Beefier toe links for the 2.0?

I'm looking for a more durable option over the stock toe links. I already have a couple of spare packs of rod ends, looking at 5mm lunsford rods. I've yet to measure just the rod minus the ends but I noticed the longest lunsford offers is 109mm, I think that might be cutting it close. I don't have any experience with lunsford, are these less likely to bend? They are pretty pricey, not sure if it would be worth it, or if I would just be better off hoarding a bunch of the stock ones. I was thinking of looking for a bigger diameter rod, but my concern is the proper sized ends wouldn't fit in the mounts considering the stock ones are a pretty tight fit. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How many rod ends are you going through? Have you tried the drop of ca glue before threading? Which end is giving you problems?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Lunsford rods are very strong. They have went through a lot of abuse on my old 1.0 e-revo. The only thing that will bend them is a steel culvert for water drainage or a head on impact with a stampede 4x4 at 70mph. Those are the only two times Iíve been able to bend one. I recently upgraded my 2.0 push rods and toe links with Lunsford. The 5mm x 109mm are what I purchased. They are a perfect fit. I was able to get the stock length by threading the ends in quite a bit. I would recommend them. As far as the push rods on the 2.0. Traxxas put 5mm push rods but the threaded rod ends are shrunk down to 4mm. So I ordered Lunsford 4mm x 103mm for my push rods. The 4mm Lunsford rod has 4mm threads that fit the stock rod ends and I figured a 4mm Lunsford will still be stronger than the stock Traxxas 5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

Rod Ends are fine. The glue trick works. I've bent 4 total so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    How many rod ends are you going through? Have you tried the drop of ca glue before threading? Which end is giving you problems?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Perfect Charger Man, exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will probably go the lunsford route since you confirmed the 109mm will work with the stock ends. I've only actually broke one toe link end so far, snapped it right off the end of the rod, they actually seem pretty durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    Lunsford rods are very strong. They have went through a lot of abuse on my old 1.0 e-revo. The only thing that will bend them is a steel culvert for water drainage or a head on impact with a stampede 4x4 at 70mph. Those are the only two times Iíve been able to bend one. I recently upgraded my 2.0 push rods and toe links with Lunsford. The 5mm x 109mm are what I purchased. They are a perfect fit. I was able to get the stock length by threading the ends in quite a bit. I would recommend them. As far as the push rods on the 2.0. Traxxas put 5mm push rods but the threaded rod ends are shrunk down to 4mm. So I ordered Lunsford 4mm x 103mm for my push rods. The 4mm Lunsford rod has 4mm threads that fit the stock rod ends and I figured a 4mm Lunsford will still be stronger than the stock Traxxas 5mm.

Beefier toe links for the 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Perfect Charger Man, exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will probably go the lunsford route since you confirmed the 109mm will work with the stock ends. I've only actually broke one toe link end so far, snapped it right off the end of the rod, they actually seem pretty durable.

Your welcome, glad to help! When I bought them I myself wasnít sure if they were going to work but they did. I bent a couple stock ones so I just decided to upgrade instead of spend more $$$ on something that was going to bend easily again.

Here are some pics of mine installed. With Lunsford you wonít look back.

Last edited by Charger Man; 09-23-2018 at 09:43 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    what is the product code for the lunsford titanium toe link which fits the stock toe link rod ends?

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The Traxxas aluminum links work quite well too. They are much stronger then the stocks ones. I have run them on both an OG ERBE and now on my Summit and have had some bad hits. Never had one bend or had issues with them. The Lunsford ones look very nice and I am sure they are strong as well. Just trying to put more options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    what is the product code for the lunsford titanium toe link which fits the stock toe link rod ends?

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk
    For the toe link itís a 5 x 109mm LNS15109

RC Qualifier
    Can you please clarify you used the 5mm x 109 part number LNS15109 with 8646 Rod Ends a Toe Links and the 4mm x 103 (pard number?) with 8647 Rod Ends for push rods.

Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Can you please clarify you used the 5mm x 109 part number LNS15109 with 8646 Rod Ends a Toe Links and the 4mm x 103 (pard number?) with 8647 Rod Ends for push rods.

Thanks

Chris
    Yes. The part number for the 4x103mm pushrod is LNS14103

Just to clarify:

Toelink is LNS15109 with traxxas 8646

Pushrod is LNS14103 with traxxas 8647

RC Qualifier
    The Traxxas aluminum links are pretty darn strong as well. Not sure if you are going with Lunsford titanium ones but I know the Traxxas aluminum ones are tough. Iíve beat the snot out of mine and they are still straight!!

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Charger!

I had to buy the LNS14106 as they were out of the 14103’s. Not a biggie to cut to size.
    Waiting on my 2.0 to come, bought of eBay so I am going to brake it down and do a complete service.
    Figure I would do this upgrade too.

RC Qualifier
    That good to hear 222, I have alum on my merv but it is bullet proofed with a TBone front to rear bumper brace. Prior to I hit a curb with the aluminum ones and there bent.....

I plan on using this as pure basher no brace.

RC Qualifier
    I have totaled my older version 1 erevo and man I mean totaled, and I never had issues with the aluminum toe links and steering links bending. My erevo is in pieces now and the ESC and parts are now being used on my Summit. Just had too many issues with the diffs on my erevo, even on 4s they would go out often. I ended up just leaving it in pieces and it now lays in a box bare bones!! Good luck the 2.0. Iíve heard good things about them but some parts obviously need to be upgraded!! Good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Thank you Charger!

I had to buy the LNS14106 as they were out of the 14103ís. Not a biggie to cut to size.
    Waiting on my 2.0 to come, bought of eBay so I am going to brake it down and do a complete service.
    Figure I would do this upgrade too.
    Your welcome! I would recommend using your stock pushrods and toelinks as a template to get the length on the rod ends same as factory. On those ones you need to cut shorter just be sure when tightening them into the rod end that if the ball starts to get tight you need to cut a little more off.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger Man View Post
    Your welcome! I would recommend using your stock pushrods and toelinks as a template to get the length on the rod ends same as factory. On those ones you need to cut shorter just be sure when tightening them into the rod end that if the ball starts to get tight you need to cut a little more off.

Charger I plan on cutting to length prior to trying to mounting the rod ends. Need to buy a 4mm nut to back off the rod to re-thread.

Should have the parts by the end of next week.

So looking forward to getting my hands on this thing......