RC poster

Recommendation for build out

Ok, just wondering what the consensus is for best setup for off road, trail running , and loose dirt/grass running. Will be running mainly 4s and 6s. So below is what I am looking for help on and anything I might miss as well. I DOnt wantbcrazy fast nothing above 40-45mph at most. Just power when needed to climb over things and go up hills and still have little more puch for ramping and what not. I just donít wanna flip and wheelie anytime I need to hit the throttle

Motor
    Esc
    Gears(brand and ratio)
    Tires
    Connectors for battery and esc
    Anything else I am missing?
    Money not to much of a issue. I already have the castle system and I am not much of a fan been more issues than anything. So what else is out there you would recommend

IMO, the Castle 2028 motor has just about the most torque you'll find out there, which is why you flip it over on a touch of the throttle. With that motor, you want to run almost 1:1 gear ratio to prevent the "it flips over when I touch the throttle" issue. For spur gears, you only have 3 options, if you don't want to modify things, & that's the Traxxas ones: 54t, 50t, & 46t. For pinion gears, you have a few options, but not many. I run a 40/46 gear setup myself, and it's easy to control, & still has plenty of torque to wheelie whenever I want. For tires, I recommend the Proline tires, since they don't turn into pizza cutters, & with the Castle motor, the extra weight is a non-issue. I personally use the Traxxas 4s 7600 batteries, & have had no problems with them, but I know many use other brands, with other connectors.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC poster
    can you please provide me with links for the 40/46 gears. I will go with that setup

RC poster
    THANK YOU. I am going to go with the 40/46 Setup and see how that goes. Is there any way to find a bigger gear cover for the xmaxx or is that something we cant do with the castle setup?

Somebody made a 3d printed cover, but I don't know who. Maybe try Ebay?
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Qualifier
    I really enjoyed the 8s X-maxx the way it is out of the box. What dont you like abou the truck as is?
    Im not sure I understand the issue or need to put lots of money into it.

I have modified a few RCs with bigger motors ESCs and batteries and it always takes away from the handeling and reliability of the RC.

My x-maxx has the Leopard 5882 and Max5 ESC. While its awesome, I would say the 5th scale power systems are overkill for what you described wanting (40mph-45mph) This motor is just ok on 4s but on 8s is where that punch really lives.

Also to the comments above about the touchy throttle, I run a Futaba radio and you can tune the throttle curve. This took away the overly punchy throttle. A castle XL-X esc should be able to do that for you also if you wanted to keep the Traxxas radio.

-Liberty