RC Competitor

RPM hubs not so good

I installed the RPM truetrack and front a arms and carriers first run the pivot ball popped out i never had this issue with the stock ones so seems like I have downgraded to RPM. Any advise on a fix for this or just go back to stock and return the RPM stuff? Thanks guys

Did the threads pull out of the arms or the pivot ball pull out of the carrier? Both are common occurrences.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Champion
    Common on RPM products, I put little rings around where the pivot balls are. Just used some 1/2" copper tubing.

The traxxas 2.0 carriers are much better if you get bearings to run them or switch to the 2.0 cvds as well.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    All these years I though RPM was awesome lol

The ball came out and stayed screwed into the a arm

Iíll give the 1/2Ē tube a go then
    Iíll look into some 2.0 hubs

RC Competitor
    Update the original traxxas hubs have a steel ring on them have installed onto RPM hubs but the ball doesn’t roll smooth until it’s really loose not impressed by the RPM hubs so far. I’ll be looking into the 2.0 hubs I should of just got a 2.0 insated of upgrading the OG but what’s the fun in that ��

The true track arms are great! Rpm hubs, not so much. I'm still running the original hubs that came with the truck. I guess I never had a problem with them so I never upgraded them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    I just reinstalled the original hubs up front thinking the same thing never had an issue with them apart from the plastic screw moving on me a few times, I thought the rpm hubs may also reduce a little slop.

The true track arms still worry me as they are the same hub but with only one ball joint which doesn’t screw into the a arm very far which also caused me to buy a set of MIP axles as the traxxas steel cvds were to loose.

The hubs are great, but you can' run them with P2/P1 rockers in the tallest arm hole on the front. They extend too far and tend to pop the pillow balls through.

In my many many years of having revo's and RPM arms, this happens on occasion, usually with 1/2" offset wheels and on a bad off kilter high grip landing. If it's warm, I push the ball back through. Totally wrong to do so, but I hate dealing with the pivot ball caps in RPM carriers.

I run RPM because I can't make it through a single bash without shattering a stock carriers to bits. Never fails. I have 3 revos. Each one of them stock when new. During the first session, busted arm and/or axle carrier on all of them.

I have yet to actually break an RPM carrier, but I have broken RPM arms. 3 or 4 in 10+ years. Usually when cold. Considering I have 3 revo's... that's pretty solid stuff from my perspective.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    The hubs are great, but you can' run them with P2/P1 rockers in the tallest arm hole on the front. They extend too far and tend to pop the pillow balls through.

In my many many years of having revo's and RPM arms, this happens on occasion, usually with 1/2" offset wheels and on a bad off kilter high grip landing. If it's warm, I push the ball back through. Totally wrong to do so, but I hate dealing with the pivot ball caps in RPM carriers.

I run RPM because I can't make it through a single bash without shattering a stock carriers to bits. Never fails. I have 3 revos. Each one of them stock when new. During the first session, busted arm and/or axle carrier on all of them.

I have yet to actually break an RPM carrier, but I have broken RPM arms. 3 or 4 in 10+ years. Usually when cold. Considering I have 3 revo's... that's pretty solid stuff from my perspective.
    Thanks for your thoughts I haven’t ever broken a stock hub but the pivot ball caps have come loose on me a few times and I was keen to loose the toe link in the rear.

I’ve been dealing with RCmart where I got them from and it’s taken forever, they just sent me RPM’s reply and it’s clear to me that they don’t give give a dam about customer service or feedback on their products, RPM is dead to me now not impressed with the their products and their CS, they told RCmart I must have put the black cap in the hub first then the ball and that’s why it fell out and why it’s not screwing in properly if that were so the suspension would not even work ok sorry I’m ranting now lol move on

RC Racer
    RPM true track is a great upgrade. The front carriers are also awesome as long as the ring mod is done. The larger bearings are nice.
    ---Greg---

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkamye View Post
    RPM true track is a great upgrade. The front carriers are also awesome as long as the ring mod is done. The larger bearings are nice.
    I do like the larger bearings, what shafts are you using in the rear? My steel cvds didn’t fit the truetrack only just fitted in the cup and I know a small jump or cartwheel and they’d pop out, should have known a mod was needed for an upgrade lol

RC Enthusiast
    ordered the true track rear kit. mostly out of desperation to get rid of the toe-link issues with the 2.0. hope they will last few nasty jumps.

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    ordered the true track rear kit. mostly out of desperation to get rid of the toe-link issues with the 2.0. hope they will last few nasty jumps.

What issue you having with the 2.0 links? I’ve got an OG revo and I replaced all the stock ends on my links, also what drive shafts are you using in the rear?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave50w View Post
    What issue you having with the 2.0 links? Iíve got an OG revo and I replaced all the stock ends on my links, also what drive shafts are you using in the rear?
    toe links in the rear keep bending the rod or getting the rod ends loose/rip in case of bad landings from high jumps. drive shafts are stock.

RC Competitor
    Dam sounds painful I’ve seen a few threads about that issue I didn’t read em tho, do the stock axles have dog bones on one end?

I only run RPM because without them, I can't make it a tank of fuel or a set of packs without shattering a stock carrier... or arm. Literally. Every time I try running a revo out of the box, I shatter an arm and a carrier. It never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Common on RPM products, I put little rings around where the pivot balls are. Just used some 1/2" copper tubing.
    I may try that copper tubing trick on the fronts. What keeps the tubing on there? Just tight fitment?
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Qualifier
    Does RPM True Track work on the 2.0?