Thread: Florence

Florence

Too all my RC buddies. Please take heed to all bulletins if you are in the path of Florence cause it sure ain't no joke. I am on the coast of Virginia Beach and not looking too perty. Good luck all! Maybe it's time to ride the big one.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    Boy no.kidding. Prayers for all you folks that everyone heeds the warning for safety sake.
    Take care and be safe. Hope it all turns out ok.
    As I seen even inland is forecasted at 15-30 inches due to it basically stalling at land fall.

Prayers from Mo

RC Qualifier
    Stay safe lektro. A lot of the neighborhoods bordering mine are flooded here in Texas. It's been raining almost non stop since Friday. May Texas dryness be with you.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

I am here in Delaware, waiting for the extra rain Florence will most likely dump on us. Does in its path, stay safe...
    "We know who you are"

From wat my wife seen, its goina hit us here in bama too. Everybody be safe, prayers out for everyone! May God redirect it before it causes to much damage

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IndyBama; 09-11-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added pic

From wat my wife seen, its goina hit us here in bama too. Everybody be safe, prayers out for everyone! May God redirect it before it causes to much damage
    Hey Bama! Nice to hear from you. It's a pretty big storm and I see it impacting several states. Only time will tell. Be safe my friend.....
    Choose Life !!!

I'm right in the path here in mid-state South Carolina. I've been through major hurricanes before and it is definitely no joke. We are about as prepared as we can be considering where we are. This latest shift prediction is the last thing I wanted to see but it is what it is and we will do what we can to survive!

Stay safe everyone!
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

Quote Originally Posted by chops1sc View Post
    I'm right in the path here in mid-state South Carolina. I've been through major hurricanes before and it is definitely no joke. We are about as prepared as we can be considering where we are. This latest shift prediction is the last thing I wanted to see but it is what it is and we will do what we can to survive!

Stay safe everyone!
    Sorry it made that turn. Dang hurricanes are so hard to predict. Hopefully it will turn back out to the the ocean and dissipate. Fat chance of that. Took a bit of worry off me but not my worry for everyone else.

Stay safe chops.....Don't know if I have told you this. My Mom was born and raised in Sumter....
    Last edited by lektro; 09-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Sorry it made that turn. Dang hurricanes are so hard to predict. Hopefully it will turn back out to the the ocean and dissipate. Fat chance of that. Took a bit of worry off me but not my worry for everyone else.

Stay safe chops.....Don't know if I have told you this. My Mom was born and raised in Sumter....
    I do recall we had that conversation. Small world, LOL!
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Hey Bama! Nice to hear from you. It's a pretty big storm and I see it impacting several states. Only time will tell. Be safe my friend.....
    Hows it goin lektro?! Been awhile. Really hope this hurricane turns back like u said n dissapates before it does much damage. We prayin for everyone in the danger zone. Just hope n pray God puts his hands on us all n protects us. Yall stay safe n keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Hows it goin lektro?! Been awhile. Really hope this hurricane turns back like u said n dissapates before it does much damage. We prayin for everyone in the danger zone. Just hope n pray God puts his hands on us all n protects us. Yall stay safe n keep us posted

Going well Bama! Hope the same for you.

Lucky for us and very unlucky for many Florence did make a turn. From my last observation it is going to hit the Carolina's hard. Pray that everyone takes the warning's to heart on this storm. Only problem is, there are many factors that can make it turn at any time. So hard to forecast what a hurricane will do.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE......................
    Choose Life !!!

To all in the path of this enormous storm.... I'm praying for you all.... Being in the Navy for a while and on Sea duty I had the pleasure to ride through Hurricane Gloria on a ship..... It gave me a totally new perspective of the power and force of "Mother Nature"... 80-100 ft seas is nothing to joke about. Even the "Old Salty Dogs" were sea sick.... Also living in South Florida most of my life I have been through Andrew where it mainly was south Miami and Miami that was devastated and saw this first hand as I was delivering water, toiletry needs, baby needs etc. It literally looked like someone dropped and atom bomb hit areas, I could not navigate, there were NO landmarks, signs, nothing to go by. At night it was pitch black.... Also Wilma and Irma hit us directly but they were no where near the power of Andrew....

This storm has one of the most well developed eye's I have ever seen, it is very well organized and VERY strong... It's gaining in size and THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THAT IT IS MOVING AT 16 MPH (not wind speeds but the movement of the storm).... I hope and pray it shears a bit before landfall and that it keeps moving at a good pace.... What hurt Puerto Rico so much was not only poor infrastructure, but Maria just hung there and kept hammering them for a very long period of time, it only moved at 3mph and then stalled in that spot....

If you are in the Cone of concern, prepare, listen to what the local authorities are saying and if they say leave,,, well LEAVE!!!!! Life is more important than any possessions!!!

God Bless, I am praying for you all to take this seriously and be safe....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-12-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

I heard the seas at this moment in certain areas were 83 ft. WOW
    Choose Life !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I'm right here close to Florence SC where it may hit. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

The weather channel said they dont know wat to say. Its so unpredictable at this point. Only God knows wat its goina do. I hope n pray it fizzles out or turns back to the ocean n dies out. May God bless each n everyone of yall n keep yall safe!!!!!

I live up in Canada, far away from this storm, but I've been following it on the news and its looking like a big one. I know multiple people that are in the way of the storm.
    Praying for you all! Stay safe and AWAY from the Hurricane.
    I was looking on the news, and a couple people are trying to be "tough" and fight the storm out. They say they've been "preparing for hurricanes" But Don't be like them. Get out of there. People staying are playing with death.
    So all of you, stay safe and keep your head on a swivel for updates.
    God Bless! Praying for you all!
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

I was watchin the news a lil bit ago n theres a nursing home thats NOT evacuatin. Said the building can withstand the winds n its not feesable for them to try n move around 100 or so ppl. Said they have a big genarator n enuf food n meds to last days if need be.

Now i understand its hard to move that many ppl, esspecially elderly n sick like that. But cmon, theyve known for how long this hurricane was comin?! The guy that made the decision has all those ppls lives in his hands. Somethin happens to them, thats on his head n heart for the rest of his life. May God be with those that arent able to evacuate!

Theres ppl that have made crack pot jokes about the hurricanes. They think its a joke. Theyre goina find out real quick like its not a joke! They really need to find God, n with the quuckness!!!!! I dont wish harm on anybody, but those that find it to be a joke n nothin to worry about are goina find out real quick like that it is serious. They still dont know which way this thing is goina go. Its so unpredictable its not funny. God is the only one that knows where its goina go. I just hope God protects everyone in its path!

Yall are in prayers! God bless each n every one of yall!!!!!!

Latest update we just got

At least now it has dropped to a Cat 2, it;s still a huge storm and not to be fooled with. Tornadoes/cyclones are spawned... If you folks on the affected coast and low lying areas and been told to leave, well LEAVE if you can.

Best tip, put your refridgerators and freezers on the coolest setting, take you bottled water bottles lower them 1/2" and FREEZE THEM... They will help keep your food cold and as they defrost you have water, cold water.
    Also you have an extre 20 to 30 gallons of potable, drinking water in your water heater, just turn off the water supply if water is contaminated in the area, and still, boil it if you can.

I went 3 weeks without power thanks to Wilma, definitely a tornado hit us at the end of our block. I found roofing shingles inserted into a Black Oak tree.... I own 3 generators and have a collection of extension cords and 3 way splitters that nobody is allowed to take.....

The storm took a turn and it has weakened the eye, but it is so very wide.... It has picked up speed in it's movement and that's good so I think the prayers are working...

But do not take this lightly please.... Irma was a Cat 2 and Wilma was two... They did a lot of damage, tornadoes were spawned and they tore up areas pretty badly... So it's weakened but still nothing to play with...

BE safe my friends.... I'm praying for you and I'm praying as this hurricane season reaches it''s peak month of Sept and Early October that we will be spared here in Florida, the Keys are still a mess and many have not been able to rebuild...

This season is coming into it's peak, stay safe, keep aware, evacuate NOW if you are ni a evacuation area.... God Bless folks... We are praying for all in the path.....
    All Lives Matter

At least now it has dropped to a Cat 2, it;s still a huge storm and not to be fooled with. Tornadoes/cyclones are spawned... If you folks on the affected coast and low lying areas and been told to leave, well LEAVE if you can.

Best tip, put your refridgerators and freezers on the coolest setting, take you bottled water bottles lower them 1/2" and FREEZE THEM... They will help keep your food cold and as they defrost you have water, cold water.
    Also you have an extre 20 to 30 gallons of potable, drinking water in your water heater, just turn off the water supply if water is contaminated in the area, and still, boil it if you can.

I went 3 weeks without power thanks to Wilma, definitely a tornado hit us at the end of our block. I found roofing shingles inserted into a Black Oak tree.... I own 3 generators and have a collection of extension cords and 3 way splitters that nobody is allowed to take.....

The storm took a turn and it has weakened the eye, but it is so very wide.... It has picked up speed in it's movement and that's good so I think the prayers are working...

But do not take this lightly please.... Irma was a Cat 2 and Wilma was too... Both storms we had no power for 2-3 weeks... THAT SUCKED, but we were safe, prepared and got through it... They did a lot of damage, tornadoes were spawned and they tore up areas pretty badly... So it's weakened but still nothing to play with... Listen to your local community advisories and adhere to evacuation rules....

BE safe my friends.... I'm praying for you and I'm praying as this hurricane season reaches it''s peak month of Sept and Early October that we will be spared here in Florida, the Keys are still a mess and many have not been able to rebuild...

This season is coming into it's peak, stay safe, keep aware, evacuate NOW if you are ni a evacuation area.... God Bless folks... We are praying for all in the path.....
    All Lives Matter

I just checked the weather channel app. It shows it turning n goin north towards NY. Hopefully it dies out n doesnt wreak much havok on anyone. I totally agree with NN! Yall should heed his words. We're all tryin to help as much as we possibly can. Stay safe n keep prayin!

Hope all affected are OK and have power... Now more than ever, be safe, this is when all the accidents happen....
    All Lives Matter

While I was in the direct path, it had died down to a TS by the time it got to us. I am thankful for that. We actually got more wind on Friday night than the rest of the weekend although we did get a lot of rain Saturday.

I know there are a ton of ppl affected in the Eastern NC/SC and I hope they get the help and relief they need swiftly.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    There was a lot of flooding around here in places that have never dealt with floods. A lot of power out too, roads/bridges washed away. Overall not too bad though. A few accidents occuring here and there where folks drive into a washed out bridge.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    It finally stopped raining in Texas. It was starting to become difficult to get around. A mountain bike trail that I go to occasionally was completely underwater this weekend.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

I was watching the news the other night and the water must have meen 10 ft deep in some places. Water crashing over a first story window. I have no clue how these things steer out of the path of Virginia, Our luck has to run out at some point. I feel bad for the Carolinas. Hope power is restored quicky. So all can work there way back to a normal life. Unfortunately it takes so much time.

MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU ALL!!!!!
    Choose Life !!!