Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: market place???

  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    59

    market place???

    what's up with the marketplace?
    I only saw 1 person selling on it.

  2. #2
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,527
    Same problem with other forums and parts thereof: there are other venues available. (Think Facebook.)
    That and you’d be surprised at how many people chafe at the simple rules.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    59
    I don't do FB

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    59
    sorry I posted this in the wrong spot.
    I see it's got moved to the right place now....lol

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by primal basher View Post
    I don't do FB
    Why not? It is really what you want it to be, and is an excellent venue for organizing local RC events. FB Market has really taken over from Craigs and many forums like this one. A lot of people, myself included, would rather sell and buy locally, there is no misconceptions about what the product is or its condition when you are holding it in your hands. And, if you practice a little bit of common sense (i.e., meet in a public place, bring a friend, etc...), it is safe. Pay Pal is convenient for transactions, but nothing beats having actual cash-in-hand at the end of a transaction.

    I do find it funny how in a knot people get tied in when it comes to private information on sites like FB. Simply, it knows what you tell it, if you do not want your private information out there for consumption, then don't put it out there.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Earth...I think?
    Posts
    541
    There’s probably only one person selling on the marketplace here because of the all-popular RCtech forums.
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Why not? It is really what you want it to be, and is an excellent venue for organizing local RC events. FB Market has really taken over from Craigs and many forums like this one. A lot of people, myself included, would rather sell and buy locally, there is no misconceptions about what the product is or its condition when you are holding it in your hands. And, if you practice a little bit of common sense (i.e., meet in a public place, bring a friend, etc...), it is safe. Pay Pal is convenient for transactions, but nothing beats having actual cash-in-hand at the end of a transaction.

    I do find it funny how in a knot people get tied in when it comes to private information on sites like FB. Simply, it knows what you tell it, if you do not want your private information out there for consumption, then don't put it out there.
    my work has a gov. contract and they dont allows us.( ive seen many ppl got fried over it) and im got losing my job over drama

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by primal basher View Post
    my work has a gov. contract and they dont allows us.( ive seen many ppl got fried over it) and im got losing my job over drama
    That, in itself, is illegal, they cannot restrict what you can or cannot look at. I am a government contractor as well, with a security clearance, there are no restrictions about being on FB. There are things I cannot discuss, projects I am currently working on, and projects I have ever worked on. There are, of course, topics and groups that could jeopardize my clearance, and without a clearance i donít have a job. Plus, government/contractor policies are for social media in general, so the same social media policies apply equally to forums like this one.

    I have seen a couple of people get in trouble over social media, and lose their clearances/jobs. Always it has been over the person not thinking, or posting something stupid (normally when angry or upset). Never have I seen anyone get chastised over posting their RC wears on the FB market places. I will say that FB is frowned upon on government computers, but is allowed for viewing on our breaks. Iíve never looked at FB at work, but the Traxxas forums are a norm.

    As far as drama goes, I avoid it as much as I can. I greatly limit who I friend, and if they turn out to be a drama queen, they get dropped. Like a lot of people, the bulk of my drama comes from family, so I have to deal with it one way or another. FB allows me to filter it, and only respond to it if it is necessary, most of the time it is not necessary and ignored.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  9. #9
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,527
    Exactly what is illegal about an employer specifying what is and is not allowed to be accessed using their equipment?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

  10. #10
    RC Champion lektro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach/ South USA !
    Posts
    1,922
    I work for the State of Virginia. 30 years Jan. 1. The 29 years I have worked there, they had violations in place but never enforced them. Except for downloading or watching you know XXX . . They have an eye on every computer on campus. Not much I use mine for personal use although I am sure I could. Having to good of a time doing my job, designing signs making and installing. Vinyl and engraving.... Love it!
    Last edited by lektro; 10-07-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Exactly what is illegal about an employer specifying what is and is not allowed to be accessed using their equipment?
    It is 100% legal for an employer to monitor and limit what happens on their information systems, this goes double for government assets. But, Primal Basher did not really indicate that he was using his work's computers to access FB, just that he was not allowed to, assuming not allowed to even on his own hardware on his own time. DoD/DoN policy is pretty consistent with the rest of the government in their policies for social media, in short, if he were not allowed to access FB, then he would not be allowed to access any social media site like the Traxxas forums, and he being told that he cannot access them on his own hardware on his own time is a 1st Amendment violation.

    Contractors, government employees, and military have annual training requirement on this, which we end up getting about six times a year, or when someone (Hillary) screws up and blames it on not knowing the rules. With that, I am assuming he is talking about being a contractor for the US Government, if he works for Russia or China, then they can tell him what sites he can access and what he can't. But, I made an assumption that "PA" meant "Pennsylvania".

    Back on track here...
    The Traxxas Market Place is slowing way down because there are more convenient places to sell that do not restrict what is sold to one brand. No blame either way here, it's Traxxas' site which is paid for by Traxxas for the promotion and support of Traxxas RCs. A lot of RCers find these rules to be too restrictive, and find it annoying that they cannot sell another brand's hardware here. I recently sold a MT4 on RCC, I posted up locally, got a couple of flake responses, then put it up on RCC and it sold in less than a day, easy-peasy... But I knew that it was nothing that would be allowed here, so I didn't even try.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    It is 100% legal for an employer to monitor and limit what happens on their information systems, this goes double for government assets. But, Primal Basher did not really indicate that he was using his work's computers to access FB, just that he was not allowed to, assuming not allowed to even on his own hardware on his own time. DoD/DoN policy is pretty consistent with the rest of the government in their policies for social media, in short, if he were not allowed to access FB, then he would not be allowed to access any social media site like the Traxxas forums, and he being told that he cannot access them on his own hardware on his own time is a 1st Amendment violation.

    Contractors, government employees, and military have annual training requirement on this, which we end up getting about six times a year, or when someone (Hillary) screws up and blames it on not knowing the rules. With that, I am assuming he is talking about being a contractor for the US Government, if he works for Russia or China, then they can tell him what sites he can access and what he can't. But, I made an assumption that "PA" meant "Pennsylvania".

    Back on track here...
    The Traxxas Market Place is slowing way down because there are more convenient places to sell that do not restrict what is sold to one brand. No blame either way here, it's Traxxas' site which is paid for by Traxxas for the promotion and support of Traxxas RCs. A lot of RCers find these rules to be too restrictive, and find it annoying that they cannot sell another brand's hardware here. I recently sold a MT4 on RCC, I posted up locally, got a couple of flake responses, then put it up on RCC and it sold in less than a day, easy-peasy... But I knew that it was nothing that would be allowed here, so I didn't even try.
    Greatscott, what is RCC?

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by DarianRachal View Post
    Greatscott, what is RCC?
    RC Crawler forums. It is pretty active, but just like here, there is an ebb and flow to the activity. To see the For Sale section you have to have been a member for at least 30 days, or have 30 meaningful post; or, you can buy a star for $20 (yearly) and get instant access. There is a lot of information on that forum for crawlers and scale RCs, but you need to be thick-skinned to post on there. A few years back it was REALLY bad, you did not post on there unless you liked getting punched in the face, but the forums have mellowed out quite a bit, but there are still a couple of "old-schoolers" there.

    Their for sale section is petty active, and, like I said above, my next choice for selling an item when I cannot find a buyer locally.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  14. #14
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,658
    I knew I saw you over in RCC greatscott! Your avatar is different though.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I knew I saw you over in RCC greatscott! Your avatar is different though.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Yup, it is the cow from The Far Side. But, it only shows up in Tapatalk and not on a regular web browser. To have an Avatar on that site you have to buy a star, and I haven't done that in over six years.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  16. #16
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    30

    market place???

    This is a Traxxas forum. Please do your best to remember that. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-08-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •