RC Enthusiast

alternative tires/rims e-revo 2.0

I've ripped all four Talons ext on my new e-revo 2.0. Had them replaced for Louise ST. Far better tires but the rims stripped due to the hex. What tires/rims are good for bashing?

Let's start by asking terrain, where do you drive it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    for bashing, rough terrain, sand, mud

I pick up the Badlands mx38. Currently holding up well for me. Duct taped the breather holes right out of the pakage.

Really only done grass and beach sand so far one them. They work good on beach.

Yet to try them on the super loose hard pack clay with sand on top track. Blockades probably run best here. All the truggy guys run that style. On that track.

I've also ran used mt 6 pack tires untill the foam came apart on one tire.

A e-revo 2.0 in LHS had the smaller Badlands on. Not sure how those would work

Number of ppl recommend the shockwaves due to being lighter and helps them to not pull shock ends out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Oke, thnx. So Proline Shockwave 3.8 or Proline Badlands 3.8. The last ones are heavier, do you know how much heavier? I can't find the weight of them. I want to compare them with my Talons

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen E View Post
    Oke, thnx. So Proline Shockwave 3.8 or Proline Badlands 3.8. The last ones are heavier, do you know how much heavier? I can't find the weight of them. I want to compare them with my Talons
    Post 4 https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-Badlands-MX38

RC Enthusiast
    Thnx, whow, that's a huge difference. Shockwave 9,9oz, Talon ext 14,2 oz. Almost not to believe. To bad the Shockwaves are discontinued... https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...es-mounted.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen E View Post
    Thnx, whow, that's a huge difference. Shockwave 9,9oz, Talon ext 14,2 oz. Almost not to believe. To bad the Shockwaves are discontinued... https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...es-mounted.asp
    They are still available on eBay, tower hobbies and lots of other retailers online. They wear really well too. You can still get them.

RC Enthusiast
    Which tires have the bigger sidewalls? I need something that can absorb the hit of vertical jumps and sufficiently heavy to control the car in air.

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    Which tires have the bigger sidewalls? I need something that can absorb the hit of vertical jumps and sufficiently heavy to control the car in air.

Get trenchers or badlands mx38, plenty of meat and sufficiently heavy enough to control the truck in the air
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    I am wondering if the mx38 tires and f11 wheels are too big and heavy? I hope not I love the way the truck handles the track with these tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcmgunner View Post
    I am wondering if the mx38 tires and f11 wheels are too big and heavy? I hope not I love the way the truck handles the track with these tires.
    If your not having temperature issues with either the ESC or motor, you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcmgunner View Post
    After some real time running these tires I have found for me personally they aren't the best option. Over time they tend to get pretty stretchy, ballooning increases. They do tax your electronics more, but like you said they do perform awesome. It's all up to the user, if you dont have heat issues like the poster above mentioned, I don't see a reason to avoid them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post

Trenchers 3.8's wrapped with kevlar. They do really well, but wrapping them cuts air control by more than 50%. Personally, I'd rather have tires that don't blow off the rim or explode when doing a backflip, so I wrap them with 500lb cored kevlar cord.

Only real downside is they aren't 1/2" offset like stock wheels, so it can make it a bit tippy. I don't know how they act vs stock as I never ran the stock tires, got my truck used and it was a roller without wheels/tires. I had the trencher 3.8's on my v1 and transplanted them along with a host of other stuff from my v1. When on the v1, I only ran 4S and I didn't have any issues with them blowing off the rims, but I got the v2 roller so I could run 6S. 6S+ speeds are unkind to tires.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss