RC Racer

How High Have You Flown Your Aton?

The other day I flew the Aton up to 400 feet where it automatically went into Return To Home mode. I was surprised how small the Aton looked at 400 feet. It looked no bigger than a speck in the sky! I saw on YouTube that guys have flown their expensive drones to 10,000 feet! I can't imagine going that high. How high have you taken your Aton?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, the "line of sight" ruling goes out the window quite quickly at times! I for one feel its a lot safer with the max altitude limits turned on as the Aton in sports mode can literally rocket up to those heights before you even realize it! So just the 400 foot mark for me but different matter with my other drone (wont mention names or brands here as this is a Traxxas site but it has three letters as a brand ....)
    Regards,
    Bill Randall
    Perth, Western Australia

RC poster
    I've had mine hit the ceiling (400') a few times as well when RTH kicks in. I have other quads relegated to camera duty so I see no reason to remove the default geo fence limitations since my Aton is for spirited sport flying. At 400' you can't see what you're doing anyway. Just as a mater of info, I have two new Atons that I purchased last week and both came loaded with the latest firmware (3.3.2.14). So far, so good, both fly flawlessly, Traxxas did good getting rid of the earlier firmware bugs.

RC poster
    I'd be scared that a strong wind above 400 would grab her and take her so far she cant get home. unlikely, but you never know.

RC Racer
    Guys, I forgot to mention in my original post: it's wise not to fly above 400 feet if you live near an airport! I have seen small single engine aircraft fly very low taking off and landing.

RC poster
    if you double the geofence to 1000 feet, does the ceiling increase as well?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
    if you double the geofence to 1000 feet, does the ceiling increase as well?
    According to Flight Link the Ceiling Limit stays at 400 feet unless you change to No Limit. The risk going to 1000 feet, and beyond, is you might lose your signal allowing the Aton to go rogue. You should check with Customer Support. I've read in the past some guys have modified the Transmitter antenna to increase range. Try a search.