RC Competitor

My 2.0 won't backflip

I've had my 2.0 for a little over a month. Run the out of it on 6S. I've been jumping it quite often, getting used to landing it properly using the throttle and brakes while in the air. I finally decided it's time to start doing some backflips and it won't do it?? it lands on the roof every time. Ended up only busting one of my motor fans, not a big deal. I'm sending it about 5 feet high, about 10-15 feet in distance. I also have the Arrma Outcast and that thing does backflips easily. I land them all the time with it. It's, in my opinion, just a piece of [junk] that breaks way to often which is why I bought the 2.0. I'm running the 2.0 pretty much stock. I've only changed the springs and shock oil. Added limiting straps on the rear and an aluminum rear chassis brace. Is anyone else having this issue? I strapped my tires to keep them from ballooning, could that be my problem?

Online Community Behavior (Rules)

Please review the Online Community Behavior (Rules), especially with respect to language allowed here. Thanks! -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-22-2018 at 04:32 PM. Reason: language

I've gotten mine to backflip. My guess is that since you strapped the tires, may be causing it not to back flip.

The tires need to spin and and give it rotational mass in order to do the backflip. The ballooning of the tires may help it backflip.

Also perhaps if your in the 50% mode it will not have enough power to backflip.

If your using smaller or lighter weight tires may be part of it as well. What tires are you using?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I'm running the stock tires. The truck wheelies fine and has plenty of power. I get full speed out of it. I'm pretty sure it's not in 50% mode. I'm running 6200 mah batteries with a 50C rating. I guess I'll try cutting the straps off and see if that helps. I was just trying to prevent the tires from blowing apart by strapping them. But I'd rather be able to do backflips. Haha

RC Competitor
    The outcast will flip way easier than the Revo. It's shorter wheelbase allows it to flip easier. I can flip my outcast where I can't flip my Revo.

I have some jumps in my backyard that are similar in size and a few that I can pull double back flips on with my MT410, that does have small shock waves on it, I can't even get close to pulling a single with my 2.0. The truggy length wheel base makes a big difference when it's not in the air very long. Same goes for my stampede 4x4 and my HCG slash 4x4. Same exact vehicle besides the length of the chassis and the stampede will pull back flips where the slash won't. I never tried doing one without the TSM all the way off, next time I take it out I'll try it. Might have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all the info. I figured the wheel base being longer had a lot to do with it. I never thought of turning the TSM off. Guess I have a lot to try out. Haha

The acceleration or deceleration of the wheels is what causes the truck to flip in the air. Its the CHANGE in wheel speed that produces this effect. The greater the change, the greater the effect.

So if your hitting the ramp at say 75% throttle, you'll only have 25% more throttle available to accelerate the wheels and flip your truck.

Now if you hit the ramp at 50% throttle, you'll have 50% more throttle to accelerate the wheels and flip the truck.

So try approaching the jump as slowly as possible and nailing the throttle just before take off
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC Competitor
    Thanks MaXXL. Now that you say that, people in the vids I see on youtube are doing a much slower approach than I am. It's been raining for a couple days so I haven't been able to get out there to try again with all this new information. Thanks again.