RC Enthusiast

Angry how to use stripped rim tires

i have a traxxas slash 2wd with mip xdutys and i strippef the hex in the rim

i cant glue the hex from the rc into the rim because the hex on the mip xduty driveshafts has to screw in so how can i use them they are still new anything thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukebush16 View Post
    i have a traxxas slash 2wd with mip xdutys and i strippef the hex in the rim

i cant glue the hex from the rc into the rim because the hex on the mip xduty driveshafts has to screw in so how can i use them they are still new anything thanks
    You might be able to get away with using an epoxy putty to create a new female hex opening in the wheel. Pack it in there nicely, wait for it to harden fully, and then dremel it out.

I used it in a similar fashion on some tamiya wheels that were degraded by the misuse of loctite. It lasted for about a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    i dont have a dremel

Don't liberally apply the epoxy and use a knife to cut away the excess. Or wrap the hex in aluminum foil, put epoxy in the rim and press the hex in. When it dries remove the hex and clean up.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lukebush16 View Post
    How long have you used this fix? how does it hold up?