RC poster

More robust servo?

Hi friends,

I keep murdering steering servos on my 1/16 Summit VXL.

I know the real solution is for me to be a better driver, but any suggestions on a more robust steering servo as well?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    I'm not sure how that even happens... I had one servo go on me, and that was my fault. the car flipped and landed on its side and I tried to turn the wheels so the servo stripped and actually overheated and literally blew up lol. Car wasn't damaged but it was really painful to see. I called traxxas, they replaced it for free, and that one has just now started to give me issues after 5 years, but it still works. Traxxas even sent ANOTHER spare one lol so I have a backup. Maybe just call them and ask them about it. how many servos have you gone through?

RC poster
    3 now. First two were due to cartwheeling (let my friends’ kids play with it without sufficient training), the summit is pretty top heavy and can wind it up almost too well.

The third one I think was for bringing a knife to a gun fight...playing hard in 1/8-1/10 scale mountain terrain at Lake Tahoe with a peppy little 1/16

RC Champion
    The plastic gears in the 2080 servo is very weak IMO.

I'm loving my Savox replacement.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Sav÷x SW-0250MG and Bluebird BMS-390DMH are both affordable upgrades which both are quite a bit more durable.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Rock and roll everybody - ordered the Savox. Appreciate the help for a new guy!

Quote Originally Posted by thekevmeister View Post
    Rock and roll everybody - ordered the Savox. Appreciate the help for a new guy!
    I never heard a bad thing about the Savox. Never had one myself, tho I think you made a good choice. Most important advantage is that it's waterproof. Hope your servo problems are gone from now on.
    Nobody is born with experience