Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Darn was hoping to find a single piece 2.8 rim of either stamped steel or aluminum. Not a huge fan of the SC style rim.

Not one piece (or cheap), but the only 2.8 metal wheels I can think of is from Motoworx Racing:
    http://motoworxracing.com/?product_t...eadlock-wheels
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

These are 2.2/3.0 rims! They are amazing with the Bandito tires! They hook up almost perfectly on my street! The wheels are so lightweight they feel like the plastic wheels. I have pictures of them on the truck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Might I ask what the usual El Sob special is for motor/esc?

Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post
    The O.G. El Sob special motor system was the ET-3S esc and 2400kv motor from the Traxxas Funny Car. The next generation was the Mamba Max Pro and 2400kv motor from Castle Creations. The El Sob special 2.0 is the Mamba X esc and the sensored 2400kv 5mm shaft motor from Castle Creations. If you were interested, I do have a Slash 4x4 trucks that are running each of the aforementioned motor systems

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    The O.G. El Sob special motor system was the ET-3S esc and 2400kv motor from the Traxxas Funny Car. The next generation was the Mamba Max Pro and 2400kv motor from Castle Creations. The El Sob special 2.0 is the Mamba X esc and the sensored 2400kv 5mm shaft motor from Castle Creations. If you were interested, I do have a Slash 4x4 trucks that are running each of the aforementioned motor systems
    I was going to send this in a PM so thanks for asking and thanks for responding. Now if only CC would get some motors built and in stock. Burned up a motor and melted one of the connectors on my factory esc so the truck is just sitting for now
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

I put the modified slipper clutch in on December the 8th and that was the last time I messed with it. So I decided that I would take it apart and see how it is doing. Of course I took pictures! I have pictures of the wear from driving and I also took comparison pictures of the new slipper next to the stock unit. The Duratrax Bandito's are wearing beautifully just like usual

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I looked around for the funny car motor and saw one used for $250 so I passed on that hahahahaha. I ended up with a mamba monster x and the castle 2650 setup, just put it in the truck last night. waiting on the esc plate to come in and the stampede receiver box to make room for the larger power plant in the truck. I bought the xo-1 diffs and tekno steel drive shafts so it's the same setup as my velineon truck, but I hope it's not going to be too much for the steel parts. hoping to have it running Tuesday if all the parts come in by then. How do you hold the esc in? I was debating on running a zip tie under the plate and maybe a little gorilla glue hot glue maybe?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
    I was going to send this in a PM so thanks for asking and thanks for responding. Now if only CC would get some motors built and in stock. Burned up a motor and melted one of the connectors on my factory esc so the truck is just sitting for now
    I managed to find a 2650 kv motor for $65 on ebay last week, got it in yesterday

RC Racer
    https://i.imgur.com/1e44dFl.jpg

Waiting on the front end and big bone center drive shaft parts to come in to finish beefing it up.

RC Racer
    I managed to find a 2650 kv motor for $65 on ebay last week, got it in yesterday
    WOW! That's a steal. With them being out of stock they could have probably sold it for more than new price.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Racer
    WOW! That's a steal. With them being out of stock they could have probably sold it for more than new price.

https://imgur.com/DaiPavA

RC Racer
    I saw those that are $309 and just can't bring myself to spend that when list is $293 and they normally sell for $240.
    I also wonder if they actually have them in stock.

I will be keeping an eye on them though.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

RC Racer
    @El Sob - Is the motor your run (2400Kv) a 1415 size?
    Will the 1512 size fit in a Slash?

I have found - Castle Creations Monster X 1/8 Brushless Combo w/1512 2650Kv Sensored Motor

I don't do high speed but mostly short track dirt/grass and some pavement so I was hoping this one would be good. I imagine I'll have to step up to 3s since I am going down in Kv but that can happen eventually.,
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

@El Sob - Is the motor your run (2400Kv) a 1415 size?
    Will the 1512 size fit in a Slash?

I have found - Castle Creations Monster X 1/8 Brushless Combo w/1512 2650Kv Sensored Motor

I don't do high speed but mostly short track dirt/grass and some pavement so I was hoping this one would be good. I imagine I'll have to step up to 3s since I am going down in Kv but that can happen eventually.,
    It is pretty much a direct fit. In some cases you may have to shave down a little plastic from the chassis.

RC Racer
    Thanks! I think I am going to pull the trigger on it. I know you run the 2400Kv but what is your opinion on the 2650Kv? (I should have asked that in the previous post)

Thanks for all your help!
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

Thanks! I think I am going to pull the trigger on it. I know you run the 2400Kv but what is your opinion on the 2650Kv? (I should have asked that in the previous post)

Thanks for all your help!
    I think if I had to go with a different motor it would probably be the 2650kv motor. I just personally love how the 2400kv is perfect for the Slash 4x4.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info. I bought the 2650Kv. Hopefully it will get here tomorrow. I'm ready to have some fun again.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

Thanks for the info. I bought the 2650Kv. Hopefully it will get here tomorrow. I'm ready to have some fun again.
    Please let us know how you like the 2650 motor. Beware of some of the ones on Ebay. They are copies that are made in China.

RC Racer
    I will do! I actually got mine from A Main so it should be an original.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

I will do! I actually got mine from A Main so it should be an original.
    Good to hear! I just like to keep people informed about things pertaining to this hobby

The new Traxxas Maxx comes with a 2400kV motor!

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/maxx/
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I think I heard of someone doing a similar project about 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    The new Traxxas Maxx comes with a 2400kV motor!

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/maxx/
    I received an email about that yesterday. You sure know me! The first thing I thought was, it has a 5mm shaft 2400kv motor! It would be a perfect fit for the Slash 4x4 I don't see why they don't offer the same motor system for the Slash 4x4

I received an email about that yesterday. You sure know me! The first thing I thought was, it has a 5mm shaft 2400kv motor! It would be a perfect fit for the Slash 4x4 I don't see why they don't offer the same motor system for the Slash 4x4
    Chances are, the electronics package will be available soon enough, as "replacement parts". It might take a couple/few months...but, it'll be available.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

3670 2400kv motor is awesome for a 6-7 pound slash, how it will fare in 10lb MT I am very leery. That's a huge difference. That's eighth scale weight on a tenth scale motor pushing 4s. I really hope that fan is ground breaking in performance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456