RC poster

What I've done, and what I wanna do...

Hi I've lerked on here alot finally made an account...

So what I've done...
    Revo 2.5 chassis
    Integy Slayer arms(front,rear,top,bottom,left,right,-them all) silver
    Traxxas toe link 5938r

With minor modifications to driveshaft I now have a 1/10 scale slayer that takes any short course truck body the slash will.

What I'd like to do...
    Revo 2speed trans with reverse and opt drive(opinions please)
    ERevo clipless body mount(has anyone tried anything like this or a cleaner body mount setup)
    Sway bars f/r
    Shocks(what do yall recommend)
    Wheels/tires(is there a way that's been done to use rock crawler rims or who makes nice metal ones for sct?)
    Bumpers/lights

Please mind this slayer I'll have mostly as show I have a slayer pro and slash nitro bashers. My goal is to make it look as much like my 2008 Silverado as I can.
    Last edited by Thedevilmaycrie; 09-19-2018 at 10:47 AM.

RC poster
    Here is how it looks next to my slash nitro

https://pin.it/5ymotgnteiyyhg
    Last edited by Thedevilmaycrie; 09-19-2018 at 02:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedevilmaycrie View Post
    Here is how it looks next to my slash nitro

https://pin.it/5ymotgnteiyyhg
    That's a pro chassis but are the a arms for the early Slayer?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Doable but no it's a revo 2.5 the slayer prepro were silver I know but I'm not paying 60 for that when a revo 2.5 is 30 nib

RC poster
    This week imma order the proline 09 Silverado which is my show body and a beater body.... is there any bodies that yall have wanted to see on a slayer that yall haven't?

RC poster
    Ok so been a while but I got my Silverado body. Now I need help/advice and electric is not an option. I'm wanting to turn my slayer into a crawler. I saw a summit done and liked it. For low speed I'm getting a 2 speed gearbox with reverse and with opti drive hopefully be able to switch high and low speeds accordingly. Increase ride height with the slayer pro arms and integy adjustable rocker arms. I'm not about high speeds and jumps it's more of a project to make it like my truck. Any advice?

Nitro is not suited for crawling as you need airflow through the head to cool. The other option is a big fan pushing air through it. You'll need to custom make your transmission as you will need a very low first gear or find a very small clutch bell and larger spur gear.

The Slayer Pro arms are not that much longer so you gain more with Revo or Summit arms.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Ok what about downsizing to a 2.5r and use a water cooled head traxxas temp monitor, and a radiator and small PC fan? I have the upgraded onboard battery pack can it push the water pump and fan or should I add a second battery

That certainly may be an option.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster

What Ive done and what I wanna do

Just got the Slayer Trainer upgrade, wondering what sort of stats I should be looking for on a slave to make into a slayer.

RC poster
    What is the best aftermarket parts for slayer

I wanna upgrade the suspension I was looking at integy but not seeing anything for slayer

Double G any advice
    Last edited by Double G; 03-06-2019 at 07:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Stay away from integy. Their aluminum is soft and bends very easily!! Been there and wasted money. As far as upgrading the slayer suspension, look at the upgraded GTR shocks with the Titanium coated shafts like on the older ERBE. They work well and are much better then the piggy back or whatever integy is selling. JMHO.

RC poster
    OK cool I bought it used from a friend it sat for a while I got it and recently took it to the shop and they didn't do what I wanted done to it so I'm tearing it down and giving it a good cleaning and found that the motor mount was broke got that put in today waiting on a new ez start the header was missing a screw

RC poster
    I used integy arms for the conversion to the normal slayer

If your looking for shocks and sway bars you can find those easily by looking for revo 3.3 parts most are the same
    Last edited by Double G; 03-07-2019 at 08:26 AM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction

RC poster
    What do I need to get to fix the rubber dust covers at the hub ends

Dust covers. Search for 5907 under the Support tab above and download the manual and exploded views.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Double G thanks man I appreciate the advice I got the exploded views downloaded

RC poster
    Avoid integy. Their aluminum is delicate and twists all around effectively!! Been there and squandered cash. To the extent updating the slayer suspension, take a gander at the redesigned GTR stuns with the Titanium covered shafts like on the more established ERBE.