RC Racer

$19.99 (Ebay) body for Rustler anybody tried one

Anybody tried one of these bodies?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Body...gAAOSwmBdbmyae

I have seen these for other Traxxas models on Ebay. Got one like the color for a Stampede (truck body not Rustler) coming in the mail that I am going to put together. Just wondering about the quality of the shell and if somebody has bought one for the Rustler.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíve heard some say they are super thin, poor quality.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’ve heard some say they are super thin, poor quality.
    At $20 I don't expect much could be just flushing $20 down the toilet don't know just wanted to ask rather than trust random reviews. I'll reinforce the inside of the body somehow anyway just may have to go overboard if it turns out to be almost paper thin. I don't expect it to stand up to skate park sessions but at least survive a few rollovers and a few lid rides.

A few dollars more you can get a body and paint it yourself just looking for something cheap already painted and don't mind getting beat up.
    Last edited by Igottabeme; 09-18-2018 at 11:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    My Dad got the Stampede version of this body as well. Didn't seem too thin or anything, not bad for $20. Really can't expect too much for something that cheap, but I think it holds up alright as a light basher body.

Its pvc not lexan. So itll crack a lot. If you shoe goo them then youll get plenty of use out of them. I have one on my beater pede and its cracked everywhere but is still shaped like a stampede body so i run it. $20 free shipping. Half of a 8 dollar big tube of shoe goo, still pretty good value.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

I'd rather spend the extra $$$ for a jconcepts body. $25 - $27 on ebay with free shipping, and cheaper then that body + shoe goo. Looks a lot nicer as well.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    Its pvc not lexan. So itll crack a lot. If you shoe goo them then youll get plenty of use out of them. I have one on my beater pede and its cracked everywhere but is still shaped like a stampede body so i run it. $20 free shipping. Half of a 8 dollar big tube of shoe goo, still pretty good value.
    Really? I have yet to run mine. I got a similar one for my ERBE, and seem pretty strong compared to me stock body.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PJbottoms View Post
    I'd rather spend the extra $$$ for a jconcepts body. $25 - $27 on ebay with free shipping, and cheaper then that body + shoe goo. Looks a lot nicer as well.
    But these are painted and cut. Painted and cut lexan bodies are in the 40 to 50 dollar range and up. The precut half painted traxxas bodies are am ok deal.

That picture i have is the back of a very bashed pvc body. As you can see lots of cracks but the shoe good keeps it one piece. And thats after road runs with no wheely bar and lots of half flips off a ramp maybe 10-20 foot drop to the body.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

Much rather paint it myself.
    Jconcepts body: $25
    2 cans of tamiya color: $12
    Total: $37

Cheap body that cracks easily: $20
    Shoe goo: $6
    total: $26

So for $11 extra you get a quality body that won't crack as much, scrape the paint off on simple rolls, comes with masks and stickers, and no shoe goo necessary which adds a ton of top heavy weight to the car overall. Worth it IMO but that's just me.

Meh... For 20 bones, I'd give it a try. Having painted my fair share of RC bodies, I am not opposed to spending a little more and doing some work for a better product, but all painting stops for me around the middle of October, and doesn't start up until April, so if I needed a body in winter, I'd could see buying one of those.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    I believe the Monster Rustler body is actually lexan. It doesn't act like PVC at all. And i would not recommend a PVC body. Those will be more brittle, especially in the winter time, and they just don't hold up. Lexan will flex more allowing the body to absorb the impact and spring back, which is much less stressful on it.

I have one on my 4pede. Seemed to hold up as well as the stock body. The issue with many trucks is the lack of a roll bar to support it from crumpling when your land on the roof. Also the lack of a proper wheelie bar to absorb rear end landings instead of the body.

My stock body split in half like my ERBEv1 body did. I built a very sad looking roll bar for my 4pede so the body wouldn't crumple and that cheap $20 body has lasted me a year of bashing.

I also got a roll cage for my ERBE and it's body is holding up much better now too.

My ejato still suffers from the problem, but I don't have anywhere on the chassis to build a roll bar to support it.
    Expert rigging at it's best!