RC poster

Lipo suggestions

Need good 2s lipo suggestions. The problem I am having is US companies can't ship lipo's across the boarder. Who do u guys suggest for in Canada. The traxxas batteries seem pricey to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Thought??

RC poster
    I use the Traxxas ones , had the same 2 for over a year and have no problem with them. One puffed a little but I think that was because I didn't store charge it. Plus I like the ease of their charger since I have nihm batteries too. I may eventually go a different way once I get a better esc that will handle 4s.

RC Enthusiast
    I agree with Traxxas batteries. I have a few 2s 5800mah batteries for my Rustler along with the Traxxas dual charger. I can have batteries charging while running my truck for awhile. Price wise they aren’t bad but worth it IMO

I too have had no problems with Traxxas batteries. As a matter of fact. I still use one I bought in 2006 for maintenance on my rigs. Seems some other manufactures of better batteries would have found a way to get them to Canada. That bites man. The traxxas 5800 and 7600 are great though.

BY the way Welcome to the forum. Hope you use it for more than just batteries!
    Choose Life !!!

I buy my lipos from ebay and they often ship internationally to me. Ive owned several different brands and the only 2 still standing (after 5 or 6 years of moderate use) are Dynamite Speedpacks.

Dont get me wrong, they are def showing their age. But they havnt puffed and they are still relatively balanced, and they still perform well enough.

I recently purchased some Gens Ace lipos and am liking them so far. They easily put out the power but ive only put about 10 cycles through them so far so they are still very new. I dont know how well they will hold up in the long run

Avoid at all costs anything that is made by a brand that rhymes with Burnigy or Nanocrap. They wont last more than a couple months if your lucky.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Quote Originally Posted by N1ckK1le View Post
    Need good 2s lipo suggestions. The problem I am having is US companies can't ship lipo's across the boarder. Who do u guys suggest for in Canada. The traxxas batteries seem pricey to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Thought??
    I have a 2 w/d slash I only race in sct, six 2s Lipo's, 2 smc, 2 spc and 2 Traxxas 2s 5800's and the
    Traxxas batteries are only for the mains. They are all 3 years old and run sequentially so they all have
    the same number of cycles. The Traxxas 5800's are the only ones that will still pick the front up on
    my 4x4 ultima. I know their batteries are more than others but they will be my next buy.

RC poster
    I picked up this a few months ago delivered from within Canada. https://www.amazon.ca/Fconegy-6000mA...+battery&psc=1
    Fits like a glove in the battery tray and you can use the battery hold down plus the wires come out right in front of battery hold down. Put many charges on it and lasts at least 20 minutes aggressively.

RC poster
    Thanks for the input guys. Im swaying towards the traxxas I think. Get the combo pack with the id charger.

RC Enthusiast
    Nickile, that what I purchased for my Bandit VXL and I've been very pleased with it. I got the 3s lipo though.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayme View Post
    Gens ace can ship to Canada. And cheaper than traxxas, you could find on their site: https://www.genstattu.com/traxxxas-battery.html
    The main office is selling them through amazon.ca, free ship as well.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk