RC Competitor

My new Slash 2wd!

So years back I had a 2wd hcg slash that I always bashed, ended up trading it. Flash forward to today, after way mor expensive and complex builds I decided to get a slash again. I've had a slash 4x4 before, witch I might get one day, but I built the 2wd slash I always wanted. I present to you project basher for me.

What does it take to be a "bash" truck for me?
    1. Most importantly parts available.
    2. Does it go all out crazy? If it does, parts break more.
    3. Super fun?
    4. Cheep to get.
    5. Simple layout.

All the answers for me was a slash.

I sit a few months looking online for parts rollers etc, last week a guy at my work offered me a race slash roller for 80 bucks. I picked it up 2 days ago, went to hobby shop bought a few rpm items, yes not all were needed, but I might as well I know how I'll treat this slash, hahah.

Rpm front bumper
    Rpm rear bumper
    Rpm a arms
    Proline body post (truck didnt have any to begin with)
    And most notably, lcg chassis.
    I installed all the parts, a castle sct combo, some tires I had, redid the shocks, and took it out for a bash. If I must say I can build a mean slash, but theres a lot more I wanna do.
    Biggy tires, cvds, 17mm hexs, and other parts when they break. Here's a few pictures of the build! Let me know what you guys think.

- zach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Very cool! If you're going to be bashing it though I reccomend upgrading to steel MIP X-Duty driveshafts. Those won't snap and will last you a while!

RC Qualifier
    Looking real good. Grab some aluminum caps and titanium rods for the rear shock and an aluminum caster block and you are golden
    trinity 6cell packs - 5 cells for the price of 6!

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys for the suggestions!

My plans are to bash and when things go to replace them.
    I know the drive shafts will go soon...or I'll make them at least...hehe.
    And as for shocks. Yes I do plan to upgrade them, these are all I had laying around.

About to take her for her first "not at home" run, hopfully all goes good.

- Zach

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zach2600 View Post
    Thanks guys for the suggestions!

My plans are to bash and when things go to replace them.
    I know the drive shafts will go soon...or I'll make them at least...hehe.
    And as for shocks. Yes I do plan to upgrade them, these are all I had laying around.

About to take her for her first "not at home" run, hopfully all goes good.

- Zach

Another thing you might want to consider is getting aluminum front and rear skid plates... Chassis slammers can cause some damage to your car, mine broke while going off a jump so I replaced it with aluminum. Haven't had a problem since

RC poster
    I like the lcg chassis, have you driven it since the swap ? do you think it made that much difference ?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by OTHRacer View Post
    I like the lcg chassis, have you driven it since the swap ? do you think it made that much difference ?
    I havnt drove a hcg in a while, but the lcg forsure tends to go back to all 4 wheels more often then non. It stays more planted on the pavement as well.

RC Competitor
    To all that are wondering,

I haven't much "tested" or drove my slash since I built it. About 3 batteries. Yesterday did some gearing changes, put a 3s in and went out to a local lot. Unknowningly I built a slash that hit around 55-60mph. With that set up I put a 2s in and temps stayed nice and cool, plenty of power, and enjoyable. Pretty happy with my rig!