RC Qualifier

Motor wire insulation shredded..

So one of my motor wires have had the meshing get torn apart right at the top of the motor cap. If I fix it with superglue, will anything break? Also how do I pull that little plastic cap off where the wires come out of?

RC Champion
    Plastic cap should come off of the motor by pulling it off. Might have some glue on it. Can’t remember if mine did or not. Also, I would not use super glue on the wiring. Get some heat shrink that is the proper size and slide it down wire and shrink. That is JMHO.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Plastic cap should come off of the motor by pulling it off. Might have some glue on it. Can’t remember if mine did or not. Also, I would not use super glue on the wiring. Get some heat shrink that is the proper size and slide it down wire and shrink. That is JMHO.
    Glad I asked. I’ll go to Home Depot when I can to pick some up.

I don't know why, but I didn't think to use heat shrink... guess I didn't think if I had any big enough to get over the plug on the other end that it would shrink down enough to fit the wire properly. All 3 of mine were wore through to bare wire right where they bend coming out of the motor. I think the battery plugs smack into it all the time when running. I covered the bare area with grey sensor safe RTV. Looked awful, but at least there weren't bare wires hanging out anymore.

I never thought about it, but why is the e-revo motor wire so stiff. All the other wire on my other motors is much more flexible.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I don't know why, but I didn't think to use heat shrink... guess I didn't think if I had any big enough to get over the plug on the other end that it would shrink down enough to fit the wire properly. All 3 of mine were wore through to bare wire right where they bend coming out of the motor. I think the battery plugs smack into it all the time when running. I covered the bare area with grey sensor safe RTV. Looked awful, but at least there weren't bare wires hanging out anymore.

I never thought about it, but why is the e-revo motor wire so stiff. All the other wire on my other motors is much more flexible.
    I put a rant up in the “about Traxxas” section. My question is why didn’t they just use 10G Maxx cable?????? Would’ve solved everything and honestly it’s probably cheaper than mesh.

Motor wire insulation shredded..

I think the answer to the above questions may be related to the construction of the brushless motor. Whole some have stranded wires terminating in connectors, it is just as common or more so to have the connectors attached to what are in fact extensions of the motor windings. These are typically made of much stiffer wire and are less tolerant of modification, such as shortening or lengthening.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I think the answer to the above questions may be related to the construction of the brushless motor. Whole some have stranded wires terminating in connectors, it is just as common or more so to have the connectors attached to what are in fact extensions of the motor windings. These are typically made of much stiffer wire and are less tolerant of modification, such as shortening or lengthening.
    Yah, makes sense with the stiffer wires inside but still isn’t an excuse to not use maxx cable.
    Here’s my biggest hate to rc. I hate worrying. Hate it so much. Old e revo users who used to run 6s would always have to worry about their diffs. In my old slash I’d have to worry about my wheels stripping. It sucks! In some cases it completely ruins the point. Now I have to worry about my superglue job not keeping out the water. It’s not like you can heatshrink it. Hint hint, u can’t. Or at least I couldn’t. Do you know how much cancerous fumes of black smoke I inhaled trying to shrink 3/8in heatshrink to hide the wire??? Three lifetimes worth! Now I need to worry every single time I hit a puddle of water! And im living near a lake so now I gotta worry about morning mist too! It completely ruins my routine of RCing before workng. What’s the point?
    Edit #2: I don’t even wanna start on how I gotta worry about blowing tires off the rim. Wish they’d just unglue, not rip. But that one is passable as it’s an MT.
    As a wise man once said, Endith Rantith.

Oh yeah, congrats on 20k posts. World record. Lol. (I wish there was a cheat sheet for all the emoticons this website has to offer, if I knew how to give a thumbs up, I would. Guess u get a big smile .
    Last edited by Peeeenuuutt; 06-11-2018 at 09:55 PM.

RC Competitor
    Hi guys!
    How can I solve sheath consumption?

Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk