RC Champion

Trenchers on the demo

I put some short course proline trenchers on the rustler 4x4 and gave it a quick run. they def drift better then the stocks but i wasnt liking them.

PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Aren't the stock Talon EXT tires that come with the rustler 4x4 basically monster-truck sized tires? I'm just wondering why you would use the short-course trenchers on there instead of the monster-truck sized trenchers?

RC Champion
    it was a "why not" moment to see how it handled.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Qualifier
    I think people use the short course version of the tires, because they are lighter than the actual monster truck tires. Especially when it comes to using a tire as heavy as the Trenchers, anything you can do to get those lighter will help keep it from breaking while you are bashing. I actually want to build a Rustler 4x4, and use the short course trenchers to get good traction, without putting a lot of stress on the driveline. I want to stick with cheap plastic axles, no expensive MIPs or CVDs or anything like that.

Main reason to run SC wheels/tires is that there are a bazillion different short course tires out there. Much wider selection for all types of terrain/purposes.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    Main reason to run SC wheels/tires is that there are a bazillion different short course tires out there. Much wider selection for all types of terrain/purposes.
    There is really no shortage of selection when it comes to 2.8" MT sized tires (same size as rustler 4x4 stock tires) due to popular trucks like the Stampede being on the market for so long. Maybe not if you're looking for foam track tires or something.