RC Competitor

T-Bone racing now has stuff for the 2.0!!!

They just came out with 2 different front bumpers, a full chassis skid plate with servo protection, a wheelie bar and an exo cage. I ordered the full chassis skid plate.

RC Competitor
    Interested in getting your thoughts on the skid plate system. Please post pictures after your install.

RC Competitor
    I've tried to post pictures on here before and it wants a URL. I don't know what that is. Haha it would be nice if Traxxas made it easier to post pictures on here. I will come back and let everyone know how the quality is and how well/easy the installation goes.

RC Racer
    Ordered the front bumper and skid today.
    ---Greg---

RC Competitor
    I order the skid plate on 10/1 and it came in today, 10/12. I have to work on my pickup truck tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't take all day, and then I'm going to put the skid plate on.

RC Competitor
    I installed the full skid plate and servo protectors. Not sure if I like how the skid plate and servo protectors line up. I sent an email to TBR with some photos. I might just drill a hole in each piece and add a zip tie to mesh the two pieces together. If you want to see the pictures, they're on my Instagram. Paultro84@instagram.

RC Enthusiast
    I received the wheelie bar set but had some issues as the holes for screws were in the wrong position, preventing me from installing it properly. Also some screws they provided were too long. I wrote an email and waiting for a reply...

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Man that really sucks. They don't include instructions either. I went on their website so I could look at pictures to figure it out. I'm very pleased with the skid plate. I was going to order the wheelie bar but I guess not anymore. Haha I might get one of their front bumbers though.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultro84 View Post
    Man that really sucks. They don't include instructions either. I went on their website so I could look at pictures to figure it out. I'm very pleased with the skid plate. I was going to order the wheelie bar but I guess not anymore. Haha I might get one of their front bumbers though.
    Mount servo covers with wide ends toward front and pointing in. Leave loose until Chassis Skid is installed.
    Remove stock screws where new standoffs will be located.
    Thread new standoffs into chassis ( the ones with the longest threads go toward the rear of the car). Tighten.
    Place Chassis Skid over chassis being careful to place front under stock cover.
    Next thread the shorter M4 screws toward the rear and the longer ones toward the front. Tighten.
    Next line up the servo covers so that they mesh with the chassis and tighten.

RC Competitor
    Hate to disparage a company that seems to be trying hard but my experience with T-Bone was very similar - got parts that didn't fit right, lots of trouble communicating & broken promises before returning some stuff. I did hang on to some of the skid plates & those are OK, but they clearly still have some customer service & production issues to iron out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paultro84 View Post