RC poster

NEWBIE LOOKING FOR SERVO HELP on STAMPEDE XL-5 2WD

So I just bought a Stampede 2wd XL-5 used on ebay. Of course it was claimed it was hardly used but that seems to be a hard thing to judge. I'm very new to this whole thing. I like solving problems but also want to make sure I am heading down the right path in my repair job. After a few sessions of some medium bashing (nothing crazy like massive jumps) I noticed my 2056 servo after a sharp turn sort of locks to one side steering wise. Nothing is physically catching. I replaced the servo saver that was cracked and opened up the servo but didn't see any obvious damage.

What are the next steps to figuring out the issue? At what point should I call traxxas support hotline? I want to use this as a teaching tool for my son but need to understand things myself. Any help would be great!

Something could have gone wrong in the electrical board on the servo. If you turn the car on, does the servo go back to center? If it does, then call traxxas support. If it does not, then the servo is unfortunately dead. Do you have any spare servos lying around? If you do, I would recommend connecting it up and see if it works, that way you can know if it is your receiver.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC poster
    Looks like I am going to have to call in. It returns to neutral but then on hard turns it decides to stick to one side. I'll have to shoot a video if that is possible to share on here. Like I said I am completely new to this. Thanks for the response. Eventually I'll have it figured out lol even if I have some spare parts at the end.

RC Qualifier
    Before you call, look and see if the wheels are turning so far that the steering link is basically straight with the steering knuckle's arm. I know on the Stampede the wheels can over-steer a little and if that pushes too far it will lock up. This behavior seems to be amplified with the wide-mod if you have that. You might just need to adjust the endpoints of the servo so that it doesn't steer quite as far.

RC poster
    Is this what you were talking about RC N3rd?
    Last edited by kevlaryouthguy; 10-01-2018 at 02:07 PM.

RC poster
    tried sharing the pic from google drive

Quote Originally Posted by kevlaryouthguy View Post
    Is this what you were talking about RC N3rd?
    There is no photo.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC poster
    well I couldn't get the photo to work but I did adjust the steering arms (I think that's what they are called) and that seemed to have fixed it. Hasn't been locking up! Time to get out there and start bashing. Thanks for the help!

RC Qualifier
    Oh good! Glad that helped, lemme know how it does after your next sesh...