Thread: revo rebuild

RC poster

revo rebuild

I have been out of the hobby for quite awhile. I'm rebuilding my revo to 3.3 specs, had short chassis, but hard to find any bodies I like. My question is about a new engine. I had a 3.3 with Picco carb and traxxas pipe with drilled stinger. Ran great. I have a Trinity pipe I will be using(NIB from years ago in my parts box). Go with another 3.3 with Losi carb or go with an O.S. 21TM. I just have fun around my yard,I don't race. What is everybody's opinion?

I really like my .21TM with THS pipe. Would I do the engine again if I had to? Probably but the $275 bill is a bit hard to swallow. 3.3 with Losi carb and Trinity pipe may be a screamer as well.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks Double G for the honest answer. Price is quite a bit. Could buy two 3.3's. Engines have come a long ways since the pro .15's and cast head 2.5's.

RC poster
    I went ahead and ordered a 21tm. I was leaning that way. On the short chassis the 3.3 with the old style 3.2 badlands geared 15/36 it would throw it around like a rag doll,wheelies on demand in first. What is a good starting point for gearing on longer chassis. Until I save up for the newer 3.8's hopefully they have less sidewall and foam movement.
    Not much activity on forums anymore,thats to bad. It was always interesting reading about what others where doing with their hobbies.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 09-10-2018 at 03:55 PM.

You'll be very happy with the O.S .21TM.
    Great little engine.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Not much activity on forums anymore,thats to bad. It was always interesting reading about what others where doing with their hobbies.
    I have noticed this too. Facebook groups have stepped in to fill the void. It is not as structured but you can still get good info and advice if you are in the right group. If you are interested, I can send you a link to the group I am in.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC poster
    Thank you chops. But unfortunately I don't have facebook.