Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Atiís Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Have you checked the bearings on the diff housing? If not the bearings, check the diff housing itself. Could be worn and needs replacement.
    Itís been years since they were replaced. I might as well get new ones anyway. My entire driveline is upgraded anyways.
    Last edited by ati; 09-23-2018 at 04:56 PM.

RC Qualifier
    My MMP has been overheating a lot. It happened for the first time yesterday but it happened 5 times. It was also only about 75 outside.

Ive heard about larger motors running cooler, do larger escs (MMX) run cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    My MMP has been overheating a lot. It happened for the first time yesterday but it happened 5 times. It was also only about 75 outside.

Ive heard about larger motors running cooler, do larger escs (MMX) run cooler?
    The mmp is pretty stout, if its overheating something is wrong. Then again, a reason to upgrade is always welcome! To answer your question, yes the mmx will run cooler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

The MMP is a good ESC, but if you already have a Mamba Max X handy then it's sort of a pointless debate. Put the MMX in for sure. I just made the jump from a MMP with a Castle 2400kv/1415 to a MMX with a Castle 2200kv/1515. I was actually pretty happy with the old setup and the upgrade was mainly prompted when I broke the shaft on my 2400kv/1415 motor. I found a used motor/esc combo with a MMX for the same price that it would have cost me to buy a new 2400kv/1415 motor and keep using the MMP, so I went with the MMX combo. No regrets.

It's still surprising that you are overheating your MMP so quickly on a cool day. I would check to see if you have any debris under the fan. On mine I would get dry grass and stuff stuck under there sometimes that would not be very obvious from the outside but would significantly limit airflow over the heat-sink. Still, even with my Slash 4x4-based Monster Truck, my MMP would usually only overheat on at least a warm day when I was going through grass or up and down hills. In comparison, with the MMX, I can go up and down grassy hills on a 100 degree day and it doesn't matter now.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    The MMP is a good ESC, but if you already have a Mamba Max X handy then it's sort of a pointless debate. Put the MMX in for sure. I just made the jump from a MMP with a Castle 2400kv/1415 to a MMX with a Castle 2200kv/1515. I was actually pretty happy with the old setup and the upgrade was mainly prompted when I broke the shaft on my 2400kv/1415 motor. I found a used motor/esc combo with a MMX for the same price that it would have cost me to buy a new 2400kv/1415 motor and keep using the MMP, so I went with the MMX combo. No regrets.

It's still surprising that you are overheating your MMP so quickly on a cool day. I would check to see if you have any debris under the fan. On mine I would get dry grass and stuff stuck under there sometimes that would not be very obvious from the outside but would significantly limit airflow over the heat-sink. Still, even with my Slash 4x4-based Monster Truck, my MMP would usually only overheat on at least a warm day when I was going through grass or up and down hills. In comparison, with the MMX, I can go up and down grassy hills on a 100 degree day and it doesn't matter now.
    Fan is not blocked. However I was driving in hilly tall grass and was jumping and flipping.

I still need to figure out some logistics with the MMX. I am going with the 2650kv not the 2200kv. My truck barely Weighs 6 pounds.

The 2650kv (1512 motor) uses 5.5mm bullets while the MMP only supports 4mm bullets so you would need adapters or to re-wire it yourself if you were going to continue with the MMP. It should plug right in with the MMX.

RC Qualifier

Atiís Slash 4x4

I really like the traxxas connectors. I have one attached to my MMP. On castles website site it said I can use them with the MMP but only recommends their bullet connector for the MMX.
    Has anyone used traxxas connectors with the MMX?
    Edit:
    I just saw this

The 2650kv (1512 motor) uses 5.5mm bullets while the MMP only supports 4mm bullets so you would need adapters or to re-wire it yourself if you were going to continue with the MMP. It should plug right in with the MMX.
    I believe they are 6.5mm not 5.5mm. I donít have a 2650 kv at the moment. Only the MMX. I donít plan on putting it in yet. I would need to get 6.5mm motor bullet connectors as well. I donít want to go through that at the moment.
    Last edited by ati; 09-24-2018 at 12:24 PM.

ah yeah 6.5mm, my bad. If your existing motor uses 4mm bullets you could always get some adapters to use it with the MMX. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223124988915 I've done it in the past. I don't see any reason why traxxas connectors wouldn't work on the battery end of the MMX. The E-Revo uses Traxxas Connectors and that stock ESC is rated just as high as the MMX and is regularly used with 6S. Personally I use bullet connectors with my MMX but I have a bullet to traxxas adapter that I attach when my brother brings his traxxas batteries over and even with the added resistance of the adapter it's a non-issue.

Traxxas connectors will work just fine on the mmx, also, you can cut off the bullet connector on the motor and solder the size needed on.

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Traxxas connectors will work just fine on the mmx, also, you can cut off the bullet connector on the motor and solder the size needed on.

I think El Sob wrote something about this and how it improved throttle control. I might think about it. At the moment I don't see a giant need for it.

ah yeah 6.5mm, my bad. If your existing motor uses 4mm bullets you could always get some adapters to use it with the MMX. Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223124988915 I've done it in the past. I don't see any reason why traxxas connectors wouldn't work on the battery end of the MMX. The E-Revo uses Traxxas Connectors and that stock ESC is rated just as high as the MMX and is regularly used with 6S. Personally I use bullet connectors with my MMX but I have a bullet to traxxas adapter that I attach when my brother brings his traxxas batteries over and even with the added resistance of the adapter it's a non-issue.
    I would like to be able to buy batteries from smc that have a connector already attached. I don't think any of the choices would fit the castle bullet conectors. I might be mistaken.
    Is there any large difference between the bullet connectors and for instance Traxxas' power connector?

RC Qualifier
    So Iím going with the XO-1 diffs.
    I found a chop shop on eBay that sells them for $25 complete. However they label them f/r.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XO-1-DIFFER...-/331493146926

But the front and rear diffs have different pinions if Iím correct. F: 5379X R: 6879
    Should I just buy them and hope for a front and a rear and send them back if not?

The gears are the same in the X-01 diffs, but the diff oils are not.

Per the manual:
    "From the factory, the front differential is filled with SAE 100,000W viscosity silicone oil. The rear differential is filled with SAE 10,000W."

Front and rear diffs are not labeled front and rear. Hopefully you get one of each and can tell by turning the output shafts. The one that is harder to turn would be the front one. If they feel the same, good luck. May be better off opening them up and filling them up with the diff oils of your choice.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    The gears are the same in the X-01 diffs, but the diff oils are not.

Per the manual:
    "From the factory, the front differential is filled with SAE 100,000W viscosity silicone oil. The rear differential is filled with SAE 10,000W."

Front and rear diffs are not labeled front and rear. Hopefully you get one of each and can tell by turning the output shafts. The one that is harder to turn would be the front one. If they feel the same, good luck. May be better off opening them up and filling them up with the diff oils of your choice.
    Thank you for clearing that up. I plan to change the oil anyways. I read one of El Sobs posts from a few years back and it talked about different pinions in front and rear. Maybe I read it wrong.

RC Qualifier
    This might be a very dumb question. Does grease act as really heavy diff oil?

Also had anybody used spiral cut gears?

RC Qualifier
    Has anybody snapped the pin in their MIPs? I believe thatís whatís just happened to me.

Has anybody snapped the pin in their MIPs? I believe thatís whatís just happened to me.
    Many, many, times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, Iím trying to find 100,000 cSt diff fluid. When googled the only brand that comes up is team associated which seems very popular as well. However it seems backordered everywhere and even isnít available on eBay?
    Are they just slow on production or did something happen?

Hey guys, Iím trying to find 100,000 cSt diff fluid. When googled the only brand that comes up is team associated which seems very popular as well. However it seems backordered everywhere and even isnít available on eBay?
    Are they just slow on production or did something happen?
    I recently bought some associated 100,000 weight diff oil from my LHS. Took over a month for them to get it ordered in. Must be somthing going on with associated like you said

Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Qualifier
    In that case, does anybody have any spare or know or any other brands that make nice diff oil? I couldnít find much

Most places say that they should have them back in stock October 12 to 18, or mid-October.
    Not too long to wait for what you want...

Edit:
    Found one, but I have never shopped here and don't know if they really have it in stock:
    http://www.hobbyquarters.com/team-as...id-100000.html
    Last edited by Squeegie; 10-08-2018 at 02:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Squeegie. Iíll wait. It should be fine.

Iím going on a massive spending spree soon to ďfinishĒ my slash. Iím also going to invest into a few nice smc batteries.

Is there a preferred connector out of the ones that SMC offers?

Or what are yíalls preference?

RC Racer
    I have both Traxxas connectors and Amass xt 60 & 90's. Traxxas are fine and some of my xts are super tight and tough to separate.YMMV

I currently use Traxxas connectors, but I purchased Castle 6.5 connectors. I haven't had the time to change my connectors over to them yet, but will sooner or later...

RC Qualifier
    I currently use Traxxas connectors, but I purchased Castle 6.5 connectors. I haven't had the time to change my connectors over to them yet, but will sooner or later...
    I was thinking about those. I guess Iíll go with the traxxas one because itíll be cut off any how and itís the cheapest.

RC Qualifier

Atiís Slash 4x4

Iím running low on many screws and a lot of them are stripped from the previous owner.

Is there a place where I can buy them in bulk? Preferably nice high quality ones.
    Edit:
    Actually, I would like a complete kit. I have the wrong screws in the wrong places and I would like to be able to get the right screws where they belong.
    Last edited by ati; 10-08-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Tony screws. Full kits

RC Qualifier

Atiís Slash 4x4

I am getting some badlands MX28s.
    How badly do they balloon?
    I was looking at prolines monster fusion body. Would it be problematic to run untapped badlands?

I probably will be around 50mph

Also, I saw this on eBay:

There are shock guards on GtR shocks. Any idea where those are from?
    Last edited by ati; 10-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.

ProLine's video looks like they balloon and don't really bother it.

Personally, I tape my tires with Gorilla Tape.

Those are RPM's Shock Shaft Guards, but they are not made for the GTR shocks:
    http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/sh...-scale-shocks/

Maybe their guards for Associated might work???

RC Qualifier

Atiís Slash 4x4

ProLine's video looks like they balloon and don't really bother it.

Personally, I tape my tires with Gorilla Tape.

Those are RPM's Shock Shaft Guards, but they are not made for the GTR shocks:
    http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/sh...-scale-shocks/

Maybe their guards for Associated might work???
    Watching that video I remembered why I donít run a body... parachuting
    I donít tape my tires because I like how the ballooning helps the truck flip in air.

The Monster Fusion is vented... but maybe not enough for you.

If no body, do you run a cage?

RC Qualifier
    The Monster Fusion is vented... but maybe not enough for you.

If no body, do you run a cage?
    I used to. Vg racing inner. I bent it out of place every run. Eventually I ended with broken shock towers and a broken roll cage. Now Iíve just been running with my shock towers as my roll cage. Iíve had no issues since.

I stopped running a body before I really knew about the effect of parachuting. I had it, I just didnít know much about the slash. I mostly stopped because I kept ripping my bodies and I kept losing body clips and caps.

Monster Fusion will soon have their Bash Armor Body version released:
    https://www.prolineracing.com/pc_pro...2CB67C63E97240

If anything like their Bash Armor Body for the X-Maxx, it will be tough:

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...body-white.asp

RC Qualifier

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...body-white.asp
    Prolines links unfortunately donít link on my phone. Iíll have to check on a pc later. Sounds exciting though!

RC Qualifier
    I got on my PC and the link worked! I am very excited that it is pre-painted! I have no artist ability. I can only now hope that it is released soon and that it is part of their flo-tek line.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Squeegie!

So that's what GM did with all of their old Saturns!

youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Don't forget the 1968 GTO:

At least GM made theirs paintable!

RC Qualifier
    I got in contact with proline, they said that the body should be released within a week and that it will be part of the flo-tek series.

I am very excited. Itís a pre-painted, pre-cut, Flo-tek monster fusion body.
    The only downside is that itís $100...
    No worries, I have something to spend some birthday money on.

RC Qualifier

Atiís Slash 4x4

Im interested in the proline one because itís flo-tek and precut...

I havenít really ran bodies and donít have much experience.
    Do I need to reinforce the body mounting holes? I will be using the proline extended body mounts.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-13-2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Content (quoted)

I am getting some badlands MX28s.
    How badly do they balloon?
    I was looking at prolines monster fusion body. Would it be problematic to run untapped badlands?

I probably will be around 50mph

Also, I saw this on eBay:

There are shock guards on GtR shocks. Any idea where those are from?
    I know exactly where those shock guards are from!
    Those shock guards are 3D printed. I use them and they work great!
    I had a mate print 4 of them off for me for $2 at 100% infill (full strength)
    Here is a link to them if you have access to a 3d printer
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2250643
    Hope this helps
    I ask way to many questions

RC Qualifier
    Does anybody use an upgraded aluminum motor plate? Strc or hot racing?

Are they any good or worth it?

Also, I found out that proline is planning on making different colors for the bash armor bodies in the future.

Do you guys think reinforcing that body would be worth it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast