Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Nipawin Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    23

    What batteries for someone from Canada

    So I live in Canada and I was wondering where I should buy lipo batteries. The 2 that I have are very used up. It needs to be a Canadian suite because getting them in from the US is very costly. I was also wondering what brushless combo I should be getting to replace my vxl system(it went up in smoke)

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    1,211
    Gens ace available on Amazon. The 5000mah 2s 50C are 50$ each, no tax, free ship. Prime members gets it next day.



    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5
    How do you convert the Gens ace connectors to Traxxas ID connector? Is there an adapter available or do you have to cut and solder on a Traxxas ID connector?

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    483
    For brushless systems, I would recommend you find a Hobbywing esc, which you can get for about $45, and an inexpensive motor for under $30. Something in the 3000s kv range is perfect. You should be able to get the whole combo for around $75 and it will be reliable.

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Nipawin Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    23
    My local hobby shop has a cc sw4 sensord with a 3800kv motor for 200 CAD. Would that be a pretty good deal? As for the Gen's ace batteries they won't ship to my location nor to the store I work for so not sure what to do there.

  6. #6
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Damalife View Post
    My local hobby shop has a cc sw4 sensord with a 3800kv motor for 200 CAD. Would that be a pretty good deal? As for the Gen's ace batteries they won't ship to my location nor to the store I work for so not sure what to do there.
    The Sidewinder 4 is not a sensored ESC.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Nipawin Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    23
    You are so very right. I just at their website and it clearly states that. My bad. Is it a good combo none the less?

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Damalife View Post
    So I live in Canada and I was wondering where I should buy lipo batteries. The 2 that I have are very used up. It needs to be a Canadian suite because getting them in from the US is very costly. I was also wondering what brushless combo I should be getting to replace my vxl system(it went up in smoke)
    What about trying Ebay?

    What's wrong with the vxl the esc, motor or both go up in smoke?

    These batteries fit tight in my Stampede and Rustler
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Floureon-2-P...YAAOSwLpxbZSXA

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by rchippo View Post
    How do you convert the Gens ace connectors to Traxxas ID connector? Is there an adapter available or do you have to cut and solder on a Traxxas ID connector?
    Traxxas don't sell the connector anymore, so you can either reuse your connectors or get 3rd party. I haven't found a reliable source for good 3rd party connectors yet.

    Otherwise, just change your ESC connector.

    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Igottabeme View Post
    What about trying Ebay?

    What's wrong with the vxl the esc, motor or both go up in smoke?

    These batteries fit tight in my Stampede and Rustler
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Floureon-2-P...YAAOSwLpxbZSXA
    Not a fan of Flouron batteries, but for the price, I'd go with Gens Ace or SMC instead.

    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    Not a fan of Flouron batteries, but for the price, I'd go with Gens Ace or SMC instead.

    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Floureon works for me but shop around I got them cheaper than the link I gave that was just a quick search on Ebay for shipping to Canada. 2 years and numerous cycles the 5200mah Floureons still give good punch and runtime. Go with whatever you can get are there better batteries out there of course there are but they work fine for me.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    483
    Floureons tend to have a somewhat short life span in our household, usually around 2, maybe sometimes 3 years. But they are dirt cheap, so definitely worth it.

    As for the SV4, I mean haven't tried it myself, but Castle is a very reputable brand, so it's probably a good system. I would check out a couple of reviews, and see if it fits your needs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •