Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thank you, my friends! I always bring my R/C bag to work with me. If was a quick fix. The school police officer thanked me for looking out for the children! Last night I tore it down and put new bearings in the motor, did the motor bearing mod and gave it a good cleaning! I have another part coming in the mail. I have pictures but my Tapatalk is not working now. The addiction is real.

Lektro, that makes sense! I have not bought them yet.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Tapatalk is working now! So I can add those pictures that I tried to earlier. The first two pictures are of the cleaning I did. The third is pulling the motor to replace the bearings and put on the motor mod. Last picture shows some dirt around the motor area and the mod doing it's job

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I went to my old High School with a friend to run trucks! I brought the new Ultimate edition with me. This was a lot of fun! Of course I have a video

Well I got my last part in. I have had great success with these in the past so I thought I might as well get another. I also did a model to the rear adjuster bars. I have had a few tear loose from the shock tower so with my mod I don't have to worry about that anymore

Looks good... Let us know how those lock nuts do for you!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Well I got my last part in. I have had great success with these in the past so I thought I might as well get another. I also did a model to the rear adjuster bars. I have had a few tear loose from the shock tower so with my mod I don't have to worry about that anymore
    Looks good my friend; I think you get more use out of your Slash rig's then most of us, more then me for sure.
    Best of luck with those peertttyy CVD's.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Don't know if this is a dumb question or not but I am going to ask anyhow. That plug in the motor mount. Is that for telemetry or what?
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    I'm pretty sure it is. ^^^

Thanks, I wonder if it senses the revolutions of the spur gear?
    Choose Life !!!

Yes, that sensor reads the revolutions a magnet makes that is mounted to the spur:

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/telemetry/6538
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

To be honest with you, I never really thought about what the plastic piece is. I know I don't run any telemetry lines through it.
    Well I burned off those original tires that came on the truck. It got to the point where it wasn't as much fun to drive. So I took the tires that I painted the letters on and mounted them up!

Looks good mate. I like.

I have been helping a student with an RC truck he got free of Facebook. I'm not exactly what kind it is. It now has a Traxxas running gear! He is a happy kid

As a small review, I have been running my new Ultimate edition for at least an hour a day five days a week since I got it! I will say this, everything is working great! The CV axles are doing their job. When I hit the pole it didn't affect them at all. All four axles are still straight as an arrow! The Hot Racing steering, XO-1 differential, Proline-Racing body posts, the Yeah Racing fans on the motor and esc, the battery tray expander, motor mod, the two nuts holding the rear links, the King Headz motor mount and the Traxxas CV axles are still as good as the day they were installed! See, I told you I'd keep mostly stock

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    See, I told you I'd keep mostly stock

So in keeping with the mostly stock theme of the Ultimate edition I decided to change things up a little bit.

Today I had a student who went over and above what he was expected to do! Guess what his reward was

RC Racer
    That's so cool! What an everlasting impression you're making on them. Your students WILL be talking about you when the gather with their friends and chat about the "old days". Great job! Feel proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Workingstiff View Post
    That's so cool! What an everlasting impression you're making on them. Your students WILL be talking about you when the gather with their friends and chat about the "old days". Great job! Feel proud!
    I appreciate you saying that! I hadn't thought of the lasting impression. I have a few teachers who did special things for me when I was in school that I still remember. Hopefully you are right when you say they will always remember the teacher who let us drive the R/C truck

Ok, so I don't want to start a separate thread but I have a question. What are the benefits of the Revo slipper clutch compared to the stock slipper clutch? I bought a fully assembled Revo slipper clutch that is brand new for less than $10.00. Trying to decide what to do with it

RC Qualifier
    The revo slipper clutch is only needed when you use a big -full of torque 4s+ motor. It’s more durable and doesn’t blow out as fast as the stock one when it slips. I just finished reading this awesome thread and can conclude you’re not having any problems with the stock one, no point in upgrading! Of course it wouldn’t hurt to throw it in

Ok, my next question is how to properly adjust the slipper clutch? The clutch was rather loose. Do I leave it loose or do I tighten it like a regular clutch? I also noticed that the Revo slipper clutch has aluminum pads. Will I notice a huge difference in the way it runs?

RC Qualifier
    The aluminum pads will just take longer to wear out. They both do the same thing, slip when thereís too much power. For the setting thatís a good question. Personally I tightened mine completely to the floor (which I do not recommend) most say tighten it fully and then go back 1/4-1/2 of a turn. If you tighten it fully you will need MIP shafts. Anything below full tightened most normal metal shafts will be fine, like your constant velocity ones. But judging you have possibly not the most experienced drivers using the car, Iíd make sure you go more of the fully tightened and back a half turn kind of approach. Itís better on the drivetrain that way if they floor it from a stop it doesnít do damage. Itís mostly a tuning thing, if itís too loose, tighten it. If the car is wheelieing too much when you gas it fully, loosen it.
    Last edited by Peeeenuuutt; 11-08-2018 at 11:10 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I know that wording was horrible but I hope it made sense. You only need xo-1 diffs and MIP shafts if it’s fully tightened, so the Traxxas metal driveshafts were a good option as you will not be fully tightening it.

So it sounds like how you adjust the slipper on the Slash 4x4. I'm a little hesitant to tighten it too much. I'm not wanting the students to get crazy with the throttle. Plus, the Traxxas CV axles have been doing their job flawlessly! I would hate to hinder that Thank you for all you help. I'm open to more of your suggestions.

RC Qualifier
    No problem man. Bash on, a good thing you’re doing! *this guy is using his rc cars to teach students meanwhile I’m using my rc cars to break 50mph with a brushed motor* talk about useful and useless people lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    No problem man. Bash on, a good thing you’re doing! *this guy is using his rc cars to teach students meanwhile I’m using my rc cars to break 50mph with a brushed motor* talk about useful and useless people lol!
    Maybe you are right, I am useless Lol As long as we get enjoyment from these trucks, it is worth while

Maybe you are right, I am useless Lol As long as we get enjoyment from these trucks, it is worth while
    I think he means you are the useful one and he's useless.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Trentbaby65 View Post
    I think he means you are the useful one and he's useless.
    I did mean that. You’re applying your skills to help kids I’m making useless advancements for my own enjoyment. Lol. I’d never call you useless bro!

What are the benefits of the Revo slipper clutch compared to the stock slipper clutch?
    I had a recurring issue where the smaller stock plate was bending, which then caused the pads to not make good contact and slip more, sometimes even melting the spur. Part of this, I'm sure, is that I prefer my slipper very tight. I'm fairly conservative with the throttle, and I'm also the only one who uses my main vehicle, so I can get away with a slipper that is almost completely tightened down and don't really feel like I need anything more than my finger to limit the throttle input. I enjoyed 4S on my old 2400kv 1415 before the shaft broke and also now on my new 2200kv 1515. I don't have the bending problem anymore after upgrading to the revo slipper. I've considered using a slipper eliminator instead but even fully tightened down the slipper WILL still slip in many cases with excessive torque and of course in that case I'd still rather have that slip than something else break.

Pics of my old bent stock slipper plate (not sure why I still have it in my parts bag lol):

It has been quite a while since I have added to this thread. So I really like the look of the new Ultimate edition Slash 4x4. I had been really thinking of getting one but now i'm not so sure. I did get a set of the wheels to put on my new Ultimate edition. Had to paint the letter walls

RC Qualifier
    It has been quite a while since I have added to this thread. So I really like the look of the new Ultimate edition Slash 4x4. I had been really thinking of getting one but now i'm not so sure. I did get a set of the wheels to put on my new Ultimate edition. Had to paint the letter walls

Pure beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, my next question is how to properly adjust the slipper clutch? The clutch was rather loose. Do I leave it loose or do I tighten it like a regular clutch? I also noticed that the Revo slipper clutch has aluminum pads. Will I notice a huge difference in the way it runs?
    I'm not that familiar with the Revo slipper mod on the Slash, but the Revo slipper I am very familiar with. It comes with two spring washers that look like this: () and you don't want to collapse them. On my Revo I tighten the nut to the point that it takes a bit of effort and indents in my thumb before it will slip. However, this is on a nitro Revo with a .21TM engine which does not have the low-end punch of a brushless system but still will put the truck on its wing or do backflips off a tree trunk. You could install a forgotten mod that many nitro owners (myself included) did years ago: get a T-Maxx brake disc and with very little rounding of the hex it will fit onto the plate and give you 360į contact and you won't lose a pad if the slipper is too loose.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-28-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the Revo slipper mod on the Slash, but the Revo slipper I am very familiar with. It comes with two spring washers that look like this: () and you don't want to collapse them. On my Revo I tighten the nut to the point that it takes a bit of effort and indents in my thumb before it will slip. However, this is on a nitro Revo with a .21TM engine which does not have the low-end punch of a brushless system but still will put the truck on its wing or do backflips off a tree trunk. You could install a forgotten mod that many nitro owners (myself included) did years ago: get a T-Maxx brake disc and with very little rounding of the hex it will fit onto the plate and give you 360į contact and you won't lose a pad if the slipper is too loose.
    Sounds good! The T-Maxx brake mod will fit into a Slash 4x4? Right now I am running the stock motor system. I know me, sooner or later I will put a sensored El Sob special motor system in her. I'm wanting to try different things with this truck. So I am very open to your suggestions

The brake disc is a little thicker than the pads but is the same diameter as the nitro Revo slipper system. I'll assume the nitro and E-Revo (1.0) share the same slipper. I believe the 2.0 has a cush-drive system.

Edit: checked the exploded views of each and 5351 is the same.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-28-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    The Super Derecho

Nice! So the disk brake fits in the Revo slipper assembly? If so, that seems like it would hold up extremely well

Nice! So the disk brake fits in the Revo slipper assembly? If so, that seems like it would hold up extremely well
    It certainly does in Slashes and E-Revos.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

Ok, does anyone know the part number for the T-Maxx disc brake? I might as well give it a try. It has a stock motor in it now. When I put the sensored El Sob special motor system in her she will be ready to go

Yes. I posted the link yesterday.
    The Super Derecho

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast