RC Qualifier

What did you do with your Rustler 4x4 today

Show ‘em
    Another Great RC from Traxxas

So what have you done?
    fabricator

Well mine is ordered so I just look it online

RC Qualifier
    I keep looking at it and am trying to figure out what parts I can take from it for my Slash 4x4. I haven't ordered one and I don't think I will. I'm gonna go easy on the bank for now.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Qualifier
    Took my gtr shocks and sway bars off my rally for my rustler when it come out

RC Qualifier
    Trying to figure out how to build it myself... and how to fund the build.

Just looking at the battery tie down, I don't think I am a big fan of it. i'd much rather have the same type of strap as like a slash. Think I could build a Rustler 4x4 using a Rally chassis, and building it up from there. I know, I know, the Rally chassis and the R4stler chassis technically aren't the same, but they are very similar. I think it would still keep the COG low, but the ground clearance high if I set it up right. I'm gonna have to look into it some more though.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    Trying to figure out how to build it myself... and how to fund the build.

Just looking at the battery tie down, I don't think I am a big fan of it. i'd much rather have the same type of strap as like a slash. Think I could build a Rustler 4x4 using a Rally chassis, and building it up from there. I know, I know, the Rally chassis and the R4stler chassis technically aren't the same, but they are very similar. I think it would still keep the COG low, but the ground clearance high if I set it up right. I'm gonna have to look into it some more though.
    I found the part numbers needed to install the clipless body mount system to a slash shell.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Qualifier
    So the towers are the same dimensions? That would be SWEET!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    So the towers are the same dimensions? That would be SWEET!!!
    I don't know if my idea works yet. All I can tell is that it looks like the shock towers fit. The part of the mounting system that attaches to the body probably won't work. I'll probably have to modify the body (aka cutting piece of wood or plastic to get the right position) to make the mounts work.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Qualifier
    If you're running a Slash body with that mounting system, then yeah you probably will need to do some extra mods. But I want to know if I can get a Rustler body on my build, so I think it would be fine as is.