RC poster

Lightbulb 100mph traxxas rustler 4x4 ??

I am going to be getting the new rustler when it comes out i will be looking forward to be dowing speed runs with it i would like to make it go 100mph
    Ik i would need to get the following for it
    Xo1 drive shafts, mamba monster 2, grp/foam tires, 17mm hex adapters, 2 3s lipos, mod 1 gearing, and much more. Im not shure if i will need some weight in front frome keeping it frome flipping like the 2wd rustler because of it being 4wd. I would like some tips and rc enthusiast to join me in the adventure of making the new 4wd rustler go 100mph

RC Qualifier
    I'd recommend looking at some Slash 4x4 speed runners and copy what they have done. The new Rustler 4x4 is ALMOST identical with the exception of the length of the chassis. For reference most speed runners with the Slash 4x4 do not run weights in the front of the car.
    The original rustler having the motor and trans hanging on the back of the car causes a weight balance issue. This is not the case on the mid engine 4x4 layout.

Sounds like you have the right formula. MM2 setup stronger drive shafts, 17mm hex and GRP tires or BSR foams will be a good recipe. You may want to look at a slipper eliminator. The next step would be GTR shocks with very stiff springs and possibly some thicker diff fluid.

Good luck

-Liberty

RC poster
    Have a qick questions do foams stick better than grp iv never owned a set of foams just grp i got the s5 dont stick to well not even warmd up my rustler just slides i have a gyro on the way mabe that might helpmy rustler 2wd. But ya i have seen some fast speed runs on slash i think record is like 168mph on 8s. But might take a while to get all the parts only 17 and im looking for a job so hopefully i can get some hige nubers on the new rustler 4wd

RC Qualifier
    Yes my BSR foams have much better traction than the GRP tires I ran before. I also had s5 compound GRPs maybe the S1 would be better?
    Another thing to note is diameter... BSR are 4.15" add more speed but might have to modify gearing.
    Foams as you could imagine are sensitive. Any crash or issue and they are ruined.

RC Qualifier
    Most guys run GRP up till the 150mph range.
    If you have the funds to blow through multiple sets of foams then it's my opinion they are better, but otherwise stick with GRP.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Most guys run GRP up till the 150mph range.
    If you have the funds to blow through multiple sets of foams then it's my opinion they are better, but otherwise stick with GRP.
    Sorry but BSR foams are the way to go , i don't like GRP any more they tend to Blow up on me lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed freak #1 View Post
    Sorry but BSR foams are the way to go , i don't like GRP any more they tend to Blow up on me lol
    I have BSRs on mine... but for a new speed runner GRPs can take a few crashes and still run. Not the case with foams...

It is my recommendation to start with GRP tires and once the car is fully dialed in switch over to foams

RC poster
    So I just pre ordered this new rustler and I too, want it to go over 100. This is my first basher so I want to do it right. full send. no regrets. Following this thread looking for help. Can I put a mamba monster 2 combo with their brushless 1800kv motor, run a higher cell battery. What parts will fit this beast? aluminum, steel, titanium, anything you can think of? I'm going to jump this over my house.

RC poster
    ^^2200kv motor* lol

RC Champion
    I ordered one so hopefully when it comes in a couple weeks after that it will be a 100mph rustler 4x4.. :-)
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley