Done with hobbywing

Well, as good of a cheap esc it is, I'm done with the hobbywing max 8. I've been running it in my 2.0, as well as a tekno mt410, and I'm over it. The lvc is spotty at best, I'll set it to medium and pull batteries off at 2.8v per cell (measured by my charger), bump it up to high and they come off at 3.9v per cell. I can't keep the stock fans going, maybe a run or two, then they break a blade or just crap out. It's to the point that I robbed the mxl6s from my O.G. ERBE to run my 2.0 and purchase a mmx for the mt. The mxl6s is a work horse! It's been submerged in the ocean (back when I was a rookie) ejected out of vehicles, and beat to death. Years later it still performs flawlessly! I'm at a loss how so many can recommend this esc. Just last weekend I couldn't run my 2.0 but 5 minutes before it thermaled, granted the fan wasn't working but it was operating at the beginning of the run. That does it for me, I'm out. Buy quality electronics once, and never look back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    I’ve been running a Max8 in a Yeti XL for 18 months and not had any LVC issues, mine is set at medium and my packs come off at about 3.3v everytime, sounds like you may have a duff esc??

RC Competitor
    I will agree the MMX is a much better esc, I’ve got one in my little Yeti so I can use the Aux rock racer mode, the thing is in the UK you can get the Ezrun Max8 combo cheaper than a MMX on its own...

True, it's a budget esc, and I wanted to try different things. I even bought 2, the esc its self isn't bad. The fans are inexcusable and the software seems spotty. I tried, now I'm moving on. It seems to work well for most though, just not my cup of tea.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Champion
    Weird. Mine is flawless. The fan is perfect and LVC cuts at 3.4v. forgot which setting I used, but it was programmed with the LCD programmer a while back.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I really like the MMX, it's not as good as the tekin set up.

Tekin is far smoother and MMX is only marginally smoother than non sensored.

My sensored 2200kv gets much warmer.. so warm it melted my sensor cable. The sensorless 2200 didnt get that warm.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk