RC poster

Can't Find 14T & 15T 48P Pinions

Could someone be so kind as to point me to where I might find 14T and 15T pinions in a 48 pitch for the Slash 2WD? Going to run in a stock Slash class on carpet this winter and the track is pretty small so I'd really like a couple taller gears.

I currently only have the stock 16T pinion.

Thanks in advance.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    Could someone be so kind as to point me to where I might find 14T and 15T pinions in a 48 pitch for the Slash 2WD? Going to run in a stock Slash class on carpet this winter and the track is pretty small so I'd really like a couple taller gears.

I currently only have the stock 16T pinion.

Thanks in advance.
    You'd have luck looking around on eBay or amazon. Look for pinions that will fit on a 3mm shaft if you're running a stock traxxas power system. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Sincerest thanks.

RC Champion
    Really? Have you actually tired?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/robinso...454461?v=11680

Oh, and let's support traxxas with traxxas parts.
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7039

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I haven’t even ordered my truck yet, just making a (long) list of tools and spares I know I’ll need. That said, I wasn’t certain a 3.17mm would fit on the 12t motor shaft and very much appreciated jainm taking time to help me, an admitted newbie in all this.

That said, thanks for the links and your patience and kindness, IllusionX. I’ll get them ordered up.

Have a good one.

RC Champion
    Oh right. Enjoy your future truck then.

You can always download the user manual which include all the parts list so you can pick from while making your list.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Will do, thanks.

TECHNICALLY, the shafts have a 1/8" or 3.175mm diameter, not a 3mm diameter. There is really no size close, so 3.17mm, 3.2mm, etc. are all the same thing.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Most 48p gears should fit the stock Traxxas motor. IllusionX's reccomendations look nice. Check out your local hobbystore as well, I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out

Don't worry about being a newbie also. I'm also relatively new to the hobby, but this forum is here to help so if you've got anything on your mind... ask away!