RC poster

New to site,used green xmaxx 8s no wheelies at all..... HELP!

Bought a green used X Maxx 8s and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the front to lift. I've watched many YouTube videos on x max Runs Out of the Box and it seems like they take off [edit] to the wall. This truck takes off good but does not lift the front end at all.

It has stock vxl-8s stock motor stock gearing with two Traxxas 4S 6700 mAh 25 c - 50 c burst. The truck is used but does not look in bad shape at all not many brushes on a arms or chassis it also came with Proline Badlands MX tires with the proline beadlock rims.

Truck has seen the beach judging by the sand in compartments and fishing line behind wheel lol. Where I live it's currently 55/65f and misty rain, wet.

So I know it's not the temp sensor problem.
    It's not in training mode.
    Batteries are charged.
    Center diff (no slipper to tighten)
    I was thinking endpoints in traxxas link but I don't have the module so I put in my spectrum and no flipping action either.

I'm left to belive it's just too wet for the Badland tires to catch? or maybe the diff oils were changed to stop the wheelies?

Idk, I hope I'm overlooking something so stupidly simple lol.
    HELP!
    Last edited by Double G; 10-07-2018 at 12:57 PM. Reason: language - watch it!

RC Enthusiast
    Stock 8s with 4s batteries should wheelie without any problem.
    Did you try to wheelie on grass?
    If you try to roll the truck by pushing it, does it run freely?
    Maybe you have a stuck fishnet on one of the wheel hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC poster
    Truck rolls freely, spinning spur spins all wheels, diff are diffing lol. Yes I've tried grass and my usual spots in front of the house on the street. I'm tearing it down atm to see if I can find anything.

Hmm just had another thought. Would the traxxas easy peak charger know if any of the cells are weak or dead? I don't see a bad battery or bad cell indicator on it. Maybe my problem is juice. I've go 2-3s 25c 4000 mah I could try after cleaning the insides.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-07-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Well i set up the bluetooth for the easy peak live just to check before going any further, all cells are good.....

RC Qualifier
    check on YouTube for a throttle calibration procedure. Kinda sounds like the truck does not see full throttle

RC poster
    The magnets on the shaft of the motor might have broken loose. It happened to mine after 3 months of bashing. Easy fix is to pull the motor apart and JB Weld the magnets and collar back on the shaft.