TRX-4 Sport Body on TRX-4 Original + Scale Accessories

Hey guys,

Anybody confirm that the TRX-4 SPORT body fit the original TRX-4 Chassis without issues?

Id like to get one and add the Traxxas scale accessories that are supposed to be coming out for this Sport body.

ETA on these TRX-4 Sport scale Accessories?
    Thoughts?

Thanks!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Hey guys,

Anybody confirm that the TRX-4 SPORT body fit the original TRX-4 Chassis without issues?
    At the very least, the wheelbases are different between the two, so there would be something you'd need to adjust. Don't know about any other adjustments, but I'd be interested in knowing as well.

At like a 1/4 of the weight, the Sport body would be great for crawling with.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailwalker View Post
    At like a 1/4 of the weight, the Sport body would be great for crawling with.
    To me it sounds like 12.8 wheelbase plus super light body (sport body) equals ultimate crawler (and new foams somewhere in there).
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkletron View Post
    To me it sounds like 12.8 wheelbase plus super light body (sport body) equals ultimate crawler (and new foams somewhere in there).
    That's the truth.

I went crawling with my wife (she has the sport) and even though she's a complete amateur, she was able to get up on hills and difficult terrain without any trouble at all, while I was struggling not to tip mine over.

It's so impressive that I may end up getting another just for me. That is... If replacing the body isn't a quick task. LOL

RC Qualifier
    That's the truth.

I went crawling with my wife (she has the sport) and even though she's a complete amateur, she was able to get up on hills and difficult terrain without any trouble at all, while I was struggling not to tip mine over.

It's so impressive that I may end up getting another just for me. That is... If replacing the body isn't a quick task. LOL
    I might go to my LHS to ask if I can try and test fit a Sport body on my Defender chassis. I have to find a good reason to go first though.
    Guess who's back.
    Back again.

RC poster
    please del
    Last edited by qs110; 11-17-2018 at 06:29 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    That's the truth.

If it's just really easy then why bother? I don't get why easier is seen as better in the rc crawler world

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Hey guys,

I’d like to get one and add the Traxxas scale accessories that are supposed to be coming out for this Sport body.

ETA on these TRX-4 Sport scale Accessories?
    Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Wheelbase is different, which may not be too big of a deal looks wise.
    Sport body (even the unpainted) comes predrilled for mounting.
    So, leaving the wheelbase along may work, but you would need to figure out the body mounts. Maybe you could flip the rear post holder (or whatever they call it).

As to accessories, light kit (f/r), light bar, expedition lights and grills all expected in January. Everything else is available now.
    I just converted my bronco to a sport and got all the stuff for it.