RC poster

First Day First Problems...

So I went and bought a new E-Revo VXL yesterday afternoon, and I'm pretty stoked about it. Although, I do have an issue.. The ESC does not turn off correctly.. When first familiarizing myself with the truck and setting it to training mode I had issues shutting it down afterwards. When I push and release the power button the green goes out but then the red lights cycle and it turns back on. After 5-10 attempts it stays off but I'm not trying to deal with it on a brand new truck.. Hopefully it's not gonna be a big deal..

Otherwise the truck is really fun and I'm just trying to look up where to start with upgrades and such.. I don't particularly like that the skids drag under acceleration so i'm thinking shocks and springs first ( a slightly higher ride height would be okay as well.. Any recommendations or downsides? I also snapped the right front pushrod, so that's on the list.. What other better or just trick parts are out there for this thing? Being a newb, I'm not familiar yet with many aftermarket websites and stuff so I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction..

That button can be finicky, hold it too long it goes into programming, too short and it won't turn off. I don't have to much experience with the vxl6s esc, maybe others will chime in. As far as upgrades, the only thing right out of the box is the aluminium rear chassis brace. its cheap and a must! After that, upgrade as things break. The servos will go out sooner than later, already plenty of info for that one. Happy reading. What ever you do, remember, keep having fun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

There are numerous tuning adjustments for the suspension on E-Revo to handle a wide variety of conditions and situations. I would suggest some stiffer springs and maybe a little thicker oil. Invest in a few different sets of springs and some shock oil varieties and see what works best for your driving style.

For the ESC, if everything else is running fine, just unplug the batteries. It's a good habit anyway, unplugging the packs to turn off the truck will prevent accidentally leaving them plugged in and possibly destroying your batteries.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC poster
    Grabbed some blue springs for the rear today and moved the stock rear gray to the front.. I also picked up a wheelie bar, new stock pushrod, and Savox 1256TG dual servos. The springs did the trick for the bottoming out on everything and raised the ride height slightly, but it still retained really good bump absorption and the steering just changing the springs seems better as well..

I haven't installed the servo's yet because I also talked to traxxas and they are sending out a new ESC to the shop I bought the truck from for replacement.. I'll drive it as is until I'm pulling it apart for that

RC Enthusiast
    Mine does the same exact thing. Haha Like FnFancy said, you gotta hold it down for just the right amount of time. Literally just a second it seems. My very first attempt to shut it down I just ended up unplugging it. Haha

RC Racer
    I always just unplug the battery. That will shut the ESC off. And it prevents you from accidentally leaving a battery hooked up and ruining it and possibly the ESC as well. Leave the button alone unless you need to program something and just unplug the battery when you are done using it.

RC poster
    I probably will disconnect the batteries to shut it off, but when I spend the money, i expect everything to work as it should.. the button not working correctly could be a sign of something that may cause a short or premature failure in the future.. if a light switch quit working in my house i wouldn't just unscrew the bulb to shut it off

RC Racer
    I am not saying to just leave the button not working, by all means fix it, but to power the vehicle down, pulling the battery is the best way IMO. No battery equals no power to the ESC. Leaving a battery connected is a bad think to do though and can and has resulted in both burnt ESC and also possibly the battery and entire vehicle. The buttons are known to stick. Try adding a touch of some lube that is safe for electronics on the button. Hope you get issue resolved. Good day.

RC poster
    Gotcha.. I will take you guys advice on disconnecting the batteries...