RC poster

Udr Is going back to traxxas

Hi all,

New to these forums but not new to r/c. (have 14+ trucks and used to competitively race)

Got my udr a few weeks ago and have been loving it, however, a few times now, the esc completely dies and the truck loses power entirely.

Both times it has resulted in the truck smashing into something. The 2nd time this happened this past weekend is what prompted my call to traxxas. As the truck died nearly full tilt on 6s and smashed a curb going 40+.

Has anybody had this happen before? kinda upset being as expensive of a truck as it is.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-25-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    Are all the connectors tight? Perhaps the wires are not seated in the connectors? If it wasn't that, i would see if you can send the ESC back.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno Duck View Post
    Are all the connectors tight? Perhaps the wires are not seated in the connectors? If it wasn't that, i would see if you can send the ESC back.
    Connectors and everything were perfect. that was the first thing i checked. when this happened the esc turned right back on when i hit the button.

Kinda sad to see the truck go back to traxxas as i've been playing with it near every day.

Hope it doesn't get lost in shipping.

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-25-2018 at 11:18 AM.

RC Racer
    i had a few slash 4x4 runaways, i sent my esc and radio in twice on each failure..
    on the 3rd runaway, ii ended up swapping out all my electronics and never had to worry about a runaway again. 3rd runway was bad, because it was full throttle going straight down a road, ended up crashing into someone's house, it jumped a curb about 100 yards away and went straight into their wall.

on my UDR, that was the 1st thing i did, swapped out all electronics, (motor too)
    Last edited by xOperator; 09-25-2018 at 09:32 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by xOperator View Post
    i had a few slash 4x4 runaways, i sent my esc and radio in twice on each failure..
    on the 3rd runaway, ii ended up swapping out all my electronics and never had to worry about a runaway again. 3rd runway was bad, because it was full throttle going straight down a road, ended up crashing into someone's house, it jumped a curb about 100 yards away and went straight into their wall.

on my UDR, that was the 1st thing i did, swapped out all electronics, (motor too)
    The truck should be back tomorrow, hopefully the new esc behaves or else my mmx 2 setup from my summit will be going is faster than the truck can stop lol

Traxxas ended up warrantying the esc and offered a very good price for them to replace the body, sway bar, sway bar link, bumper, skidplate, and shock. So i went ahead with that option.

Side note, Ksb51rl what kind of snowflake forum censors D_a_m_n? this is 2018 and even children routinely use much much worse language.

I remember why i left this forum many many many moons ago

RC Competitor

Hows it end.....

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky_b52 View Post
    The truck should be back tomorrow, hopefully the new esc behaves or else my mmx 2 setup from my summit will be going is faster than the truck can stop lol

Traxxas ended up warrantying the esc and offered a very good price for them to replace the body, sway bar, sway bar link, bumper, skidplate, and shock. So i went ahead with that option.
    Just curious how this story ends....did you get your truck back....and did they fix it!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.

RC poster
    Hi Cheeky, mate i have had this happen, also the steering servo died basically straight away, it was so nice i did not want to drive it. the servo with tsm on moves itself to endpoint.the servo is dead. i replaced it with a savox 1268 ti.the bloody thin still does it.i want to be able to have the tsm on so my boys and other club members can drive it.as for the esc, the plugs on the truck are terrible, i pushed the brand new battery in and it pushed the earth straight out of its holder. in australia this truck cost me 1400 dollars, i am so crapped off at the warranty,bought local,but the suplier is not honering. first and last big traxxas truck i will ever buy.any way i have a traxxas kyle bush 1/16 scale, sound module etc its what gave me the idea to buy the udr. it flies and is fun also,its a tough little car. anyway i may be sending my speed control back to traxxas also, they make it look so cool on the videos and reviews .bummer i must have got the fridays model.cheers

RC Qualifier

I feel your pain lol. I was just on the arrma forum so I gotta remember to not say a thing that’s negative here . But it’s nice to see you got a steal for everything you broke. But to be fair, shoulda never happened in the first place.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Side note, Ksb51rl what kind of snowflake forum censors [that]? this is 2018 and even children routinely use much much worse language.

I remember why i left this forum many many many moons ago
    What kind of forum? The kind whose rules you agreed to abide by when you signed up "again." The Rules of the Traxxas forum are not open to debate or negotiation. If you don't like them, there are other places for you to go. Speaking of which, if you keep up the behavior, you won't have to choose to leave.

I am not sure what's sadder: you thinking it's more manly to use a stunted vocabulary or you being okay with children using the same.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =