Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    You may have to take a drill to it to open up the mounting holes on the pad just a little to get the pins to fit...
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Do you happen to know what size bit I will need to make the holes a little bit bigger?
    Last edited by El Sob; 11-30-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Yes. I posted the link yesterday.
    Oops! Now I see it. It is less than $3 00! I just bought one. I will show the forum how it goes together.

If I remember I'll take a picture of mine tonight. It's as simple as removing the three pads and replacing it with the brake disc.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If I remember I'll take a picture of mine tonight. It's as simple as removing the three pads and replacing it with the brake disc.
    I definitely want to see a picture of this.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    You may have to take a drill to it to open up the mounting holes on the pad just a little to get the pins to fit...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Do you happen to know what size bit I will need to make the holes a little bit bigger?
    A few strokes with a very small rat tail file is all that is required. You could probably giter done with an X-acto blade too. You dont have to do every hole, just every other pair. So, two on, two off. I do them all anyway.
    You only need to widen the holes in the disc on their outer edge. Drilling larger holes introduces slightly more slop, hence my suggestion of the file.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    A few strokes with a very small rat tail file is all that is required. You could probably git’er done with an X-acto blade too. You don’t have to do every hole, just every other pair. So, two on, two off. I do them all anyway.
    You only need to widen the holes in the disc on their outer edge. Drilling larger holes introduces slightly more slop, hence my suggestion of the file.
    Sounds good! As soon as I get the part I will get to work. I believe that I may have a small file. If not they can't be too expensive. I'm a little excited about it. This build is difinately different.

A few strokes with a very small rat tail file is all that is required. You could probably git’er done with an X-acto blade too. You don’t have to do every hole, just every other pair. So, two on, two off. I do them all anyway.
    ^What ksb51rl said.

I actually used a drill bit because I had one that fit perfectly. I don't remember which one I used, but it barely took off any material.

Good luck and have fun!

As promised...

Top photo shows the hex gone. Guess I grinded more out than I remember. Second shows it fitting on the pressure plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 11-30-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    So does this actually replace the slipper pads, and this acts like one big pad?

Yes, you can see the plate outline in the top picture. This way it provides more surface area to the slipper. I've had it this way for years and only need to occasionally remove glazing.

When I first did this I assumed the holes would line right up. They did for the most part but needed a little opening here and there. I don't have a file but used a drill bit to remove only what was in the way so as to not introduce slop.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-30-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    The Super Derecho

So you have been using that same part for years and that is all that it has worn? Wow! That is pretty good.

I have some new parts!!! Since everyone has been talking about the new a arms, I decided to pick up a set. I will say that they do have some give to them. Nowhere near as much as their RPM counterparts. They look to be a quality part. I should have them installed before Monday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I have some new parts!!! Since everyone has been talking about the new a arms, I decided to pick up a set. I will say that they do have some give to them. Nowhere near as much as their RPM counterparts. They look to be a quality part. I should have them installed before Monday.

Are those Stockers?

Quote Originally Posted by Workingstiff View Post
    Are those Stockers?
    Those a arms come stock on the new Ultimate edition Slash 4x4 and the new Rustler 4x4. They have a nice feel to them

It has been awhile since I have posted any pictures of the Traxxas CV axles. So here you are! I got pretty close so that you can get a good idea of their condition. I also took some pictures of the Hot Racing steering bellcranks. They are also doing the job well! Still absolutely no slop

RC Qualifier
    Awesome! I've had the same Traxxas CV axles on my truck for the Last 5 Years and the only thing I've replaced are the little rubber boots once. I've had absolutely zero problems with them.

If I recall correctly (my memory isn't what it once was) I used a drill bit but the amount needed removing was nothing a file couldn't have handled.
    I was doing the mod with a HR Double Up; having more then six pegs made enlarging a few more (I did them all as well) holes necessary.
    I originally did it while waiting for six aluminum pads to arrive, that was about 3 years ago; the aluminum pads are still sitting in the bags.
    Definitely a worth wild mod.
    [IMG] by , on Flickr[/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

I got the parts in the mail today!!! It was pretty straightforward. I see what everyone says when they say the holes are close but need to be enlarged. So I used the 2.5mm wrench to make the holes bigger. Then I used a needle nose plier arm to finish it. I have to do some adjustments but it looks good! Of course I have pictures

I got the parts in the mail today!!! It was pretty straightforward. I see what everyone says when they say the holes are close but need to be enlarged. So I used the 2.5mm wrench to make the holes bigger. Then I used a needle nose plier arm to finish it. I have to do some adjustments but it looks good!
    Looks good my friend; you can let that unit slip a bit more to aleve more drive line stress without worrying about it burning up.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

So I did a little work to the New Ultimate edition! I put the slipper clutch in! Things are a little tight but the more I roll the truck around the more they seem to loosen up. Pictures? Of course

Took her to work as usual today. Man! That slipper clutch difinately changes the performance of the truck. I think I may need to loosen it up some. I had absolutely no problem breaking all four tires loose and getting sideways at about half throttle! I was right when I said things should loosen up after I run it. As a precaution, I put some more grease on the ring and pinion gear on the differential. Overall I am pleased with the new slipper clutch. I'm going to play with the adjustment some and see what I can do. The Traxxas CV axles had no problem accommodating the additional power being put through them. I just know that sooner or later I will be putting in an after market motor system. She is beefed up to handle it

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed. I'm moving to Indianapolis at the end of the month. So my time is short here. So I did find the time to install two of the new a arms on the rear of the truck! So far I haven't noticed any flex in the arms from sitting. They are difinately softer than the others but they have a good feel to them. I will try and install the fronts soon. I have lots of packing to do. I will say, they look good and do the job

]
    Last edited by El Sob; 12-15-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Wow... Indianapolis! What is your new screen name going to be?

Good luck with the move and hope all works out for you and your family.

Good luck with the move and hope all works out for you and your family.
    Thank you, my friend! We were able to get a three bedroom, three bedroom home with a loft, hot tub and a pond built in 1999 for less than $200,000! I will still be strong on the forum. Just a change of location. My name will remain the same. El Sobrante is where I was raised

RC Qualifier
    El Indy

RC Racer
    Hopefully good things are the reasons for the move

Quote Originally Posted by Workingstiff View Post
    Hopefully good things are the reasons for the move
    It is a good thing. My wife and I have been waiting to buy a house forever. The prices in California are unreal!!! So we were able to buy a three bedroom, three bathroom house with a loft, hot tub and pond and forrest in Indianapolis in a great neighborhood, built in 1999 for $163,000!!! We already have employment in Indianapolis so we just have to pack out stuff and move. I now see how many Slash 4x4 parts I really have!!!

RC poster
    It is a good thing. My wife and I have been waiting to buy a house forever. The prices in California are unreal!!! So we were able to buy a three bedroom, three bathroom house with a loft, hot tub and pond and forrest in Indianapolis in a great neighborhood, built in 1999 for $163,000!!! We already have employment in Indianapolis so we just have to pack out stuff and move. I now see how many Slash 4x4 parts I really have!!!
    Congratulations on the new house!
    By the way, thats a good price! over here you can't find a 3 bedroom house below $200k in any city here.
    If its in the center of the country, thats minimum of $400k for 3 bedroom house of that age.

RC Qualifier
    That’s crazy man! I hope to make it one day. I am curious to see what system you’ll be putting into your ultimate!

Good luck in IN, housing prices are definitely out of control in the bay area.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Thank you everyone! This move is a good thing. I have been wanting to own a house for a long time. The price of homes in California is ridiculous! For a comparable house to what I own would be at least $700,000 to $2,000,000! I'm looking forward to having a yard to run my trucks in. I can see me spending a lot of time on my deck doing maintenance to them in the summertime. It is in a quiet neighborhood so I can run it up and down the street without too much worry

Well I found out why there was a grinding sound. Come to find out that the shaft was all the way into the pinion gear so it was pushing harder on the ring gear on the differential. It has gotten better the more that I drive it but I make sure to lubricate the ring gear often!

So as many of you know, I recently moved to Indianapolis. So I decided to take the newest Ultimate edition to class with me and see what kind of response I would get from the students here. Unfortunately the day I brought the truck with me it was 2 outside so we didn't have recess but the kids enjoyed the truck running on my classroom floor

So as many of you know, I recently moved to Indianapolis. So I decided to take the newest Ultimate edition to class with me and see what kind of response I would get from the students here. Unfortunately the day I brought the truck with me it was 2 outside so we didn't have recess but the kids enjoyed the truck running on my classroom floor
    If you can incorporate your RCs into a "learning experience", I might suggest approaching the principal about taking the class (and RC) into the cafeteria, gym, etc. I'm other words, any large, open, indoor room. If your can turn it into a "learning experience", the principal is far more likely to approve such a request.

Heck, you might even find other teachers wanting to use you (in a good way, of course) for helping their classes. Just imagine where things might lead to from there.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

I have been trying to come up with a lesson plan that would be of use to the students and rc. If I can get it together it will be a lot of fun for everyone!

I have been trying to come up with a lesson plan that would be of use to the students and rc. If I can get it together it will be a lot of fun for everyone!
    I got it! Final drive ratios and roll out. Teach the mathematics and pose a question with spur/pinion, ring and pinion and tire diameters. Those who get the correct answer get to drive the truck!
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Funny that you should mention this, as me and my engineering teacher are trying to start an R/C club at my school. What grade levels are your students El Sob?

If I can make a project using a simple trebuchet, Im sure you can do that!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I got it! Final drive ratios and roll out. Teach the mathematics and pose a question with spur/pinion, ring and pinion and tire diameters. Those who get the correct answer get to drive the truck!
    Now, that, I like...I REALLY like.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast