Boats Are The Coolest

I think out of all the different RC vehicles a guy can have fun with, boats are the most coolest. What do you guys think?

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I think out of all the different RC vehicles a guy can have fun with, boats are the most coolest. What do you guys think?
    What I think: I don't mind chasing after my rc truck when it stops, but I'm not about to swim out for anything.

RC poster
    You can't beat it. I have had a few cars, just get tired of em, they don't deliver on the adrenaline-side of things, which for me is an important side of the hobby. I enjoy spending 95% of the time "working" on the boats, but when testing things out, i wan't that crazy adrenaline-rush which is hard to explain how you can achieve from a small rc-boat . I've done dragracing and motocross, i promise, my adrenaline is similar when i try to keep the spartan attached to water!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanSW View Post
    I've done dragracing and motocross, I promise, my adrenaline is similar when I try to keep the spartan attached to water!
    I get a rush with my sport bike and motocross bikes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    What I think: I don't mind chasing after my rc truck when it stops, but I'm not about to swim out for anything.
    When your batteries poop out on you with their LVC your boat lets you know by going into half power, but you still have plenty of juice to get your boat back to shore. As far as unscheduled failures, that's why I have the perfect spot to play with my boats. It's a pond bigger than a football field and is only 3 1/2 feet deep. I don't have to many failures, but on rare occasion when I do I just walk out and get it. I always bring an extra pair of shorts and a towel just in case.

RC Competitor
    I wanna buy one kawasaki colors

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

RC Competitor
    I'm looking forward to unboxing my Spartan. I have owned one boat in the past, it was a Joysway. It would fly on 4S, until I loaned it to a buddy and he crashed it into a buyou and destroyed it.

One thing I learned in my short time with an RC boat is that they are tough on batteries and not easy to work on. They are a lot of fun and well worth the hassle.

Thy aren't hard to work on, but they are hard to get right. Everything has to be so, so. As far as batteries, yep, you're 100% on the money with that. They sure are hard on batteries. You should read the post I wrote on how to get the most out of a RC boat's batteries.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...rs-Even-Better

RC Competitor
    Traxxas spartan/koneen siirto taakse, becauce the flex cable is so long (eats power)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder View Post
    I wanna buy one kawasaki colors

RC Competitor
    I have ordered 3/16 flexshaft.. But I think I use stock motor... "reg" what prop u use? Today I fix hull and hatch perfect to painter.... I make invisible where bottom and upper deck sticks to gether.
    That old seaking goes to my another boat... I buy some good esc to stock motor first and I move place of motor...

Driver Toni Huldin a. K. a speeder

RC Competitor
    I'm adrenaline addicted too and I have Suzuki Gsxr 1000RR WITH TURBO......REAR WHEEL POWER IS 245HORSEPOWER

RC Qualifier
    Lately I have been looking at boats more and more...

I only like going fast with my RC cars. Finding a smooth road with no traffic is difficult. With boats early morning the water is always like glass and zero traffic. Only thing is you might upset the guys fishing!

-Liberty

I have ordered 3/16 flexshaft.. But I think I use stock motor... "reg" what prop u use?
    From your pictures you look like you will be running, basically, a stock setup. I would go with the stock Traxxas prop, or with a direct stock replacement. For example: a OSE, CNC 42mm - 3/16" bore prop, P/N CND-4214250.

I'm adrenaline addicted too and I have Suzuki Gsxr 1000RR WITH TURBO......REAR WHEEL POWER IS 245HORSEPOWER

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! (lol)

You are a adrenaline junkie! I use to be one, but now that I am old guy, I'm just a big ol' virgina. I do have a Ducati 1098, that I slice and dice up the back twisties with though, so maybe all is not lost. (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Lately I have been looking at boats more and more...

I only like going fast with my RC cars. Finding a smooth road with no traffic is difficult.
    You poor, poor slob. (lol) No guy should have to go though his life without being able to fly down the road at least once every month or so.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-02-2019 at 08:35 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    I think, I have to change motor... But 4082 1600kv is still too small..... "reg" what is the next step of that..?