Where to plug in my fans on my Traxxas receiver?

Friends, installing my 2 Yeah Racing Fans on my Erevo 2.0 as we speak...where should I plug in each respective fan on the receiver? Can I plug them into channel 3 and 4? And if they are on a channel...do the just kick on when I power on the truck?

RC Champion
    You can plug them into 3 and 4 or what I do is splice, solder and shrink wrap both fans together with one wire plugged into the 3rd port to run both fans. I've been running 4 of my rigs this way for 3 yrs with no issues with fans or heat.

Plugged them into channel 3 and 4 respectively and nothing..they are not kicking on...am I doing something wrong here? As a matter of fact they are getting hot as can be at the fan but not turning at all?

***edit...I am an idiot...had them plugged in backwards..lol**
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 03-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Plugged them into channel 3 and 4 respectively and nothing..they are not kicking on...am I doing something wrong here? As a matter of fact they are getting hot as can be at the fan but not turning at all?

***edit...I am an idiot...had them plugged in backwards..lol**
    LOL your not the first or the last don't sweat it, I'm pretty sure everyone has done it at least a few times.

RC Qualifier
    Some people (those looking for speed) also run them on a separate small 2s LiPo. This takes some stress off the main battery and BEC circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Some people (those looking for speed) also run them on a separate small 2s LiPo. This takes some stress off the main battery and BEC circuit.
    Sounds like a great idea...what would that wiring set up look like? Anyone have a how too on it? 2s to cooling fans?

RC Champion
    Sounds like a great idea...what would that wiring set up look like? Anyone have a how too on it? 2s to cooling fans?
    This is what I use in my TX's to replace my 4 AA's and it works awesome so you could use it for your fans, scroll down to the pics.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...OOTH-RADIO-SET

Thanks Rain Dawg. Anyone have any tips or pics of doing this w the fans? Trying to determine what plugs to use and if I should use a bec of some type or a switch in between.

RC Champion
    Thanks Rain Dawg. Anyone have any tips or pics of doing this w the fans? Trying to determine what plugs to use and if I should use a bec of some type or a switch in between.
    I have done mine 2 different ways and both are fine without a bec or switch. I cut off the plugs that come with the fans and put regular servo plugs (F) on and use a female to 2 males extention to plug into the fans or cut both fan plugs and solder them to a female extenion that plugs into the receiver. Both have no issue working off the one port from the receiver, 3 yrs and no temp problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    I have done mine 2 different ways and both are fine without a bec or switch. I cut off the plugs that come with the fans and put regular servo plugs (F) on and use a female to 2 males extention to plug into the fans or cut both fan plugs and solder them to a female extenion that plugs into the receiver. Both have no issue working off the one port from the receiver, 3 yrs and no temp problems.
    Thanks man. I got that part down pack...was referring to how to wire it to the 2s....if it needs a switch or bec...or if i can literally plug directly in to the 2s stand alone pack via connector like deans or EC3.

RC Champion
    Thanks man. I got that part down pack...was referring to how to wire it to the 2s....if it needs a switch or bec...or if i can literally plug directly in to the 2s stand alone pack via connector like deans or EC3.
    My bad lol most fans are good at 7.4v so no bec or switch just solder a male to the fans and plug it straight into 2s and your good to go. With the battery I linked I get about 3 sloid runs before it needs a charge app. 1 1/2 hrs depending on rig but I've just goten into the habbit of running it to storage and throwing a second battery in if I go longer.
    If your talking a larger 2s pack instead of the small i listed then yes solder to whatever plug that's on your battery.
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 03-10-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    My bad lol most fans are good at 7.4v so no bec or switch just solder a male to the fans and plug it straight into 2s and your good to go. With the battery I linked I get about 3 sloid runs before it needs a charge app. 1 1/2 hrs depending on rig but I've just goten into the habbit of running it to storage and throwing a second battery in if I go longer.
    If your talking a larger 2s pack instead of the small i listed then yes solder to whatever plug that's on your battery.
    Perfect! That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you for all the help and guidance.

RC Champion
    No problem, just make sure to check your cells when your done and it gives you an app. time on how long it will last so you don't over discharge it.

NOt sure it's worth the hassle of a secondary pack just for fans. If you wanted to power servos, then maybe. Those fans don't pull more than 1/4-1/2A each I don't think... actually, .28A:
    http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/ya...nk-p-2398.html
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss