just another problem

how do people keep the front diff from leaking ? it doesn't seem to seal & ooze's out the bottom . tried like 3 times , same leak thanks steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

You won't get 100% seal of a moving part and non-moving part. Make sure the seal is properly set in the recess in the cup and ring gear. You may need to use a little lube so that it does not twist when putting the output gear through it.
    The Super Derecho

it leaks where top & bottom meet . does not leak around seals etc . apparently no seal between top & bottom . thanks .. steve

** maybe why no oil when I took it apart

Are you talking on the ring gear? There is a gasket that fits between the cup and ring gear.

If you are talking about the differential housings, no there is no oil that goes in there. Just a little grease on the pinion and ring gears.
    The Super Derecho

ok , im not good at explaining . if only grease in rear diff , I got it . the problem was between the rear & front case of the diff . taking rear cover off exposes the ring gear . thanks steve
    ** ill geter done

after my devastating wreck (hit curb @ about 85mph) I finally have it back together . hoping to get some good runs in .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    after my devastating wreck (hit curb @ about 85mph) I finally have it back together . hoping to get some good runs in .
    Sorry to hear about your wreck BUT glad i'm not alone... lol
    Another rainy weekend for me. The last time i got to run the car the same happened to me with a high speed wreck. Hit the curb, flew five feet in the air and in the end i had a broken rear a-arm and more scuffs on the body and spoiler. Easy fix, bigger tires but lot's of rain.
    Hope you get some "un-eventful" good runs!!!

thanks . I tore the left side of the suspension off . big hit , 7-8 barrel roles . my fault , so just fixed it . they are fast !

** my body is for speed , I have a new body for when I get done trying to go fast .
    Last edited by kzsteve; 09-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.