erevo 2.0 center diff in emaxx

will erevo 2.0 center diff fit the emaxx?

if not can I swap the hole gear box then?

thx

Ya know i was just revisiting this idea recently. Seems a center diff would do wonders for handling while taking a little abuse off the rear diffs which love to fail. I believe traxxas makes a center diff for the e revo/ e maxx. I think its the same part number for both trucks so yes it should fit according to listings i found on ebay.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster...rmaxx-etc.html

I do not have a step by step or tons of PICs but it isn't hard and the trans should fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    Ya know i was just revisiting this idea recently. Seems a center diff would do wonders for handling while taking a little abuse off the rear diffs which love to fail. I believe traxxas makes a center diff for the e revo/ e maxx. I think its the same part number for both trucks so yes it should fit according to listings i found on ebay.
    You sparked my curiosity about a center diff for my Emaxxx, so I looked in the Traxxas parts website. Sure enough, Traxxas does offer a center diff for the Emaxx. I then did a little digging, and looked at some reviews. I seen where guys said it worked really good, but that it didn't last very long before breaking up.

At 40 bucks a pop, I would want some good reliability. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience/knowledge with the Emaxx center diff and its' reliability. I solved my 6s diff reliability problem a while back, but I would like a little better control when hitting 55 miles per hour on dirt.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    The center diff you are referring to won't last long. I blew up the one I tried years ago on it's first run. I used an aluminum housing also. I haven't ran with the 2.0 trans yet but the CD is 1/8 size and has 6 gears so it should be fine.

Good to know thank you.

RC Qualifier
    I recommend the e revo 2.0's center diff if you can shoehorn it in. Very durable. I run 6s and 6s only, pushing the truck very hard, and the only time I had a failure was due to a bearing blowing up. Dug the balls out of the gears, replaced the bearing, and that was all I needed to get the show back on the road.

I think I’ll keep it as is. I’ve had everything running good and reliable for several years, so I don’t want to mess it up with a weak component. I just thought if that Traxxas center diff worked well and reliable I’d give it a shot. From what you guys are telling me is that it works well, but that the reviews are accurate that it’s not very reliable. That’s to bad, I would of liked to have tried it. Yes, I’m crushed, but I’ll get over it....some day. (lol)

RC Champion
    If you are handy with a dremel and can drill some holes google ‘cowboy diff mod’ for instructions on how to adapt a 1/8 scale buggy diff into a center diff for the emaxx/erevo 1.0 trans.
    I have an RC problem...

I looked, but couldn't find anything except a few pictures. You should take pity on a ReglarGuy and post the link.

RC poster

erevo 2 0 center diff in emaxx

Looks good Mate,
    I have thought of doing this mod but mainly only race my erevo and have only ever ruined 1 diff.

Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    If you are handy with a dremel and can drill some holes google ‘cowboy diff mod’ for instructions on how to adapt a 1/8 scale buggy diff into a center diff for the emaxx/erevo 1.0 trans.
    Thanks for the PM pictures, Rock-Rod.