RC Competitor

Transmission Noise

2x4 stampede that's pretty new is making a clicking noise coming from transmission.
    I've checked for debris and broken pieces and find nothing. just rolling the truck makes no noise. The motor isn't clicking I've ran it without it meshed. Only thin I can think is it's the diff?

Try holding one rear tire and spin the other. See if it makes noise. It should make noises whether or not you push it or run it if it was the transmission.
    Revo .18TM BL Rustler Stampede MERV HPI Sprint 2

RC Competitor
    Wehn i push it or hold 1 tire and roll the other only thing i hear is the engine winding

RC poster
    Check the teeth on the spur gear. Mine was clicking and it ended up being the teeth were flat. Also a small rock could be between the teeth. I’ve also put my pinion on and had the mesh incorrect to where the pinion set screw was poking up and rubbing the side of the spur before.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBurner View Post
    Wehn i push it or hold 1 tire and roll the other only thing i hear is the engine winding
    I suggest cleaning the motor and inspect all of your gear teeth. You should hear the same clicking whether you free roll it or run it under power.

This happens on my 2x4 stampede, too, but it only happens when I turn one wheel and let the other turn in the other direction. My stampede runs 3s in my brushless combo most of the time though, so the gears might be dying in there.

RC Competitor
    So it ended up just being the mesh. I noticed after tinkering around that a couple teeth were messed up on the spur gear. not flat just ripped up a little. So i need to replace it. But in the mean time thought hmm ... maybe its too loose? so i tightened the mesh and clickign got better but man u drove rough. so i went in between those 2 settings and BAM ! no more noise and great driving. I guess i need more practice with meshing those together, my REVO 3.3 meshs easier LOL

RC Qualifier
    How is it easier to mesh a nitro? LOL Not trying to bash nitro or anything, but I stripped like, 2 spurs on my T-maxx before even realizing how it meshes. And then you have to hold a heavy engine still, while turning the whole truck upside down... or is the Revo designed differently? I guess it could easily just be that I'm used to electric, and you might be used to nitro?

The pitch is larger for nitro which makes it easier (to me at least) to mesh 32p gears. I have to really get in there and watch what I'm doing when I'm meshing my 48p electrics.

RC Qualifier
    I have to really get in there and watch what I'm doing when I'm meshing my 48p electrics.
    Lol, that's how I feel about my T-maxx. It's hard to see what you are doing when the gears are covered by the engine. I'm pretty used to meshing 48p gears so I guess that makes it a lot easier. Of course you could always use the paper method if you need to.

RC Competitor
    with the revo you have 2 screws, 1 you can tighten almost all the way and the other u tighten to keep engine from moving. So i adjust the mesh and the tighten the screw and the recheck mesh. No need to flip the truck over.