RC Champion

A thought, LCG/HCG

see now this is a truck i have wanted since i owned the original Rustler (pic below for fun)

sadly years ago i sold all my trucks bar my Heavily modded T-maxx that i have had since i was around 13.

i bought the 4x4 slash a couple years back in an attempt to get bak into the hobby, however i made a mistake and bought the LCG version, this i am afraid ruined it for me.

so here is my thought, am i the only one that would prefer this with a HCG version of the chassis? i know it may be possible to convert etc.

I'm hoping that due to slightly larger tyre size the LCG may not annoy me as much as it did on the slash.
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

Out of curiosity, what annoyed you with the lcg? I ask because, I built a lcg slash 4x4 and a Frankenstein slash hcg 4x4. I'm curious as to your observations. Also, if it transfers over to 2wd vehicles? Again, I've built both hcg and lcg 2wd slash vehicles. I have opinions on both, just curious what yours are?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Champion
    I liked the handling but the areas i had available to me i found it got hung up a lot and i snapped a chassis or 3 by it bottoming out onto rocks etc. none of these things were an inherent issue with the design which is great, just not suited for what i wanted. Used to love the Rustler with the RWD, however its ground clearance was never great to be fair but big bouncy rubber solved that. my E-maxx was a great truck that met all my needs but went to pay for other hobbies a few years back as i lived somewhere where i had no where to use it and no car to get somewhere that i could.

never had a 2wd slash but i did love the control the 4wd slash had

I think a 4x4 Rustler could stand a good chance of getting me back into the hobby though

RC poster
    They make a chassis brace (steel rod) for the slash lcg which fixes the chassis
    Breaking issue the lcg has. Hopefully they make one for the rustler.

RC Champion
    its stops it from snapping due to do much flex, doesn't help so much with bottoming out onto pointy rocks, where as with the Maxx because it bottomed out not the skid plates onto the bulkheads it didn't take quite as much damage, and was a smaller impact area so less likelihood of nailing one.

RC Enthusiast
    I think the Rustler chassis should be fine, because it's shorter it won't flex as much (that said, I've never snapped my LCG Sl4sh chassis), but you could always just raise the suspension using spacers, and higher profile wheels. That's the easiest option.

I think if you truly want a "HCG" Rustler 4x4 you're better off buying a Stampede 4x4 and putting a Rustler body on it. I know there's more to this new truck than just that, but that's the second easiest option.
    From Melbourne, Australia.

RC Champion
    all valid options i would just like a HCG chassis option personally :P but does look like a **** nice truck, not that mine ever stayed stock for very long anyway :P

RC Competitor
    I mean, if you look at the 4x4 rustler chassis, it's basically just a lcg stampede chassis. It looks to have the exact same modular mounting points for the front & rear sections as a 4x4 slash/stampede. From the chassis pics, it looks to have the exact same diff, and steering setup as well.

The wheelbase is less than 1" longer than a 4x4 pede. It almost looks like they were designing a lcg 4x4 stampede to follow up the lcg 4x4 slash, but I'm sure that making it a brand new model......4x4 rustler, will sell a lot better than just putting a pickup body on it & calling it a lcg stampede.

But anyway, if you wanted a hcg version of this, just get a regular old 4x4 stampede. I mean it's pretty obvious that it's just a tweaked slash/stampede platform.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
    its stops it from snapping due to do much flex, doesn't help so much with bottoming out onto pointy rocks, where as with the Maxx because it bottomed out not the skid plates onto the bulkheads it didn't take quite as much damage, and was a smaller impact area so less likelihood of nailing one.
    Snapping on a slash 4x4 LCG chassis? I've never seen that happen before. I've only snapped a Slash 2WD HCG chassis from jumping it too high. I know the chassis flex on the LCG 4x4 sucks (I bent the center shaft and it destroyed my diffs) but I never thought of it as breakable. I guess I'm safe though, I invested in a chassis brace long before I started jumping the truck at the track.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Champion
    it wasn't easy, but they will go :P

I was a little rough on all my trucks. As i have said, I in no way think the LCG is a bad thing or a flaw, i just would prefer a HCG chassis.