Thread: broke the demo

RC Champion

broke the demo

On power landing caused one of the rear ujoints to snap.

PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Qualifier
    Congrats? Whaddyanneed?

Is the rusty4x4 fun fun fun fun fun fun?!(hint kazoo kid)
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

doh! looks like someone had a fair bit of fun with it before you broke it
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Qualifier
    We all love plastic axles
    Thanks Traxxas
    fabricator

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    doh! looks like someone had a fair bit of fun with it before you broke it
    well yea lol
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Qualifier
    To be fair, I didn't have high expectations...

RC Champion
    its def a weak spot.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    good news, the MIP cvd's for the traxxas 4x4 fit.

PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC poster
    What is wrong with traxxas? To many bean counters I guess.
    They could have used the slayer plastic axles and there would
    Be no issues with axles. I used them on my slash lcg and they
    Are great. 3s 4s no problem.

RC Qualifier
    They could have used the slayer plastic axles and there would
    Be no issues with axles.
    I agree. Why not just stick with the usual heavy duty 4x4 axles. Doesn't seem like trying to redesign a piece of plastic would make it much better, unless it was a stronger design, which on something round and smooth isn't easy to achieve, or made with a different plastic all together like RPMs Nylon blend. To me, I can't even see the difference with the R4stler axles compared to any other 4x4 axles.

RC Champion
    broke it again. front tierod for camber. snapped the metal.

PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Qualifier
    Uh, that's steel. At least I hope it is. What did you do that broke it? Is it just going to be a true MERV 2.0?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    Uh, that's steel. At least I hope it is. What did you do that broke it? Is it just going to be a true MERV 2.0?
    nose down landing on grass from about 4 foot.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Qualifier
    Hmm... a little rough, but I'd be disappointed if that caused my steel links to break. Prefer a knuckle or a-arm, easy replacement from RPM to solve that problem, vs. slightly more expensive steel links that don't have a stronger replacement... at least as far as I know of.

Hmm... a little rough, but I'd be disappointed if that caused my steel links to break. Prefer a knuckle or a-arm, easy replacement from RPM to solve that problem, vs. slightly more expensive steel links that don't have a stronger replacement... at least as far as I know of.
    The links are the same part number as found on the Stampede 4x4 VXL and the Slash 4x4 VXL. Both have been around for a while and afaik, neither has a noted problem with breaking that part. I think it would be the course of reason and wisdom to resist claiming that the sky is falling, at least for now.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    The links are the same part number as found on the Stampede 4x4 VXL and the Slash 4x4 VXL. Both have been around for a while and afaik, neither has a noted problem with breaking that part. I think it would be the course of reason and wisdom to resist claiming that the sky is falling, at least for now.
    yeah it could have been a defect or something, but I also know that Traxxas beefed up the Rustler 4x4 plastic from the other 4x4s. So it could also be straining the links more which could cause them to break. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for sure.

yeah it could have been a defect or something, but I also know that Traxxas beefed up the Rustler 4x4 plastic from the other 4x4s. So it could also be straining the links more which could cause them to break. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for sure.
    If Im seeing the photo correctly, its also not a typical place for a threaded rod to snap. The very inboard end of the threads is almost invariably the place the failure occurs due to machining methods.
    In any case, if an upgrade was needed, Id much rather go with a Lunsford Racing titanium turnbuckle than RPM Gumby-plastic.

RC Qualifier
    If I’m seeing the photo correctly, it’s also not a typical place for a threaded rod to snap.
    I would expect the rod to snap at the threads, but yeah, kinda strange it wasn't right where the plastic rod end was.

I’d much rather go with a Lunsford Racing titanium turnbuckle than RPM Gumby-plastic.
    Don't think RPM makes turnbuckles. I know they do the camber links, and yeah, they are extremely flexible, but not for steering I don't think. Also didn't know there was a manufacturer that makes titanium rods for this truck. Do they make them for the E-revo 2.0 as well?

...Prefer a knuckle or a-arm, easy replacement from RPM to solve that problem, vs. slightly more expensive steel links that don't have a stronger replacement... at least as far as I know of.
    ...Don't think RPM makes turnbuckles. I know they do the camber links, and yeah, they are extremely flexible, but not for steering I don't think...
    You brought it up. I simply offered a better replacement option.

Products are offered by Lunsford Racing for many Traxxas products, including the 4x4s and the E-Revo VXL Brushless (aka 2.0.)

RC Qualifier
    Cool, yeah I appreciate you bringing the Titanium Turnbuckles to my attention. I might have to consider them in the future. We'll see how my steel links hold up on my Rustler 2wd.

I first started using Lunsford titanium turnbuckles for my widepede camber links. When I snapped a few old T/E-Maxx steering links I had thought looked beefy, I then upgraded to the Traxxas titanium T/E-Maxx turnbuckles. I never snapped another turnbuckle on my widepede.

RC Qualifier
    Wow, how did you snap Emaxx links? My Dad hasn't even bent one, and he drives pretty rough.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    broke it again. front tierod for camber. snapped the metal.

I'm glad your sharing this

RC Champion
    its a great truck it really is but like anything else it has some issues.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE