 in the rear 19/54 gears on 3s, hand tightened slipper. My springs are where it gets a little complicated. I habd stretch my springs. Next time I do it, I will measure the exact length. I can eyeball it but would be unable to tell someone else how far to stretch them to. I use the stock weight oil in the shocks. Tires are Bandito SC-M C2 compound tires on aluminum rims. I hope that helps!

Jeffucd, thank you very much! This build has taken awhile to get here but it was worth the effort

RC poster
    Ahhh, I see! That thing is a beast! I appreciate the response! I just swapped in 18/54 and swapped springs from Losi to VG and went wider on shock mounting holes to help with traction roll. I'm going to give it shot at stretching springs. Losi's are too stiff for pavement turning and VG's are still a tad too soft for full suspension return with a 4s batt and 1/8 system. I did tighten my HR SD slipper down tight to get the wheelie on demand factor, but don't want to blow my drivetrain. My next move is loosening the slipper back up and putting some 500k diff fluid in the rear. I like that better. Thank you! Not that wheelies are the main thing, but it's nice to have the wheelie in my back pocket whenever I feel like it!

Quote Originally Posted by ScRue58 View Post
    Ahhh, I see! That thing is a beast! I appreciate the response! I just swapped in 18/54 and swapped springs from Losi to VG and went wider on shock mounting holes to help with traction roll. I'm going to give it shot at stretching springs. Losi's are too stiff for pavement turning and VG's are still a tad too soft for full suspension return with a 4s batt and 1/8 system. I did tighten my HR SD slipper down tight to get the wheelie on demand factor, but don't want to blow my drivetrain. My next move is loosening the slipper back up and putting some 500k diff fluid in the rear. I like that better. Thank you! Not that wheelies are the main thing, but it's nice to have the wheelie in my back pocket whenever I feel like it!
    The good thing about this thread is that 98% of everything done to my truck is here! It may be a read but the information can be found. The slipper clutch that I have is special. I recommend it to you if you are curious. I bought a Rustler 4x4 slipper clutch and put a T-Maxx brake disk in for pads.

The good thing about this thread is that 98% of everything done to my truck is here! It may be a read but the information can be found. The slipper clutch that I have is special. I recommend it to you if you are curious. I bought a Rustler 4x4 slipper clutch and put a T-Maxx brake disk in for pads.
    Pretty sure I'm using a t-maxx brake disk in my big block revo for a slipper pad. lol! Even with the LRP28 in it, it has nothing on a decent brushless system, but it did make it easier to adjust and forget. I only did it because one of my pads crumbled and I didn't want to wait, so I looked around to see what I had on hand that would make for a "slipper pad" and that's what I ended up with. Was one of the older ones: TRA4964
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Now THAT'S unique...lol. But, if it works, it works, and that's what matters. Well, that, and that we all share this kind of info with each other, to help others, which is another reason why I enjoy this hobby so much.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Here is a small update of the new Ultimate edition. I have decided to put a heatsink with a fan on it. I always run one, they are cheap insurance. I got to test it out on a 85į day. I was driving the wheels off her watching the Blue Angels do a fly over. I had the attention of everyone in the crowd! One gentleman said, " Just happened to be watching an R/C truck show when the Blue Angels happened to fly over Of course, I have pictures of the heatsink and fan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Great ingenuity on the slipper El Sob! I decided to roll with 200k diff fluid for now. Haven't really pushed it yet, as I spent some time isolating a "clicking" sound that appeared. Turns out it was the driveshaft cover that I shaved to make room for the larger motor Going to put the pedal to the metal this afternoon.

Great ingenuity on the slipper El Sob! I decided to roll with 200k diff fluid for now. Haven't really pushed it yet, as I spent some time isolating a "clicking" sound that appeared. Turns out it was the driveshaft cover that I shaved to make room for the larger motor Going to put the pedal to the metal this afternoon.
    You might as well! I took my truck out for a spin! It never gets old! Fast as all get out and pop wheelies whenever I want to

RC poster
    Well had to do a ton at the school today, didn't get out, and then took my son to soccer practice. Ran her about 20 minutes, and she's definitely getting dialed in to be a speedy monster! Went easy on the throttle today, lol. I'll put her through some paces tomorrow!

Well had to do a ton at the school today, didn't get out, and then took my son to soccer practice. Ran her about 20 minutes, and she's definitely getting dialed in to be a speedy monster! Went easy on the throttle today, lol. I'll put her through some paces tomorrow!
    I'm happy you were able to get her out and re-round the tires That is what it's all about! Once you get her where you want you'll really enjoy driving her

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678