RC Racer

Today's episode of "what's wrong now?" - radio issues

As some of you know I purchased a used 8s xmaxx awhile back. I've been fighting gearing issues and worn out part issues since.

I got the gearing fixed... I think!

Now when I drive it, it loses signal quick! Like I'm talking maybe 50 yards away or so. Sometimes if I turn the radio on and off itll pop back on. Normally I have to walk closer.

I'm assuming its signal related because if I drive it right around me fine.

Radio has new batteries. What else do I check? Bout to get rid of this radio system. I've never had so many problems with radio systems in my life..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    You may start with checking the receiver, specifically the antenna wire. I was having similar symptoms as you, and traced it to the antenna wire on the receiver being partially burned. I replaced the receiver, and no more signal problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is not low batteries (common on nitro vehicles) or the radio then it is the antenna. I had issues with my stock radio cutting out on my Revo and had issues even after a new receiver pack. Off/on solved it and then it would randomly shut down. Found a pinch in the metal tube near the end of the antenna, thought it could be an issue and after a new tx/rx determined it was.

Buying used typically means you are inheriting someone's headache and I wouldn't be quick to place blame on the manufacturer.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Probably going to end up getting a futaba radio set up

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post
    Probably going to end up getting a futaba radio set up

I have the 3PV and have never said, I wish it did this. Itís simple, fast, reliable, and has plenty of flexibility