Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Awesome. I plan on using white lithium on the outer gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    Awesome. I plan on using white lithium on the outer gears.

I've used white lithium before as well, I just bought a tub of the red stuff last time, I'm not 100% certain but I believe white lithium is what Traxxas recommends.

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished product.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    Did the transmission and some of the rear suspension. Stayed up until 5 am. Just buttoned up the rear Suspension. Canít wait to do more. Guess Iím going to have to go back to work tomorrow.

RC Racer
    Orders some Duratrax Pickets. I also liked the Trenchers but wanted to try these and something different.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332426070628

Also ordered the Bronco body, bumpers, rear half shafts..

Wow! Awesome Build! That is a really clean build you got going on right now. I really like the green too. Perfect timing too. I'm getting ready for my own slash build and this is perfect inspiration. Hope you don't mind if I copy a little off of your build.
    And sweet tires. I recently bought some Duratrax tires and I really enjoy them.
    Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas9008 View Post
    Wow! Awesome Build! That is a really clean build you got going on right now. I really like the green too. Perfect timing too. I'm getting ready for my own slash build and this is perfect inspiration. Hope you don't mind if I copy a little off of your build.
    And sweet tires. I recently bought some Duratrax tires and I really enjoy them.
    Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Donít mind at all! Mine will have a flux compacitor, how bout yours? Lol. Look forward to seeing your build!

I really like the way the Duratrax look, and wanted to try another brand. I think theyíll do good!

Yeah, the Duratrax Tires look awesome and come on super cool rims.

But as for mine, I haven't planned it too much. So far, I just have plans of the doing like caster blocks, a-arms, chassis, and a brushless system. Plus, I don't exactly know what a Flux Compacitor? As far as research has shown, its something from back to the future. lol.
    All I know for mine is I'm looking for a rally/off road look. So like a Pickup body with some rally type tires. Its going to be an interesting build..
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas9008 View Post
    Yeah, the Duratrax Tires look awesome and come on super cool rims.

But as for mine, I haven't planned it too much. So far, I just have plans of the doing like caster blocks, a-arms, chassis, and a brushless system. Plus, I don't exactly know what a Flux Compacitor? As far as research has shown, its something from back to the future. lol.
    All I know for mine is I'm looking for a rally/off road look. So like a Pickup body with some rally type tires. Its going to be an interesting build..

That flux compacitor May take some time and patience lol

RC Racer
    Sheís coming along. Slowly but surely

What is your theme for the body, rally car?
    I like monster trucks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dstaks View Post
    What is your theme for the body, rally car?
    81 Proline Bronco Body. The ride will be called ďOJís Revenge.Ē

RC Racer
    Added the Robinson Racing slipper clutch. Hope I Installed it right. Lol

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Looking great. Get the slash 4x4 steering belcrank and dump the servo mounted servo saver.... Much much better setup..
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Looking great. Get the slash 4x4 steering belcrank and dump the servo mounted servo saver.... Much much better setup..
    Thanks will do. The servo is the upgraded 2075 and I have the STRC steering parts. I will have to look at the 4x4 parts.

RC Racer
    I got what your saying. Dang it I wish I would have known the Bellcrank 4x4 setup worked on 2wd. Oh well Iíll replace it after I get her running. Being I spent money on the aluminum setup and added Avis bearings it will work for now. Thanks for the heads up!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The metal gear 2075? If so then get a stronger servo mounted saver and your set it will work just fine. If its the plastic gear servo stay with the weaker saver to protect the servo gears.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer

Aqualungs Slash build

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The metal gear 2075? If so then get a stronger servo mounted saver and your set it will work just fine. If its the plastic gear servo stay with the weaker saver to protect the servo gears.
    Yea itís the all plastic servo. Iím pretty sure anyways. Itís off a stock model. Thanks! I will eventually upgrade it

RC Racer

Aqualungs Slash build

Itís been a while, but I started working on the project again. I cut out the Pro line Bronco body. It looks like Iím going to have to cut the body to get the bumper and rear bumper to fit. Thereís about an inch clearance until it hits the mounting posts. I tried to look up another thread, but could only find a few, and saw they cut about and inch into the body where the front a rear bumpers come in contact. Once I do that it seems like Iím gonna have to cut around the tire wheel wells especially in the front. Any help would be awesome

Iím also debating on selling this roller. I really donít have the money right now, so either itís gonna shouldnít sit on the shelf for a bit, until I can afford the motor/esc combo. Or I may put it up for sale. A lot of medical bills this year..

RC Racer
    All taped and getting ready to paint today.

RC Racer

The color is a little darker in person. Just have to do the hardtop black. Finish with a bed line then tint the windows. Then comes my favorite part.. lifting off the plastic and stickers!

RC Racer
    Just need to tint the windows and put on stickers!

RC Qualifier
    That Slash is awesome

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    That Slash is awesome

Thanks! Finished the tint and took off the peel. Going to do decals tonight hopefully! Iíll take some better shots too.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I've found the 2400kv Castle motors to be a nice 2wd setup.
    I run them in both my 2wd Slash rigs; just something to consider as there are many options for the truck.

The 2400kv Castle is the same diameter as the stock motor ( maybe slightly wider with the fins) but a bit longer.
    Here's a picture of an older nonsensored motor with the rpm motor gaurd, I believe all the new ones are sensored but should still be the same dimensions
    Just my .02Ę.
    [IMG] by , on Flickr[/IMG]
    Hey Billy, itís been a while since we talked motor and esc. Iím looking at the Castle Creations you recommended or a Hobbywing equivalent. I have a 2S battery and would like to get a 4S battery. This truck will stay on pavement for a while.
    Might pick up a set of Duratrax Banditos too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12