RC poster

Question New to Traxxas, Just got an E-Revo 2.0 (Concerned about shock rod ends)

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to the hobby - last time I was into RC was back in early 2000's with a stock Tamiya TXT-1.

This is my first Traxxas RC and I've learned that the truck has problems in the rear suspension. (Also heard about servos burning out pretty quickly, but that's another topic)

I don't plan to do any insane jumps or extreme bashing with the truck. I plan to run it in grass and dirt fields and small jumps, emphasis on speed. Not really into backflips and stuff.

Do you guys think these parts would help avoid the "stripped rod end" problem? Thanks in advance!

- Aluminum Rod Ends - https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-rac...154m06/p649857

- Aluminum Shock Caps - https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=RVO156A06;c=699

- Traxxas Rear Chassis Brace - https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra5632/p357501

(I best most here are pretty familiar with the last one above)

Thanks again.

RC poster
    Sorry - just realized I didn't post this in the E-revo Brushless forum. Can any mods help me move the post? I can't seem to find any options to move or delete this post myself.

My first run I stripped a shock rod end, glued it back on and installed a rear chassis brace. Haven't had an issue since. A lot of people here run limit straps, I haven't found it necessary. The other two I have no experience with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Thanks for the tips. I've ordered the aluminum brace as well as RPM rod ends for the pushrods and toe links. Also ordered aluminum shock ends. I'll give all these a try. Also not interested in installing limiting straps, if it can be helped.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMcDougal View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I've ordered the aluminum brace as well as RPM rod ends for the pushrods and toe links. Also ordered aluminum shock ends. I'll give all these a try. Also not interested in installing limiting straps, if it can be helped.
    And how did the aluminum shock ends work for you?
    B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

RC Qualifier
    I dont think you need the shock caps, just the brace and the aluminium rod ends worked for me. Add some limiting strips too